Panthers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No, he didn't. That's not how football works. Case Keenum did not play well enough to get the win today. The defense almost carried the rest of the team to a win today. Keenum doesn't get credit for that. Enough of this terrible logic. People used to say the same thing about every bad QB we've started the past few years. Losing a close game where your defense held the opponent under 20 points does not mean the QB played well enough to win. It means the opposite.(barring something completely crazy)
Case put the ball between the 8's on Kendricks chest that would have made a 4 point difference in the final score. That scenario is as likely a any other what if. You can choose your fantasy and a negative spin. I'll take mine.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kendricks I can see

But GZ? for pushing 55 & 57 yarders?

Tough crowd

Early in the game, I may have considered punting, could have changed things
Those kicks are supposed to be within his ability. There are kickers all over the NFL making those kicks check th e kick for the Lions to tie on the last play of regulation today.

Zeurlein had been very good all year not pushing the ball out to the right both misses today were back to last year's form, he choked.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case put the ball between the 8's on Kendricks chest that would have made a 4 point difference in the final score. That scenario is as likely a any other what if. You can choose your fantasy and a negative spin. I'll take mine.

And Kendricks dropped it. He screwed up. He made a mistake. Why is he expected to be perfect? What about Case missing a wide open Quick deep? Why is that not the mistake that cost us the game?

Who says the Panthers let us score again if Kendricks scores a TD there?

P.S. the only one choosing fantasy is you. We lost. Thus, Case did not play well enough to win.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really don't know how anyone can say Keenum played well enough to win. He consistently made bad throws and stupid mistakes.

Just because Rams lost by only 3 and Kendricks dropped a easy TD, GZ missed a couple fgs that chip shots, the game never should have been close or come down needing an onside kick and a miracle FG to tie the game after how well the D played

BTW....Let's not forget Panthers missed a FG also
You call 2 55 yard kicks chipshots.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Those kicks are supposed to be within his ability. There are kickers all over the NFL making those kicks check th e kick for the Lions to tie on the last play of regulation today.

Zeurlein had been very good all year not pushing the ball out to the right both misses today were back to last year's form, he choked.

As I said

Tough crowd

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What about the wide open TD Case missed to Quick
What about the illegal contact on that play that threw the timing off and made it just off the finger tips. It was not the only play that was a near miss. There were several drops today. And Fig Newton had one that the WR didn't even get his hands on. Keenum isn't as gifted physically as Newton but he threw the ball as good or better today.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As I said

Tough crowd
The distance isn't a problem for hi they were both plenty long enough. The problem is between his ears when the pressure is on. I expect him to perform, just like Kendricks and Gurley.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It's amazing how that works. Kendricks played a great game. Got some tough yards and converted some 1st downs.
He played a solid game and had a drop. That's 1 play. Keenum played like crap for 3 quarters
Actually he had 2 drops and one was a TD that hit him squarely in the chest. Not good enough

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And Kendricks dropped it. He screwed up. He made a mistake. Why is he expected to be perfect? What about Case missing a wide open Quick deep? Why is that not the mistake that cost us the game?

Who says the Panthers let us score again if Kendricks scores a TD there?

P.S. the only one choosing fantasy is you. We lost. Thus, Case did not play well enough to win.
That is one of the things he could have done better that I referenced in the first post you replied to. If you think the Panthers let them score I think you are begging for excuses

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The distance isn't a problem for hi they were both plenty long enough. The problem is between his ears when the pressure is on. I expect him to perform, just like Kendricks and Gurley.

NFL Kickers hit around 58% of FGs in the 53 to 57 yard range from 2011 to 2015. I don't know what makes you think that's an easy FG.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is one of the things he could have done better that I referenced in the first post you replied to. If you think the Panthers let them score I think you are begging for excuses

I think the Panthers play the Rams differently in a 13-7 game than they do in a 13-3 game.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
When the pressure is on?

Oh you mean like that last second 60 yarder outdoors in Minnesota last year to send the game into OT

What I have noticed from GZ (for what is worth) is he seems (on long attempts)a lot more accurate kicking from the far right hash (behind the RT) than he does from the left

Not sure why the staff doesnt see this, that early in the game (1st kick) I think I would have passed

We can just agree to disagree on this one I guess:cheers:

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
NFL Kickers hit around 58% of FGs in the 53 to 57 yard range from 2011 to 2015. I don't know what makes you think that's an easy FG.
I didn't say I thought they were easy, I said I expect him to be better and in fact I expect him to be far above average on a team who needs every point they can get. I wanted him to have some legit competition in the offseason and that never materialized.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think the Panthers play the Rams differently in a 13-7 game than they do in a 13-3 game.
I do not recall anyone wide open on that last drive and there was still pressure on Keenum

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't say I thought they were easy, I said I expect him to be better and in fact I expect him to be far above average on a team who needs every point they can get. I wanted him to have some legit competition in the offseason and that never materialized.

He's 11 of 13 on the year. His two misses are from 55 yards. He's hit a 53 and 54 yard FG. That's good play. In fact, that's the law of averages. Zuerlein was 2 of 2 from 53+ this year. He's 2 of 4 after today. That's about normal for a NFL kicker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not recall anyone wide open on that last drive and there was still pressure on Keenum

Nor do I. Still doesn't mean they let us charge down the field and score. A Kendricks TD changes the game entirely. Regardless, my point that Keenum didn't play well enough to win still remains. Kendricks made an error. So did Keenum. We lost because our offense didn't score in the first 3 quarters. That falls on Keenum (and the offense as a whole).

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course they do.
But then we wouldn't be able to glorify Keenum garbage time numbers.
How about the 4 yard dump off to benny on 4th and 9? He was tightly covered and made an amazing run to get the 1st down. But that goes for an 11 yard pass completion for Keenum
Ugh stats....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Nor do I. Still doesn't mean they let us charge down the field and score. A Kendricks TD changes the game entirely. Regardless, my point that Keenum didn't play well enough to win still remains. Kendricks made an error. So did Keenum. We lost because our offense didn't score in the first 3 quarters. That falls on Keenum (and the offense as a whole).
Well your point might remain, I never think I'm changing your mind, but it doesn't mean you are right and I am wrong. It just means you have a different opinion and there's nothing wrong with that, we both have a common goal in mind, Rams wins.

BTW I do agree that we lost because the offense as a whole did not play well enough.

Last edited: