Peter King: MMQB - 12/27/17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wasting your time. No matter what you say, it's been said to me before. You cannot get under my skin. I have been a Vikings fan since 1966, what could you possibly say that I haven't heard already? Keep in mind I grew up 29.4 miles from Lambeau field in the heart of Packer country as a Vikings fan.

Lighten up there Sally. Was just giving you some good natured flak there. You know, with you posting on a Rams board and all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Suffice to say, the Eagles are in big trouble. This is relatively impossible to fathom, but Philadelphia gained 37 yards in the second half and outscored the Raiders by nine points. This is because Oakland, in eight possessions in the last 20 minutes of the game, went interception-fumble-punt-missed field goal-fumble-punt-interception-fumble. I didn’t think it was likely for Jack Del Rio to get fired this winter … until about 11 p.m. Eastern Monday.
Just wow! I bet on this game in ROD...and as I watched, I was pissed I didn't lay it all down on them....I left before the last TD....which would have AT LEAST covered the spread....
Raiders defense has gotten better...new DC is at least competent.
I’d rather be the fourth seed in the NFC than third. A divisional weekend game at likely second seed Minnesota shapes up to be a tougher game than at top seed Philadelphia, based on what we’ve seen in two weeks of Nick Foles in relief of the injured Carson Wentz. It’ll be interesting to see how the Rams play that game.
Not scared of either team...esp. due to the QB's on both....our rejects. Both teams present challenges. But I don't wanna play in the Philly weather....rather play Case in the dome. Hope McVay goes for the win this Sunday. No resting of players...
I urge you this week to watch for my MMQB story with Frank Gore, who enters the last game of his 13th NFL season Sunday against Houston 139 yards shy of his 10th season of 1,000 or more rushing yards. This is not just about the football life of Gore.
Truly amazing player....2 ACL's early in his career...and he's still gettin er done. I've seen 2 guys from the "U" do this...Gore, and Willis McGhee....well, McGhee only had one...but it looked horrendous.
3. I think I am so pleased that Lisa Olson of The Athletic wrote about the #MeToo experiences of some female sports journalists in an excellent column. I am also pleased Olson is still writing about sports, and bringing up the seamy side as well as the sunny. I covered the incident 27 years ago when Olson was harassed in the Patriots’ locker room by three players.

It is branded on my brain how the owner of the team at the time, Victor Kiam, said the Boston Herald, which assigned Olson to cover the Patriots at the time, was “asking for trouble” by assigning a woman to cover the team—and Kiam said he didn’t disagree with the abuse the players heaped on Olson. Lord, what a horrible environment the Patriots were then.

4. I think sports, and the sports media, have made progress in the treatment of women who cover and are a part of the games. Just not enough.
Putting young, attractive women reporters around young men...in their lockers...in their surroundings...is asking for trouble...I know, I know...sounds shallow....but still...too much temptation....now the older guys working at the network...no excuse....should be professional.

Raises my eye towards the idea, these guys are chemically enhanced...and can't control themselves. Even after their careers are over.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Putting young, attractive women reporters around young men...in their lockers...in their surroundings...is asking for trouble...I know, I know...sounds shallow....but still...too much temptation....now the older guys working at the network...no excuse....should be professional.

Raises my eye towards the idea, these guys are chemically enhanced...and can't control themselves. Even after their careers are over.

It doesn't just sound shallow, Champ. It is shallow. No excuse for players - past, present, future - to not be able to control their supposed "biological urges." That's an excuse that Harvey Weinstein would've used.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ahhh, good ole doughboy. i knew he would lobby hard for his perfect mating target.

gurley only needs 26 of these brain dead madia fuckwits to see the light.

i think out of all the talking heads doughboys irritates me the most, by far. as for reading his pile of shit articles, please.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
"Things I think I think, if I ever thought of thinking."

I think he should get a new schtick because that's always been lame.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It doesn't just sound shallow, Champ. It is shallow. No excuse for players - past, present, future - to not be able to control their supposed "biological urges." That's an excuse that Harvey Weinstein would've used.

I know....it's why I said it....

I have kids mento....daughters....I wouldn't want them working around men that play a child's game...