Per Jim Thomas - Jerome Simpson is in for a visit on Wed.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
Re: Per Jim Thomas - Jerome Simpson is in for a visit on Wed

Username said:
X said:
Yeah, that was mostly tongue-in-cheek. And this is going to move the thread right to OT, but that stuff shouldn't be illegal anyway. So, yeah.

I agree wholeheartedly, but 8 freaking pounds?

This guy better cost pennies.

lol I agree too, but I'm wondering if he and Claiborne are studying together. WTf would he have 8 punds on him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

superfan24 said:
Username said:
X said:
Yeah, that was mostly tongue-in-cheek. And this is going to move the thread right to OT, but that stuff shouldn't be illegal anyway. So, yeah.

I agree wholeheartedly, but 8 freaking pounds?

This guy better cost pennies.

lol I agree too, but I'm wondering if he and Claiborne are studying together. WTf would he have 8 punds on him.
Because it was Captain Crushalicious, and 8 pounds was the limit.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

libertadrocks said:
Great idea. Lets bring in the guy that got caught with 8 and a half pounds of pot. :shock:

At least he isnt a slot receiver tho. He has had some really good games in the past few years. Real playmaking ability. Struggled to break into the line up for awhile before that tho.
Sorry, but I can't let this go..... I don't believe in victimless crimes. Actually, one could call it an anachronism. Hence, his so-called crime is no crime in my book. If he'll improve the WR corp on the outside, and perhaps deep, then I say sign him!

superfan24

Starter

interference said:
libertadrocks said:
Great idea. Lets bring in the guy that got caught with 8 and a half pounds of pot. :shock:

At least he isnt a slot receiver tho. He has had some really good games in the past few years. Real playmaking ability. Struggled to break into the line up for awhile before that tho.
Sorry, but I can't let this go..... I don't believe in victimless crimes. Actually, one could call it an anachronism. Hence, his so-called crime is no crime in my book. If he'll improve the WR corp on the outside, and perhaps deep, then I say sign him!

To the politics forum we go.....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

interference said:
libertadrocks said:

I'd sign him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

LOL! We've gone from the "4 pillars" to "court date pending" in one year! :lull: :lull: :wahhh: :ohno: :hahaha:

We're probably gonna be good!!!!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

You guys are preaching to the choir, believe me. I just don't see any logical reason for a professional athlete to possess that much, unless there's a serious maturity problem.

Great athletic potential, and I'm all for bringing him in. I just hope we're not making any serious investments here.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

I don't really care about his legal troubles myself. I would worry about what it means for his football career though.
He'd definitely be a great addition to the receiving corps, he's got great ability to get down the field, soft hands (he's made some really great one handers) and yeah he can go up and get that ball. He's not a very physical guy, but doesn't shy away from contact with the ball in his hands.
If they signed him after the details of the case wrap up, I'd be totally cool with it.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

Username said:
You guys are preaching to the choir, believe me. I just don't see any logical reason for a professional athlete to possess that much, unless there's a serious maturity problem.

Great athletic potential, and I'm all for bringing him in. I just hope we're not making any serious investments here.

Maybe hes one of those people that makes those purchases to really stock up for awhile.

Or...

He was planning on selling some of it himself lol.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

interference said:
libertadrocks said:

Neither do I. Gov't responsibility is to protect individual liberties. The act of smoking or possessing marijuana doesnt infringe on anyone's rights.

However it doesnt mater what you or I think. The fact is our country deems it illegal. Because that's the case, one has to question his commitment to football and his overall intelligence. Considering the NFL's stance on personal conduct his actions are detrimental to his team. Was 8 and a half pounds really necessary? That show intent to distribute.

The question is, do you want a guy that puts his interests before the teams?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

libertadrocks said:
interference said:
libertadrocks said:

Neither do I. Gov't responsibility is to protect individual liberties. The act of smoking or possessing marijuana doesnt infringe on anyone's rights.

However it doesnt mater what you or I think. The fact is our country deems it illegal. Because that's the case, one has to question his commitment to football and his overall intelligence. Considering the NFL's stance on personal conduct his actions are detrimental to his team. Was 8 and a half pounds really necessary? That show intent to distribute.

The question is, do you want a guy that puts his interests before the teams?

Now it could of been some really good stuff. He may have decided to make a bulk purchase (cheaper that way) of a rare good product (can't always find quality) that usually minimizes the risk (one purchase, one contact instead of many, good product instead of many different quality level purchases). The guy might just be pretty smart, just unlucky. :sly:

Seriously though, he made a poor decision to even smoke marijuana at this stage of his life. I quit because my job and the support of my family it provides depends on me to not test positive. When I retire, you can bet your sweet bippie I'll smoke again if I do desire.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Sometimes you come upon a fantastic batch of herb... a strain that possesses all of the qualities you prefer. Hard to pass up stock piling such a find. Especially when you factor in the reduced price you pay for buying in bulk. Disposable income in large quantities can cloud one's judgement,,, especially a young mind.

I've seen some incredibly ridiculous personal wine collections,,, dollar amounts that would boggle the mind.

Connoisseurs may over indulge , but their parties never disappoint.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Selassie I said:
Sometimes you come upon a fantastic batch of herb... a strain that possesses all of the qualities you prefer. Hard to pass up stock piling such a find. Especially when you factor in the reduced price you pay for buying in bulk. Disposable income in large quantities can cloud one's judgement,,, especially a young mind.

I've seen some incredibly ridiculous personal wine collections,,, dollar amounts that would boggle the mind.

So you feel me dog? :bign:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

I can just chuckle thinking about the conversation between us and Simpson's agent when this was setup:

(phone rings)
Agent: Jeff, ive told this to 4 other teams, Jerome has court on Thursday. That is all thats going on right now! No new information!

Fisher: Court? For what?

Agent: Um...nothing...at the moment. What did you need?

Fisher: You think he could workout for us?

Agent: Oh shyte, wow, ill try and sneak in an appointment here soon because hes busy on Thursday. :bign:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
libertadrocks said:
interference said:
libertadrocks said:

The mere fact that he turned-up his nose in such a demonstrative way at this gov't intrusion & overstep makes him a real standup guy in my book :)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Ramhusker said:
Selassie I said:

So you feel me dog? :bign:

Sorry you have to wait until retirement my brotha... but when you get to that point , I'd be honored to let you partake in my private stock. :mrgreen:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Now I just feel like I've missed the party, I've never... Had the pleasure I guess you can say...