PFT: Rams more likely to tag Joyner than Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't like using the franchise tag, seems to just keep delaying the Inevitable. Sign the guy if you believe in him, IMO, the franchise tag is a lazy way out and solves nothing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like using the franchise tag, seems to just keep delaying the Inevitable. Sign the guy if you believe in him, IMO, the franchise tag is a lazy way out and solves nothing.
Not sure about the lazy part but I agree overall with the sentiment. UFA is nothing new, Rams were able to keep players even when they were terrible. Maybe it’s just my perception but I feel like there is an expectation that UFA means they are goners. Doesn’t need to be. All teams deal with this and iirc a large % stay with their current team.
Offer a reasonable deal and the player stays. Especially now that they Rams are winners, there isn’t the need for flight to play on a winner.