Packers financials show that NFL made billions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Since you dug so deep Sherlock -give me the numbers.

Google. It's your friend. Duh.

Individual teams, when they have displays, pocket the money.

So if the DoD pays 300K or even a a single dollar for displays to a team in a particular city before a game (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL) , doesn't matter which one pick any one, the owner pockets that directly. It isn't split up between anyone. It goes right into their pocket.

And it's 2018 so touting a figure from 2015 doesn't tell the whole story financially does it.........

So, Watson, do you see now how elementary this is..........it isn't just "advertising", it's a staged patriotic display that is done for recruitment but more so to pump up the totally fucked up image of the NFL. They pimp out patriotism LOL. This is not a voluntary show of support at all. Yet it's presented as such. Purchased patriotism is not a good thing.

I'm patriotic, and I have a bit of an issue with this.

Not every team has done it, but several have. And remember it was sort of a secret that leagues were being paid for this, they didn't want it known. They were being sneaky about it while owners pocketed millions of dollars.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if the DoD pays 300K or even a a single dollar for displays to a team in a particular city before a game (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL) , doesn't matter which one pick any one, the owner pockets that directly. It isn't split up between anyone. It goes right into their pocket.

And the "fun" thing is that if it's not shared revenue, or certain very specifically defined types of revenue, it does not count towards the revenue that is split with the players. So instead of it raising the cap even slightly, players are expected to stand on the sidelines instead of preparing mentally for the games - all for free. Under the CBA it is literally not part of their jobs.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
And the "fun" thing is that if it's not shared revenue, or certain very specifically defined types of revenue, it does not count towards the revenue that is split with the players. So instead of it raising the cap even slightly, players are expected to stand on the sidelines instead of preparing mentally for the games - all for free. Under the CBA it is literally not part of their jobs.

Try and stay on topic. I realize that’s difficult with the SHW agenda, but otherwise, the response is meaning less.

Done.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Google. It's your friend. Duh.

Individual teams, when they have displays, pocket the money.

And it's 2018 so touting a figure from 2015 doesn't tell the whole story financially does it.........

So, Watson, do you see now how elementary this is..........it isn't just "advertising", it's a staged patriotic display that is done for recruitment but more so to pump up the totally freaked up image of the NFL. They pimp out patriotism LOL. This is not a voluntary show of support at all. Yet it's presented as such. Purchased patriotism is not a good thing.

I'm patriotic, and I have a bit of an issue with this.

Not every team has done it, but several have. And remember it was sort of a secret that leagues were being paid for this, they didn't want it known. They were being sneaky about it while owners pocketed millions of dollars.

Still waiting for numbers Holmes.

And done.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Try and stay on topic. I realize that’s difficult with the SHW agenda, but otherwise, the response is meaning less.

Done.

Jawohl.

Believe it or not, tangents are allowed in this forum.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jawohl.

Believe it or not, tangents are allowed in this forum.

Of course tangents are allowed. How else would one have the opportunity to promote their own agenda.

BTW mein Freund, jawhol is a normal Duetsches word, and not relegated to a specific period in German history.

Nice try though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Can we not go to politics with this thread? Please?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course tangents are allowed. How else would one have the opportunity to promote their own agenda.

BTW mein Freund, jawhol is a normal Duetsches word, and not relegated to a specific period in German history.

Nice try though.

Yes, I studied in Vienna. I was trying to be nicer than you had been. Probably a mistake. My original wording had expanded on it.

Why the heck are multiple posters lately bitching about non-egregious tangents to threads, anyway? It's not "promoting their own agenda" it is normal internet posting. It's like a few posters think they own discussions, or something.

Oh, and FWIW, my post had nothing to do with politics, but with cap and CBA issues - actually on target for NFL discussions.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Honestly now people, who gives a shit how the NFL makes money. Does it directly affect you? I mean, other than the penny of your tax money that funded the DOD payment for said advertisement? I would watch the Rams game whether or not there was a military commercial, or sideways military mention involved. I wager all of my current and future ROD credits that all of you who are bitching about it would as well. I mean, get real.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I mean, I understand being patriotic. I deployed twice to Helmand Province, Afghanistan. But i also undertand that Corporate Greed is the the American Way. We cant change it. Why let something we can't change affect our outlook on anything? To that effect, why complain about something that isn't going to affect your viewership? Life goes on bro.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yes, I studied in Vienna. I was trying to be nicer than you had been. Probably a mistake. My original wording had expanded on it.

Why the heck are multiple posters lately bitching about non-egregious tangents to threads, anyway? It's not "promoting their own agenda" it is normal internet posting. It's like a few posters think they own discussions, or something.

Oh, and FWIW, my post had nothing to do with politics, but with cap and CBA issues - actually on target for NFL discussions.

Apologies for any snarkiness.

OK - I’ll play. And go back to my original point, with a different take. 5.4 million divided by 1800 player salaries times 4 years is 9600 yearly paychecks.

Rough math - $500 a player - that’s an issue? I understand it’s “ it’s the principle”, but come on.

That said, if it’s of interest to you, carry on.