PFF Team Needs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

The Rams solidified several key spots in free agency, primarily their offensive line. Now, their attention turns to a defense that finished last in the NFL in coverage grade and just saw an all-time legend, Aaron Donald, retire. Kobie Turner is an excellent player inside who can at least partially fill Donald’s shoes, but the Rams edge group ranked 30th in overall grade last season.

On the backend, Los Angeles still needs more talent, even after adding solid veterans like Darious Williams, Kamren Curl and Tre'Davious White. The Rams could still look at the cornerback draft class early while filling in a thin linebacker room in the middle rounds of the draft.

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Psycho_X

Legend
Pretty spot on I'd say. Edge, CB, linebacker I think can be agreed on by most. I'd really like to have a kicker too.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems about right. The only question is if the Rams might walk away with a receiver first. They met with Odunze and they were at LSU's pro day. I can't think of any players in our range there except Brian Thomas Jr. I could see a world where they go receiver and address the other needs with the ten other picks.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Seems about right. The only question is if the Rams might walk away with a receiver first. They met with Odunze and they were at LSU's pro day. I can't think of any players in our range there except Brian Thomas Jr. I could see a world where they go receiver and address the other needs with the ten other picks.
LSU has multiple DL that could be considered in rds 3-5

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Pretty spot on I'd say. Edge, CB, linebacker I think can be agreed on by most. I'd really like to have a kicker too.
I'd add DL to that above LB and CB personally.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yep gotta think Maason Smith and Jordan Jefferson are on the radar as midround dev types.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Didn't realize. Who are they?
Mehki Wingo - I have seen scouts rave about him. They mentioned him on that "draft gems" video I posted yesterday.

Mason Smith

Jordan Jefferson
1000003368.jpg

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Three out of the top 10 from LSU, go SEC!
Not sure why Murphy & Newton are not listed. Have to go check that site again.

Edit: Yeah they for some reason list guys as DT, DL, DE, Edge.

Here's an updated list from GBN for DTs...
1000003373.jpg

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Team Needs: EDGE, CB, LB

The Rams solidified several key spots in free agency, primarily their offensive line. Now, their attention turns to a defense that finished last in the NFL in coverage grade and just saw an all-time legend, Aaron Donald, retire. Kobie Turner is an excellent player inside who can at least partially fill Donald’s shoes, but the Rams edge group ranked 30th in overall grade last season.

On the backend, Los Angeles still needs more talent, even after adding solid veterans like Darious Williams, Kamren Curl and Tre'Davious White. The Rams could still look at the cornerback draft class early while filling in a thin linebacker room in the middle rounds of the draft.

Pretty accurate but I'd think AD's retirement jumps DT up into that group. And at CB, with the two signings I think that slides down a bit, unless you have already given up on Durant, Kendricks and Tomlinson. LB is a need. Are we forgetting about RB#2? I'd say that's fairly important. We have Kyren, Rivers and Evans and those last two are hardly "experienced or proven". Definitely need to bring in another RB. Despite having Kupp, Puka, D Rob and Tutu, I'd say we could use another WR too. Skow is okay in a pinch but he's mainly a ST performer.

Name
Steve Davis
I really hope that they focus on DL in the draft. Kobie was awesome for us last year, but we really have to keep the "AD effect" in mind. It really is/was a thing. He spent his career as a terror but ALSO made everyone around him look better.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Pretty accurate but I'd think AD's retirement jumps DT up into that group. And at CB, with the two signings I think that slides down a bit, unless you have already given up on Durant, Kendricks and Tomlinson. LB is a need. Are we forgetting about RB#2? I'd say that's fairly important. We have Kyren, Rivers and Evans and those last two are hardly "experienced or proven". Definitely need to bring in another RB. Despite having Kupp, Puka, D Rob and Tutu, I'd say we could use another WR too. Skow is okay in a pinch but he's mainly a ST performer.
To your point on RB2, I keep mocking an RB in rd 3 and have consistently come up with defensive picks I like in the first three and ensuing picks also. Think it's not necessarily a difficult thing to do...

dang

Legend

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Assuming no trades.
My $$ is on a WR with R2.52 and RB with a R5 pick. Add an OL and K into the draft mix but defense with the remaining 7 picks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

With the way we've played defense and what we have on the roster, Edge and DT have to be considered the highest needs. We need a starter at each of those.

LB we all want every year but the truth is, that second LB just isn't as important as other positions in our defense.

After getting Williams and White at CB, I think S moves to a higher need, but would be after Edge and DT.

So in totality it would look like this:

Starters potentially needed: Edge, DT, S, K
Depth needed for this season: C (preferably with position flex ability to play G), RB, LB
Future considerations (beyond this year): WR, T, CB

Take away from this is that Edge and DT will DEFINITELY be taken on day one or two. A kicker will almost certainly be drafted.

Our first round pick could be any of Edge, DT, WR, T or CB, depending.

C and RB will almost certainly be drafted, probably on day 3.

S and LB - which are typically devalued by the Rams under McVay - may or may not be drafted.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
A couple of varieties, too. One is the classic 3-tech kind of guy ... short, smaller, quick .... others are more of the 5/4i techs ... and none, that I have seen are rated super high.

Rams need bodies at that position. One starter at DE and another backup --- they could get one as FA is there are guys out there, but the Dl room is thin.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I really hope that they focus on DL in the draft. Kobie was awesome for us last year, but we really have to keep the "AD effect" in mind. It really is/was a thing. He spent his career as a terror but ALSO made everyone around him look better.
Interior pressure is the most difficult pressure for a QB to deal with also. Having elite interior pressure > edge pressure.