Our Weakest Roster Spot?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Most guys that have been cut are an improvement over mannion .

Not to pick this one post, but, I’m seeing a variation of this all over this board.

Funny thing is, McVay and Snead have made zero moves to replace Mannion and Allen.

Landry Jones
Paxton Lynch
Cook
Hackenberg

All are available and Rams aren’t interested.

Tells me that McVay knows something about his backups.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They ran Steve Young out of Tampa too, not comparing the two, however, Lynch is a big QB with a great arm and has the ability to escape the pocket and is still only 24...Cowboys could be a match too being that he's from San Antonio....IMO, a big QB, athletic with a college completion percentage of 63% is someone I would take a chance on over the likes of Allen or Mannion.

I can understand not picking him up on waivers, though. If he had been claimed, the claiming team would have been responsible for his 1.9 million guaranteed this year. Instead, Denver has to eat it - presumably minus the league minimum if a team picks him up now, assuming there was an offset in his contract.

Ram65

Legend
They ran Steve Young out of Tampa too, not comparing the two, however, Lynch is a big QB with a great arm and has the ability to escape the pocket and is still only 24...Cowboys could be a match too being that he's from San Antonio....IMO, a big QB, athletic with a college completion percentage of 63% is someone I would take a chance on over the likes of Allen or Mannion.

I don't know who it was that said his problems are between the ears but, I just heard that a couple days ago. He stated what you said about the great arm and athletic ability. Could be McVay can help him learn the position.

Last edited:
Name
Coleman
I remember when folks said Jim Plunkett, the former Number 1 overall pick back in 1969 (or whenever?) was all washed-up in New England and finished in the NFL. Al Davis brought him to Oakland and the guy from Stanford delivered a SB ring to da Raidahs. Maybe Paxton Lynch just needs a good QB whisperer like McVay to uncloud his fieldview and decision-making??

Stranger things have happened with QBs in this league, n'est-ce pas???
Two Words: Kurt HyVeeStockBoy Warner!!!:cool:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The perfect type guy to have as a back up would be someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick. A vet that can provide input in the meeting room, but can still play a bit and especially on a team where he can just manage a game. He could win 2 out of 3 games if your starter misses a few weeks. I realize he is in Tampa, but a guy like him or a Josh McNown type are the kind of QB's they should look into next year along with a developmental guy like Perez or whoever they can dig up

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The perfect type guy to have as a back up would be someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick. A vet that can provide input in the meeting room, but can still play a bit and especially on a team where he can just manage a game. He could win 2 out of 3 games if your starter misses a few weeks. I realize he is in Tampa, but a guy like him or a Josh McNown type are the kind of QB's they should look into next year along with a developmental guy like Perez or whoever they can dig up

They haven't had time to get the pipeline going yet, but to me, the ideal would be drafting or picking up a kid every two years or so. If things work out well, the older one would be the #2 for several years, and the younger is a developmental guy. That way your backups are always cheap against the cap. Occasionally one works out so that you can trade him, but hopefully at least you can get a comp pick for your backup when he hits free agency. And your backups will generally be inexpensive, with an occasional vet when somebody doesn't work out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to pick this one post, but, I’m seeing a variation of this all over this board.

Funny thing is, McVay and Snead have made zero moves to replace Mannion and Allen.

Landry Jones
Paxton Lynch
Cook
Hackenberg

All are available and Rams aren’t interested.

Tells me that McVay knows something about his backups.
Well, not saying they would be interested, but Landry Jones salary is a little cost inhibitive for the Rams with all the signings and current cap situation
Otherwise though, your point is valid. No matter how much we think Mannion isn't good, clearly the braintrust doesn't deem its necessary to improve on it. (And that includes Allen)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Our weakest spot? Probably this spot.
park_k_rams-v-bills_09.jpg

As far as the roster goes i'd have to say TE. It's disappointing that Everett got hurt early in camp.