OT: I've given up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
StevenG-BR joining the team:
I just started posting over here today. I went by KingKhan and KingKroenke, but now I'm going by my real name.
Welcome to the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :nana: :wewt: :clap: :cheers:

Stop by the members map and pin your location.

We're on Facebook too. :bg:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well I'm probably going to get banned at the PD now. Been a member there since 09... same account.

I just went on bernie's forum and started a thread asking a few pointed questions and provided him some constructive criticism. That will surely be crossing the line in the eyes of the decision makers over there.

:lmao:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Well I'm probably going to get banned at the PD now. Been a member there since 09... same account.

I just went on bernie's forum and started a thread asking a few pointed questions and provided him some constructive criticism. That will surely be crossing the line in the eyes of the decision makers over there.

He responded.

I think he actually took it in stride more than I thought he would after reading your post.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:

He responded.

I think he actually took it in stride more than I thought he would after reading your post.

Just saw that. lol

You're right, he did take it in stride. I can give him credit for that. He still took a little jab at me by thanking me for watching his BWBs. I can't blame him for that though.

Bernie is just too wishy washy for me. He's a switcher. He even tries to say that he now personally likes Bradford again in his response to me.

If he's going to present himself on these BWB's in the manner he is... then he needs to do the same when he's face to face with players and coaches. I tell him so in my response I just made to him.

Living in another city far away, I get to compare his work to what is provided to me here. That certainly has a huge effect on my opinion of bern. Anyway...

Guess I can't get banned over there after all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
StevenG-BR said:
I just started posting over here today. I went by KingKhan and KingKroenke, but now I'm going by my real name.

But just reading through the ROD Rams Talk for 10 minutes, it's already worth it.

Welcome aboard man.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:

Those were good questions, and I wouldn't expect him to ban you over those.

I got a chuckle out of the *Faulk's picture* comment though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:

He responded.

Just saw that. lol

You're right, he did take it in stride. I can give him credit for that. He still took a little jab at me by thanking me for watching his BWBs. I can't blame him for that though.

Bernie is just too wishy washy for me. He's a switcher. He even tries to say that he now personally likes Bradford again in his response to me.

If he's going to present himself on these BWB's in the manner he is... then he needs to do the same when he's face to face with players and coaches. I tell him so in my response I just made to him.

Living in another city far away, I get to compare his work to what is provided to me here. That certainly has a huge effect on my opinion of bern. Anyway...

Kinda looks like It' Pat BM will beat ya to it .

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

Those were good questions, and I wouldn't expect him to ban you over those.

I got a chuckle out of the *Faulk's picture* comment though.

Oh well. Guess his skin"s a little thicker than I gave him credit for. I had to test the waters. Never know.

Whatever,,, we'll see how much "NO FEAR" he has in his questions for Fish in the next presser.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thordaddy said:
Selassie I said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:

He responded.

Just saw that. lol

LOL

I just went over there and scanned through it. :lmao:

I'm done with Bernie. We'll see how much NO FEAR he displays In Person going forward.

If he continues to talk major shit on BWB, but display something completely different in person... I might have to call him out on it again.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
Thordaddy said:
Selassie I said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:

He responded.

Just saw that. lol

LOL

I just went over there and scanned through it. :lmao:

I'm done with Bernie. We'll see how much NO FEAR he displays In Person going forward.

If he continues to talk major shit on BWB, but display something completely different in person... I might have to call him out on it again.

You do know though that Bernie talks to these guys in private?

Bernie was told stories before about how Albert Pujols and Tony LaRussa would confront him about his columns.

Just because Bernie isn't bringing these things up at the presser doesn't mean that Fisher isn't seeing the..I mean hell, I don't think BWB is unviewable at Rams Park.

Yes, I'd like to hear what the answer would be from Fisher...but I don't think this is an example of Bernie being cowardly or anything. If he was being cowardly he'd do the Kevin Slaten routine...criticize and demand answers on the radio, then not even show up for the games to ask ANY questions.

I mean, do you really think what Bernie is questioning is unreasonable? I know when I was watching the game Sunday I was getting pissed off with the short passing game plan...getting pissed off watching draw play after draw play when they were down by 21.

I agree with you, I'd like him to ask these AT THE PRESSER...but it isn't because I think he needs to "say it to his face" or anything...I want him to ask it at the presser because I want to hear what the answers will be! But something that I am critical of with Bernie and many media members in St.Louis is that they don't want to put coaches or players on the spot with obvious questions.
For instance...the retrospect question..."Do you think you made the wrong decision going for 2 on that failed PAT?" Well duh...what kind of answer do you want from that? I think every person with a brain realizes that in retrospect it failed, so it wasn't the right choice...but the coach is going to give an answer like this, "I think it was the right decision. We weren't successful but the way our offensive line was handling their defense we felt we had the advantage".

