Opposition increases to new fair catch rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think what they will do is make it an optional thing. Asking the receiving team, to take it on the 25 or return it. If the answer is return then the usual rules would apply, i.e. kicks outside the endzone must be returned. Inside would remain optional.

A team behind would probably want to return it late in games.

This would eliminate most KOs for most of the games but gives the trailing team the option in the 4th quarter. This rule devalues the kicker more than anything else.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's sad is that these special teams players never get a chance to shine, except on plays like on kick off returns. Special teams might be all they ever get to do in the NFL and now the NFL is getting changed by beta males...or at least they want to change it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So the return guy can still run the ball if he wants to? This rule applies only if he fair catches the ball.

I mean how many times do kick returners actually break one. The power is in their hands.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So the return guy can still run the ball if he wants to? This rule applies only if he fair catches the ball.

I mean how many times do kick returners actually break one. The power is in their hands.

But isn't there pressure by ST coaches for them not to take the chance of missing out on a sure thing? I know they have to coach the heck out of these guys to fair catch it if it's a gtd 25 yard line spot.