Peter King on Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram said:
There's no way SJack can just get released b/c of Richardson. Essentially be wasting the pick. Basically it would be the same team w/ a rookie RB w/ dreads.
Agreed. It just sets us back.

Now if you could get a Hershall Walker deal to go with our other Hershall Walker deal, I'd be down with it. Not that I want to see him go, but he is 29 with a lot of tread off those tires. Plus I like draft picks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think Jackson would get a high return for picks anyway, just because he's old.

But trading or releasing him, would be a huge slap in the face, and I don't care if this new group has no ties to him, you don't do that to a man. He could have left like everyone else, gone on to another team, probably would have a ring, some more probowls, be an essential lock for the HOF. Instead he stayed here, to help the team, and show loyalty to the team that gave him a chance. It wouldn't be right to trade him, let him end his career here like he wants.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I don't think Jackson would get a high return for picks anyway, just because he's old.

But trading or releasing him, would be a huge slap in the face, and I don't care if this new group has no ties to him, you don't do that to a man. He could have left like everyone else, gone on to another team, probably would have a ring, some more probowls, be an essential lock for the HOF. Instead he stayed here, to help the team, and show loyalty to the team that gave him a chance. It wouldn't be right to trade him, let him end his career here like he wants.
I don't know. The Redskins still have some draft picks starting in 2015.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:

Agreed, my guess a 5th rounder. 4th if lucky.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll add my voice to the consensus, although it echoes what every person here just said.

Don't trade or release Steven Jackson. Let him play out his contract, at the very least. You owe it to a guy who has been as loyal as he has been.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
I'll add my voice to the consensus, although it echoes what every person here just said.

Don't trade or release Steven Jackson. Let him play out his contract, at the very least. You owe it to a guy who has been as loyal as he has been.
There are a few fans who just look at the $$$ and the statistics. Those people are monopoly fans. I'd hate to see the Rams do to Jackson like they did to Isaac and Torry. Now that said, Jackson has to be a willing participant in this scenario as well. He can't command multi-million dollar contract money at age 30-31 either. That's the only snag. There ARE teams that are willing to pony up for one year on a guy like Jackson, and sometimes that's hard for a player to pass up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Memento said:

There are a few fans who just look at the $$$ and the statistics. Those people are monopoly fans. I'd hate to see the Rams do to Jackson like they did to Isaac and Torry. Now that said, Jackson has to be a willing participant in this scenario as well. He can't command multi-million dollar contract money at age 30-31 either. That's the only snag. There ARE teams that are willing to pony up for one year on a guy like Jackson, and sometimes that's hard for a player to pass up.

True but I haven't really seen SJ pining to go elsewhere. He didn't like the idea of the Rams taking a RB high in the draft a couple years ago and we all knew it - he was quite clear that he thought it was a wasted pick while he was in his prime. He knows what he is doing and I think he is showing it. The dude is essentially saying that while two years ago the timing would be bad, now the timing makes sense FOR THE TEAM. You have to respect that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Memento said:

True but I haven't really seen SJ pining to go elsewhere. He didn't like the idea of the Rams taking a RB high in the draft a couple years ago and we all knew it - he was quite clear that he thought it was a wasted pick while he was in his prime. He knows what he is doing and I think he is showing it. The dude is essentially saying that while two years ago the timing would be bad, now the timing makes sense FOR THE TEAM. You have to respect that.
Agree. But don't ever call him "The Dude" again. I'll like, smite you, man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Memento said:

Sorry man - I like call everyone dude. Yuh know what I mean man? It's kind of a west coast 70s thing. At least I didn't call him "The Duder" or "The Duderinsky".

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Memento said:

Smite%20Sandal%20Tag.jpg

Old school smiting.