OU and Texas to SEC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As a Missouri fan, I'll be thrilled to see some old Big 12 teams again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you would have told me 20 years ago that the Oklahoma-Nebraska game would be a battle between the Big 10 and the SEC, I'd ask you how many quarters there are in a Hockey game

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a friend who is a huge OU fan. She always says it’s about the TV rights and poor game times. She blames the Fox tv deal with the Big 12 as killing the conference due to the time games start. I call BS. The PAC 12 is the conference losing viewers, except for the awest coast and diehard fans IMO.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It sounds like the move could easily snowball into the Big 10 going after Iowa State.

I would love for SMU and Houston to move into an almost intact Big 12, but it seems much more likely that the leftovers from the Big 12 and the AAC form some sort of mega-conference in hopes of landing consistent playoff berths.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I have a friend who is a huge OU fan. She always says it’s about the TV rights and poor game times. She blames the Fox tv deal with the Big 12 as killing the conference due to the time games start. I call BS. The PAC 12 is the conference losing viewers, except for the awest coast and diehard fans IMO.
Sounds like game time is a big part of it , at least with Oklahoma , they want to get into that East Coast time zone

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It sounds like the move could easily snowball into the Big 10 going after Iowa State.

I would love for SMU and Houston to move into an almost intact Big 12, but it seems much more likely that the leftovers from the Big 12 and the AAC form some sort of mega-conference in hopes of landing consistent playoff berths.
Iowa State , Kansas and Oklahoma State have all been in contact with Big 10

if the Big 10 does decide to expand , it would probably be Iowa State and Kansas , and they might also look to add Pitt and Notre Dame

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is the part I hate about college conferences. TheTV rights lead the direction of each conference/school. The rich get richer.
SMU and Houston would totally benefit from moving into the Big 12.
Iowa State seems like a great candidate for the Big 10. The in state game against Iowa would have so much more meaning.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the part I hate about college conferences. TheTV rights lead the direction of each conference/school. The rich get richer.
SMU and Houston would totally benefit from moving into the Big 12.
Iowa State seems like a great candidate for the Big 10. The in state game against Iowa would have so much more meaning.

Personally I like the idea of UH and Tulsa to elevate to Big 12. OK State and TU have a natural rivalry (literally they are like 50 mile apart), and UH is getting better. Then you can still have Iowa Sate and TCU to round out the top 5.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping the money they get just for going is worth it.

Nebraska was also a historic powerhouse and upon coming to the big 10, they're basically Illinois.

OU has had some more success in recent years, but both they and Texas are likely going to go the same way as Nebraska. Especially Texas. If they can't win in the big 12...

I hate conferences expanding like this. Due to random scheduling, some big 10 teams and SEC teams have a much easier schedule than other teams in their division. At this point just make one giant super conference.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Nebraska was also a historic powerhouse and upon coming to the big 10, they're basically Illinois.

OU has had some more success in recent years, but both they and Texas are likely going to go the same way as Nebraska. Especially Texas. If they can't win in the big 12...

I hate conferences expanding like this. Due to random scheduling, some big 10 teams and SEC teams have a much easier schedule than other teams in their division. At this point just make one giant super conference.

At least Mizzou had a reason to leave the Big 12; Oklahoma and Texas were hogging all of the money and treated the rest of the conference like shit.

OU and UT leaving the Big 12, though? Stupid as hell.

Ellard80

Legend

yeah its just all money... texas a and m has vanished into nothing since going to SEC...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Big 12 could be in even more trouble....

The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are apparently positioning themselves as a force against the SEC.

The three conferences are “engaging in high-level discussions” about creating a formal alliance

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-big...iance-sec-texas-oklahoma-big12-014814192.html

Should the alliance between the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 form, it sounds like the Big 12 won’t be invited in. That could put Bowlsby and his eight remaining schools in a very difficult position