PFF top 100 free agents and predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler

FWIW, here are the top 100 free agents of 2021 according to PFF with predictions where they sign and for how much. They predict the Rams re-sign Troy Hill and John Johnson III and pick up Alex Mack on a one year deal. Who knows, but it’s an easy read.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Couple of things. PFF is handing a TON of money out as if the cap isn't going down. I dunno about some of those offers.

If Corey Linsley is "only" gonna get $11M/yr, then GO GET HIM.

Figure it out. I was thinking $15M/yr and I think he gets close to that.

I dunno about Mack. I keep going back and forth. yeah, he was good, but was last year like Sullivan's 2018 where he was done at the end? I dunno. Better football minds will have to figure that out.

I still like Creed Humphries and what impressed me the most is how he just stoned the power rush of some very big men. I know they're stronger and quicker in the NFL, but contrast that with Blythe getting dogwalked on the bull rush every time... we just HAVE to get better at the Center position.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Corey Linsley is my must have signing, the resign Floyd. Maybe an upgrade @ guard if that's realistic or not. Shiiiiit add Golladay too ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Packers may be prepared to lose Linsley. They could move Jenkins to Center while he's cheaper. But if they don't and are willing yo pay him then would he have much incentive to leave Green Bay? He's got w nice situation up there. The same goes for the Bills Center. I guess if they prefer warmer weather maybe, but both are on goid teams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So the Game sign Troy Hill and JJ, plus Alex Mack. I'm okay with that. I don't like Sheattle getting Floyd though. They don't have the Rams signing a top 100 edge rusher to replace him.

McVay feels that he has a Super bowl roster, so maybe his focus will be on keeping it together, aside from Blythe. If he can get some players to renegotiate to free up cap then maybe they just retain their own key free agents.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Give me Floyd & Mack and of course Darious Williams as RFA... and I will be thrilled.

Ultimately it will come down to the cap number. If it's set around $190M, then they can keep Floyd...if not he will walk.

Worse case next yrs draft will look like this... Not a bad haul to keep this thing going despite no first rounders

Rams 22' Draft

3 comp - Holmes
3 comp - Floyd
3 comp - Johnson
4 comp - Hill
5 comp - Everett
7 trade - Talib

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Yeah, I'm anxious to see what the cap # will be. It's going to make or "break" us.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Floyd follow Staley to the Chargers. I've already accepted the fact that unfortunately we'll probably lose him and JJ3.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams 22' Draft

3 comp - Holmes
3 comp - Floyd
3 comp - Johnson
4 comp - Hill
5 comp - Everett
7 trade - Talib
Those projections seem reasonable, and Reynolds could get back a pick.

Any Rams’ additions could offset some comp picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give me Floyd & Mack and of course Darious Williams as RFA... and I will be thrilled.

Ultimately it will come down to the cap number. If it's set around $190M, then they can keep Floyd...if not he will walk.

Worse case next yrs draft will look like this... Not a bad haul to keep this thing going despite no first rounders

Rams 22' Draft

3 comp - Holmes
3 comp - Floyd
3 comp - Johnson
4 comp - Hill
5 comp - Everett
7 trade - Talib
Looks good but safety money may push JJ to a 4th unless we think somebody gives him Adams money

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams 22' Draft

3 comp - Holmes
3 comp - Floyd
3 comp - Johnson
4 comp - Hill
5 comp - Everett
7 trade - Talib

I'm going with the below. Hill is over valued imo and safeties don't get contracts high enough for a third. I'd actually be tempted to put JJ at a fifth comp pick but depends on how hot the safety market is. Also, a team can only have 4 comp picks in a given year. So if all of our free agents leave and we don't have any huge signings ourselves I'd go with below.

Only thing I'm not sure on is if GM/head coach comp picks count in the 4 total and how the formula takes into count having more than 4... ie - if we qualified for 6 comp picks and had to be hacked to 4 would there be a bump to some of our picks since we lost a couple? Such as below, if we had three players qualify for a 6th but two of them got cut would they get cut out right or does the formula take that into consideration and bump us to a 5th? Not sure, anyway...

3 comp - Holmes
3 comp - Floyd
4 comp - Johnson
6 comp - Everett, Reynolds, or Hill.
7 trade - Talib

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Those projections seem reasonable, and Reynolds could get back a pick.

Any Rams’ additions could offset some comp picks.
Well only can get a total of 4 comp picks for lost players.

So guys like Reynolds or Ebukam likely won't count or would be useful in offsetting a cheap signing like Mack.

And yes, I am being optimistic that Hill gets a 4 and JJ a 3.

Might be a 4 and 5 instead....still not bad if they can continue to hit on those guys in the top 150 or so. Hoping the CB position is valued enough that Hill still gets 4 money.

I also think in today's NFL the S position is becoming more valued if they are well rounded like Johnson. He can QB a D, play coverage, and support the run. So he has good value.

And our own 4th in 22' was a throw in on the Cooks trade...so we lose that.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Does the comp pick formula max-out at four-per-team?
Yes...you cant get more than 4. I believe someone posted that the new comp for minority hires is not included in that max number for lost players.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

FWIW, here are the top 100 free agents of 2021 according to PFF with predictions where they sign and for how much. They predict the Rams re-sign Troy Hill and John Johnson III and pick up Alex Mack on a one year deal. Who knows, but it’s an easy read.
If I had my choice, I had much rather keep Johnson and Floyd.
I am not as big of fan of Troy Hill as Aaron Rogers is.
Love the Mack idea, but speed receiver is high on the list, whether
it's free agency or draft. With the deep ball being one of Stafford's
strengths, It only makes sense to accommodate.