Also, keep in mind the lames BWB and UFR garbage that the PD puts out is just commentary to generate fan interest. It's to get people thinking and for entertainment. Those guys are paid to get a reaction from fans. That is what they are selling.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's got 2 completely different personalities when you compare his severity on BWB and his lack of aggression at a Presser.

I know he's trying to generate clicks, and I know that my response to his BWBs is exactly what he's employed to do. I couldn't resist this time though. My fanaticism only allows me to listen to someone talk so much shit about the Rams before I might have to do my best to contain myself. Sometimes I can't do it. In a position like his, he needs to be checked once in a while.

He knows his trade. Not saying the guy's full of shit. He's just different from what I'm used to here in O-Town.

As an example, do you remember seeing the clip of Stan Van Gundy being asked if Dwightmare Coward really asked management to fire him during warm-ups before a game... knowing that Dwight was right there? Then Dwight came over and put his arm around Stan (not knowing what was being asked) joking around like he loved Stan ,,, while Stan proceeded to explain that he had, in fact, been told by management that Dwight had asked to have him fired.

I'm used to a different style.

Bernie seems phony to me.

I thanked him for his responses to my posts.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
He's got 2 completely different personalities when you compare his severity on BWB and his lack of aggression at a Presser.

I know he's trying to generate clicks, and I know that my response to his BWBs is exactly what he's employed to do. I couldn't resist this time though. My fanaticism only allows me to listen to someone talk so much shit about the Rams before I might have to do my best to contain myself. Sometimes I can't do it. In a position like his, he needs to be checked once in a while.

He knows his trade. Not saying the guy's full of shit. He's just different from what I'm used to here in O-Town.

As an example, do you remember seeing the clip of Stan Van Gundy being asked if Dwightmare Coward really asked management to fire him during warm-ups before a game... knowing that Dwight was right there? Then Dwight came over and put his arm around Stan (not knowing what was being asked) joking around like he loved Stan ,,, while Stan proceeded to explain that he had, in fact, been told by management that Dwight had asked to have him fired.

I'm used to a different style.

Bernie seems phony to me.

I thanked him for his responses to my posts.

I vaguely remember that interview...mostly because I only watch basketball, not the NBA :lmao:

To be completely honest, I don't see the "shit talking". In fact, I always feel like Bernie waivers on the "apologist side" (for lack of a better term) more than the other...I really feel like he is pretty even keel and will change his opinion only when there is valid information, and that I respect a heck of a lot more than some media types that will stand their ground even when its obvious that things have changed.

You and a few others see it differently...cool with me.

Now, make some arrangements to get up to the Lou so I can repay you with some St.Louis BBQ for them der bugs you treated me to! Beers are on me too. :cheers:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well, it's been about a week since my last visit to Ram Stalk...and I must say that my fandom feels refreshed.

I actually feel like I am a more knowledgable football fan.

Someone should start a recovery program for good posters that have been overcome by that shitty forum.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Well, it's been about a week since my last visit to Ram Stalk...and I must say that my fandom feels refreshed.

Someone should start a recovery program for good posters that have been overcome by that crappy forum.

You aren't lying man.

I felt that place stifling me too, like I wasn't learning anything because we were only talking about QBs ALL THE TIME.

Any other conversations about any other thing was insipid and boring, even the quality posters were now posting out of bitterness and attacking other facets of the team's to get their point across. I think the biggest fall from grace was SOKA.

He went from a reasonable, well rounded poster to going absolutely bonkers on the rest of the team to prove that Gibson was actually the greatest receiver to put on the Rams jersey.

That place kills intellectual conversation and breeds nothing but anger and pettiness.

Sum1BTRthnU said:

Someone should start a recovery program for good posters that have been overcome by that crappy forum.

Still can't wean myself off Cards Talk, at least it's slightly more reasonable than Ram Stalk. But Rams On Demand has made Ram Stalk obsolete, even if I don't contribute anything of much value :bg: .

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This just in, I went back to see if things were any better.

LOL, they weren't ,but I picked up this juicy tidbit.

Apparently Eli Manning and Big Ben are both also garbage QBs of Bradford scum level because their teams are bad too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HometownBoy said:

Apparently Eli Manning and Big Ben are both also garbage QBs of Bradford scum level because their teams are bad too.
Anything to protect the vaunted QBR statistic. :roll: The other infallible argument against Bradford is that all of his yardage and stats are acquired during garbage time when teams aren't even trying to stop him anymore.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:
HometownBoy said:

Anything to protect the vaunted QBR statistic. :roll: The other infallible argument against Bradford is that all of his yardage and stats are acquired during garbage time when teams aren't even trying to stop him anymore.

Good to see it's the same ole Rams Balk. Honestly I'd hate for anybody to see that forum, they'd think all of us are morons who don't know QBs aren't magical fairies that sprinkle their pixie dust onto the team and make them good and that teams give up just long enough to be convenient for QBs looking for stats.