OTA phase 1 starts April 19th

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I cant wait til they release some info about training camp. I've got timeshare credits I need to use and would love to use them to visit training camp this year. If not training camp then I guess a week at Lake Tahoe will have to be good enough.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tahoe is so nice man. I almost retired there, well, down the hill in Carson City, but couldn't get the orders. At that time there were some real nice home values.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I see no reason that there should be any restrictions at all. The vaccine is out there for people who want it. The recovery rate is even higher. And there is no study showing any reinfection either from covid or after getting the vaccine.

Time to move on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see no reason that there should be any restrictions at all. The vaccine is out there for people who want it. The recovery rate is even higher. And there is no study showing any reinfection either from covid or after getting the vaccine.

Time to move on.
The NFLPA is insisting on it as a bargaining chip which is their right even though there's no contract to negotiate.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The NFLPA is insisting on it as a bargaining chip which is their right even though there's no contract to negotiate.
Of course, for the player’s health.

One of the healthiest group of people in the world.

I would like to see numbers of injuries in the first month of play over the last 5 years versus the 1980’s. I have nothing to back it but, it seems that since the NFL has gone softer in camp, injuries are up.

oldnotdead

Legend
I love it. The annual cycle is about to begin. I can't wait. I can also see the NFL opening games to people who can show their vaccination cards at the gate. Personally I think these cards should have a bar code that can be scanned for airlines and public events. The part of the vaccination that has been overlooked by the media is that vaccinated people don't transmit COVID. I think vaccination cards will be with us for a long time. I was told that if boosters are required for the variant COVID strains I would be notified.

With all the restrictions already in place on types and numbers of practices, there's not much left they can really do that would substantially reduce risks. This is just a $$ grab by the union.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I love it. The annual cycle is about to begin. I can't wait. I can also see the NFL opening games to people who can show their vaccination cards at the gate. Personally I think these cards should have a bar code that can be scanned for airlines and public events. The part of the vaccination that has been overlooked by the media is that vaccinated people don't transmit COVID. I think vaccination cards will be with us for a long time. I was told that if boosters are required for the variant COVID strains I would be notified.

With all the restrictions already in place on types and numbers of practices, there's not much left they can really do that would substantially reduce risks. This is just a $$ grab by the union.
Mark of the beast?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So if all players can have access to the facilities starting in April 19th does that mean injured players don’t go into work with Rams training staff after the Super Bowl?

Do players communicate with coaches about football? During the time off? For instance did McVay say to the offensive guys that they plan to make some changes. Here’s the playbook. Get back to me with questions. Would Stafford have gotten a playbook? Can he talk to McVay about it? If not is it against the rules to meet up on their own time or call each other?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if all players can have access to the facilities starting in April 19th does that mean injured players don’t go into work with Rams training staff after the Super Bowl?

Do players communicate with coaches about football? During the time off? For instance did McVay say to the offensive guys that they plan to make some changes. Here’s the playbook. Get back to me with questions. Would Stafford have gotten a playbook? Can he talk to McVay about it? If not is it against the rules to meet up on their own time or call each other?
This stretch starts just workouts no coaching or playbook stuff yet IIRC. That happens after the rookies have had their rookie caps but I'm not certain of the dates.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This stretch starts just workouts no coaching or playbook stuff yet IIRC. That happens after the rookies have had their rookie caps but I'm not certain of the dates.

I would think a raw guy like Meinerz with lots of technique to figure out and learning the playbook would likely not be caught up to start with the limited training weeks leasing up to camp which is roughly a month long. He'd have to be a very quick study.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

What a terrible thought comrade

And what about the people that had covid? They say you shouldn't get the vaccine if you've had it recently. So that means I should have to show proof that I had it too?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would think a raw guy like Meinerz with lots of technique to figure out and learning the playbook would likely not be caught up to start with the limited training weeks leasing up to camp which is roughly a month long. He'd have to be a very quick study.

Unless Corbett becomes the 2021 starter at Center, taking Meinerz early loses some credibility in my eyes. Meinerz could potentially start day 1 of the new season at LG, Corbett would move to Center and Edwards likely returns to RG where he played well for much of 2019.
If Corbett doesn't become the Center, then i'm more inclined to believe the Rams will draft a true and better experienced Center prospect with the hopes of getting him prepared to start within a few weeks of the opening bell. The Rams won't spend a 2'nd round draft pick on a guy who has to sit on the bench long, questionable if they can really afford for their first 3'rd round pick to do this either.
The real game changer for our draft breaks on whether one of Corbett, Anchrum, Allen or Shelton having developed to a starting capable level at the Center position. While I lack confidence in Allen & Shelton, a year can make a lot of difference, although if McSnead had the presence of mind to foresee what was coming and made their decision to escape from Blythe and rely on possibly beginning the 2021 season with in-house competition at Center, then the lines are drawn and we might wait until later in the draft to apply another pick on a Center, if at all.
So after months of us all asking similar questions and the first phase of free agency having passed without making a move at Center, our questions remain unanswered, at least until the draft concludes, ... and quite possibly, after. jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unless Corbett becomes the 2021 starter at Center, taking Meinerz early loses some credibility in my eyes. Meinerz could potentially start day 1 of the new season at LG, Corbett would move to Center and Edwards likely returns to RG where he played well for much of 2019.
If Corbett doesn't become the Center, then i'm more inclined to believe the Rams will draft a true and better experienced Center prospect with the hopes of getting him prepared to start within a few weeks of the opening bell. The Rams won't spend a 2'nd round draft pick on a guy who has to sit on the bench long, questionable if they can really afford for their first 3'rd round pick to do this either.
The real game changer for our draft breaks on whether one of Corbett, Anchrum, Allen or Shelton having developed to a starting capable level at the Center position. While I lack confidence in Allen & Shelton, a year can make a lot of difference, although if McSnead had the presence of mind to foresee what was coming and made their decision to escape from Blythe and rely on possibly beginning the 2021 season with in-house competition at Center, then the lines are drawn and we might wait until later in the draft to apply another pick on a Center, if at all.
So after months of us all asking similar questions and the first phase of free agency having passed without making a move at Center, our questions remain unanswered, at least until the draft concludes, ... and quite possibly, after. jmo.

Looking to the future they have Corbett as a free agent next winter. Drafting a guy like Meinerz or Green could be with an eye to replacing Corbett. If that were the case then having a guy sit a year but still drafted early makes sense.

I go back to what Snead said about his Centers. Other than Trumping up Blythe a little (maybe due to courtesy or to help him get a good offer) he didn’t really sound very positive about Shelton or Allen. Soto Me that leaves Corbett, Anchrum, or a draft pick. Many speculate Dalman. I wouldn’t mind Morrisey or Menet. Any center they get that isn’t top three likely won’t be ready to start. But if they think highly enough of a guy to use a second or third rounder on him then he likely starts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Looking to the future they have Corbett as a free agent next winter. Drafting a guy like Meinerz or Green could be with an eye to replacing Corbett. If that were the case then having a guy sit a year but still drafted early makes sense.

I go back to what Snead said about his Centers. Other than Trumping up Blythe a little (maybe due to courtesy or to help him get a good offer) he didn’t really sound very positive about Shelton or Allen. Soto Me that leaves Corbett, Anchrum, or a draft pick. Many speculate Dalman. I wouldn’t mind Morrisey or Menet. Any center they get that isn’t top three likely won’t be ready to start. But if they think highly enough of a guy to use a second or third rounder on him then he likely starts.

I'd be surprised if either Noteboom or Corbett priced themselves out of being re-signed by the Rams, although the 2021 season could certainly bolster those chances if they prove to have an outstanding year. jmo.