OT: Need your input

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
On another thread, I ranted that I wished there were a rating service for reporters, analysts, and draft info producers that ranked them by their ability to correctly disburse information...a job for which they are paid.

Coaches, players, and even refs are graded by their performance and yet as informed fans...we all suffer misinformation from those who are paid to report on our favorite pastimes. NOBODY keeps these buffoons accountable and all we can do is bitch and moan about it to each other.

I propose we create a website and eventually expand it to other forms of media. We would develop our own rating system, compile data, analyze it, and present it in an entertaining fashion. We could have a top 5 most informative prognosticators each week and a bottom 5 boneheaded babblers who should find other jobs. Imagine a world where blowhards are held accountable and criticized in the same manner they destroy athlete’s reputations without recourse. Can you imagine how much vindication die hard fans would enjoy watching it all go down? Can you see how frequently broadcasts would go viral by putting these idiots in their places? Would it really be difficult to find advertisers?

Oh, and if we can find a cutting edge comedian to mock just how idiotic some of this stuff can be that we endure ad nauseum.

Imagine how reporting would change if there were a system of accountability.

Let’s have your input

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
On another thread, I ranted that I wished there were a rating service for reporters, analysts, and draft info producers that ranked them by their ability to correctly disburse information...a job for which they are paid.

Coaches, players, and even refs are graded by their performance and yet as informed fans...we all suffer misinformation from those who are paid to report on our favorite pastimes. NOBODY keeps these buffoons accountable and all we can do is bitch and moan about it to each other.

I propose we create a website and eventually expand it to other forms of media. We would develop our own rating system, compile data, analyze it, and present it in an entertaining fashion. We could have a top 5 most informative prognosticators each week and a bottom 5 boneheaded babblers who should find other jobs. Imagine a world where blowhards are held accountable and criticized in the same manner they destroy athlete’s reputations without recourse. Can you imagine how much vindication die hard fans would enjoy watching it all go down? Can you see how frequently broadcasts would go viral by putting these idiots in their places? Would it really be difficult to find advertisers?

Oh, and if we can find a cutting edge comedian to mock just how idiotic some of this stuff can be that we endure ad nauseum.

Imagine how reporting would change if there were a system of accountability.

Let’s have your input
To me these types of reporters are like the meteorologists. Except there is way more variability with the weather. I think it’s a very novel idea, but what is the punishment for a low ranking on said website?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To me these types of reporters are like the meteorologists. Except there is way more variability with the weather. I think it’s a very novel idea, but what is the punishment for a low ranking on said website?

I wouldn’t call it punishment as that could leave me legally liable somehow. I would insist that the manner in which a reporter criticizes a player is the manner others should receive said reporter’s blunders. For instance, if someone simply gives their predictions on games, they would be judged by their stats. But those who (like Russillo in another thread) publicly make fun of a player and an organization will get to see a similar broadcast that demonstrates how wrong he was in the exact same type of mockery.

Sport reporting has become big business that generates tremendous income NOT BASED ON ACCURACY, rather they are financially rewarded by viewership and how many “clicks” they produce.

My proposal is for fans (and players) to have a voice that keeps the shock jocks in check. If we do it right...there is plenty of fodder out there to produce belly busting laughter.

BTW, I can’t wait to rate Meshawn. Oooohhhh

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll start by giving out the grade of "FAILURE" here in LA to 710am morning host Marcellus Wiley and Rodney Harrison.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I like the idea ... Reporters are never held accountable and always change the narrative when it suits them best.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Maybe it's just me but I feel like people here care way too much what the media thinks and thinks analysts are some type of robots that should never be wrong. It's not like analysts have some special ability to slow down time and watch every game every week. A lot of their analysis comes from box score and a few plays they get to see

Idk about anyone else but I know year in and year out I predict teams to do better or worse than they end up doing. Yes analysts have some more time to study teams but in the end it's still a prediction and I'm not gonna fault a guy for being wrong

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Nice idea but I can't see it gathering much speed...

I agree and disagree, I can see people simply giving these guys bad rating because they disagree with their opinions. However, people do this with food just the same. I dunno I can see it being successful if done right.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe it's just me but I feel like people here care way too much what the media thinks and thinks analysts are some type of robots that should never be wrong. It's not like analysts have some special ability to slow down time and watch every game every week. A lot of their analysis comes from box score and a few plays they get to see

Idk about anyone else but I know year in and year out I predict teams to do better or worse than they end up doing. Yes analysts have some more time to study teams but in the end it's still a prediction and I'm not gonna fault a guy for being wrong

I couldn't posibly care less what sportswriters, NFL "experts" or pretty much anybody but McVay and the coaches think of this team...I make up my own mind about what I see...Not being as knowledgeable as some guys here, I gleen some insight from this site...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan

I agree that fans care too much what is reported. I think that’s precisely why I can gain viewership.

And the purpose isn’t so much to show who’s wrong (though that will garner the most attention) but to recognize and reward those WHO DO THEIR HOMEWORK, you know...since that’s why we are supposed to pay attention to what they say.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IDK how you can make it happen, but if you do there should be a category that shows how many outlets use said number.

I.E., only BSPN uses QBR; only NBC uses PFF, etc.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think the most irritating thing about them is how they say nobody saw this coming. Not one "expert" had an inkling that the rams would be good this season. I hear it every week. That's just a sad indictment of how little journalists really know about football. They are incapable of processing off-season moves and how that affects a team. They are basically monkey see monkey do types. No foresight at all.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I agree and disagree, I can see people simply giving these guys bad rating because they disagree with their opinions. However, people do this with food just the same. I dunno I can see it being successful if done right.

Good point.

But all stats would be based on what the journalist says that is statistically disproven. The grading system would not allow for opinion...only facts

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

I think the most irritating thing about them is how they say nobody saw this coming. Not one "expert" had an inkling that the rams would be good this season. I hear it every week. That's just a sad indictment of how little journalists really know about football. They are incapable of processing off-season moves and how that affects a team. They are basically monkey see monkey do types. No foresight at all.

Come on, adding an elite LT, adding 3 wr's better than Austin. Adding a vet center to make our OL tops in league. Then add vets on DEF that knows Wade's system.. The entire coaching staff looks very talanted...Then Les drafting like a boss... Ya fuck us right LOL