Packers/Rodgers Headed for Divorce?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Where is this going?

REPORT: PACKERS HC MATT LAFLEUR FED UP WITH AARON RODGERS

The Green Bay Packers’ shocking decision to trade up for Utah State quarterback Jordan Love in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft was apparently meant to send a message to Aaron Rodgers.

Fresh off an appearance in the NFC Championship game, Green Bay was seemingly prepared to get a pro-ready prospect who could help Rogers immediately. That obviously never came to fruition.

Instead, the Packers looked to a future without Aaron Rodgers under center. It’s a future that could come sooner rather than later.

According to Bob McGinn of The Athletic, Packers head coach Matt LaFleur has grown tired of Rodgers’ act and passive-aggressive style.

“PUBLIC NICETIES ASIDE, MY SENSE IS LAFLEUR, FRESH FROM A TERRIFIC 13-3 BAPTISMAL SEASON, SIMPLY HAD ENOUGH OF RODGERS’ ACT AND WANTED TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE. WITH A FIRST-ROUND TALENT ON THE ROSTER, THE PACKERS WOULD GAIN LEVERAGE WITH THEIR IMPERIAL QUARTERBACK AND HIS PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE STYLE,” THE REPORT READ. “IF THE PACKERS DO INDEED WANT TO BECOME A RUNNING TEAM NEXT SEASON, THEY SURELY WOULDN’T WANT RODGERS ROCKING THE BOAT AND BECOMING EVEN MORE DIFFICULT TO COACH.”

This seems to be more of an indictment of Rodgersthan anything else. Remember, his relationship with former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was strained before they fired him late in the 2018 season.

Rodgers, 36, is coming off a 2019 campaign that saw him record north of 4,000 yards with 26 touchdowns and four interceptions. The future Hall of Fame quarterback still seems to be in his prime.

Despite this, the marriage between Rodgers and his original Packers team could very well be on the brink. The 2020 campaign will be a defining one for said relationship.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

rodgers hasn't seemed very clutch in the big games the last few years. i'm positive his 4th qtr comeback record against teams with winning records is horrible.

it's like he refuses to dump the ball off to the open rb in the flat or reciever on a short route for a 5 yard gain and always looking for the big play downfield. very frustrating to watch. there's nothing wrong with dinking and dunking if it can open up the big play later on.

the packers became a running team last season. the drafting of dillon confirms they will be running more. there's no need for rodgers on that team anymore.

Ants

Starter
I'd like to know why "passive-aggressive" is considered such a bad thing. I'm tired of it. Just accept the man for how he is.

Would it be better if he let fists fly?
Would it be better if he were lazy?
Would it be better if he didn't perform?
Would it be better if he constantly barked at coaches during live broadcasts?

SHUT UP with the passive-aggressive crap. It's a fine way of expressing one's self.
It's sad that society is at a place where we think criminals should be freed from prison, but if someone makes a back-handed comment he's considered a bad person.
GROW UP

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd like to know why "passive-aggressive" is considered such a bad thing. I'm tired of it. Just accept the man for how he is.

SHUT UP with the passive-aggressive crap. It's a fine way of expressing one's self.
It's sad that society is at a place where we think criminals should be freed from prison, but if someone makes a back-handed comment he's considered a bad person.
GROW UP

The alternative to passive aggressive doesn't have to be physically aggressive.

It's being assertive.

There is something wrong with being passive aggressive. It's fine for a 14 year old, but not a professional, definitely not one in a leadership role.

Be assertive. Be direct, be honest but have some tact about it.

Passive aggressiveness is horseshit to work with day after day. If the rest of his team can be respectful adults and keep that shit out of the workplace, so can the big star Quarterback.
Jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

GROW UP
That’s not the point. Rodgers is an employee, and if his attitude is counterproductive and is something he’s not willing to adjust or change, he can be fired. If he bucking the system that the coaching staff is implementing, he should be fired. This is not AaronRodgers team.

Rams77

Starter

GROW UP
The problem is he's thrown certain teammates and coaches under the bus in recent years and that kinda crap doesnt fly to well in NFL locker rooms of 53 guys. In the NBA its a bit easier(Jordan, Kobe) but being an asshole in the NFL even if your a Superstar legend tier player puts too much strain on player-player and player-coach relationships. Lafleur saw how Rodgers treated McCarthy and said fuck that Im not going to be the next Lame Duck coach. Im glad management sided with LaFleur here and drafted their 1B

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They drafted Love in round 1 right? That definitely smells like something is up. I'd imagine they do intend to use their investment.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The time might be now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Packers trade Rodgers to New England....I'm done!
Can you imagine Rodgers in a postgame film session with Belichick? As thin as his skin is, Belichick would fucking destroy him. :LOL:

Also I realize that LaFleur is riding the high of a big inaugural season. But boy can all that change quickly without the right QB. I guarantee he won't look like a genius if he ends up with a rookie QB who struggles to see coverages.

Psycho_X

Legend
If the Packers trade Rodgers to New England....I'm done!

Yeah I’m afraid of something like that happening. All though, I’m not sure the way Rodgers plays would mesh with Belichek’s way of doing things. I could actually see that being a wonderful train wreck so also kinda want to see it happen lol. It’d knock an NFC team out of playoff contention at least because I just don’t see it with Love. Maybe after a few years but was not high on him as a first day pick.

Reality is Green Bay is planning for after this season. Rodgers is still good but he’s going to be 37 and the way he plays age will catch up to him faster than someone like Brady who gets rid of the ball and doesnt take hits. This season is Rodgers swan song in GB.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Or maybe the Packers just drafted Jordan Love the same way franchises (like Green Bay) draft QB’s - to develop behind their starter to eventually take over the reigns when they retire or leave the team.

The irony in all this is the article suggests that drafting Love is a “passive aggressive” move to counter a “passive aggressive” player.

Totally looking forward to the Wentz article saying he’s so damaged they went Hurts. Last I checked every team seeks competition and has a back up QB if not 2.

Anyway, pointless off-season gossip if you ask me

Kevin

Pro Bowler
My Packer fan co worker says Rodgers will be gone in two years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder how much they could get for Rodgers.

Ideally they’d prefer to trade him to a non contender. He’d probably do the least harm if traded to the Jaguars. Then the draft pick compensation would be much higher. If they traded him to a playoff team that only equates to late picks. It wouldn’t feel like a fair trade imo.

Is there a team that really could use a veteran QB but isn’t likely to make the playoffs with him? It seems that the QB situation in the NFL has really improved in the last few years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He aint getting traded. But God help us if they trade him to the 49ers

Last edited: