On to Week 2 - vs Wash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
If I'm Gruden, I'd put Norman on Kupp on third downs. I also think the Skins can run on us...Gore had too many holes for my taste. I was hoping McVay would use more of Kromer's run blocking schemes from Buffalo but I didn't see it except for the red zone. I also believe Gruden will pick up Goff's tells on play action so we better have an improved running game this time around.

I believe this game should be a win but everything went right against Indy and it's hard for even a veteran team to avoid believing their own hype after such a performance. Turnovers are inevitable so I hope this isn't the game we see them catch up to us.

Other than that, I believe McVay and Phillips will have this team better prepared than the Skins will.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes sense for whom? Yes, I can understand him not wanting to play - but in that case he shouldn't be getting game checks. It is in the Rams' interest that he plays as soon as he can help the Rams, even if a limited number of snaps.
The point of my post was in hoping that he would sign new contract before he played. And that would also be hopeful for this week

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If I'm Gruden, I'd put Norman on Kupp on third downs.

Oh please please please I hope he does!!! If we're ahead by a TD or by 10pts Goff will take a shot downfield on 3rd down, count on it. If they can't cover Sammy B. Watkins with their BEST CB on 3rd down he's GONE.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This should be a gimme win. Yeah I know teams should never take another team for granted, but from a fan perspective:

1. Other than Josh Norman, who are the other DBs? You can place Josh on Sammy or Cooper but then you got Tavon, Robert, TEs, etc.

2. The Redskins' RBs are literally all JAGs. All of them. If Sean McVay can work his magic and get Aaron Donald to play this Sunday, they don't have a chance.

3. The Redskins' best player is Jordan Reed, and he's not 100%. Even so, that is only thing I am really worried about, because Colts' TE Jack Doyle had 41 yards. Alec Ogletree struggled slightly against him. Jordan Reed is a much better TE.

4. Kirk Cousins best WRs now are Jamison Crowder and Terrell Pryor. The 3rd WR and a converted QB.

5. Their OL is meh.

6. Rams OL will need to worry about Ryan Kerrigan, but other than that??? Their next best pass rusher is Junior Gallette a guy just now playing after 2 years of suspension.

I don't think it will be another blowout like last week, it should be more like a 27-14 or 21-10 type game. Rams should win this one, and I think being the game in LA vs. traveling cross country helps a lot.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I think McVay is aware of this gents. He has an insane arsenal of WRs to throw at the skins. It will be interesting to see the plan of attack before our own eyes come game day. I think Cousins is going to get that itchy finger and start lobbing down the field carelessly.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
One of my good friends is a foreskins fan, so i pay extra attention to those games. We play them almost every year and it seems to go back and forth each year. We lost a couple years ago, badly. That means we win this Sunday.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I've been waiting to see Donald and Quinn rush the passer from the same side in 3rd Downs. He needs to play! They can't double team both! I can't wait to see Cousins scramble for his life

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I started rooting hard against the Redskins when we got their #1 pick in the RGIII trade. Of course those days are gone and we wasted the pick but I still root against them like we should get something for it.
Lol

Rams43

Hall of Fame
My early thoughts about this Redskin matchup...

Ram pass pro has looked pretty good. I think that that continues vs the Redskins. If so, Rams win. This McVay team is now a passing team.

Hope to see an improvement in Ram running game. Kromer must be thinking about and working on this 24/7, don't you think? But I've gotta see it before I believe it, you know? This is our remaining weak link.

I don't care who the Redskins assign Norman to cover, frankly. At the very best, he can only neutralize Watkins on any given play, and even that's doubtful. Very doubtful. Meanwhile, Kupp and Woods plus our TE's can have a field day. Too many quality weapons on this O, now. And if Goff gets protection, he will often find one.

We haven't yet seen the whole O playbook. Saffold said as much post game. McVay knew he didn't need all of it vs the Colts. But we may see some surprises vs the Redskins. Maybe just enough to get a lead. This O staff is verrrrry creative. We're not used to that, huh?

This tandem of McVay and Wade have a genuine killer instinct approach to these games. Another poster on another board first mentioned it, so I can't take full credit for the observation. Remember how McVay was still pouring it on until late in the 3rd quarter? Never took his boot off the neck of Pagano until he had an insurmountable lead, did he? Same with Wade. Never went into a prevent D, did he? He inserted bench players, yeah, but they were still bringing the pressure to the end. I love that in coaches.

So, what does that mean? I think it means that McVay and Wade bring a "show no mercy" attitude to the game and the players feed on that. Makes it fun for them. And, more importantly, it gives the opponent virtually NO chance of getting back into the game. Hope that philosophy continues all season long. It's very Martz-like. Lol.

I think that AD will play some. But with or without AD, this Wade directed D will improve from week to week. It's already pretty danged good, but it's aggressiveness will increase. I see more sacks and ints and strip fumbles in our future. Lots more, and each is a potential game changer.

I see a harried and frustrated Cousins. I see Cousins spending lots of time in the whirlpool after this game. Wade is gonna unleash his front 7 this Sunday.

I don't expect 46 points or a 37 point winning margin, of course. But I do expect a solid win. This Ram team is on the cusp, I'm telling you.

That's all for now. I'm now recharging the batteries on my crystal ball.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The outcome of this game will tell me ready or not we're a potential playoff team or a middling .500 team..

But seeing how the players play will tell me how much "Fisher" they still have in them - because this game is an automatic loss in the Fisher era after a win like last week. I can handle a loss - but if we get beat like we got beat by Washington two years ago in week 2, under almost these identical circumstances....I will not be a happy camper

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I started rooting hard against the Redskins when we got their #1 pick in the RGIII trade. Of course those days are gone and we wasted the pick but I still root against them like we should get something for it.
Lol
I get your point dieter, lots of picks didn't work out in that trade, but let's do the tally: Foreskins: RGme...out of football
Rams: Brockers, Ogletree...Rams win. Easily.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get your point dieter, lots of picks didn't work out in that trade, but let's do the tally: Foreskins: RGme...out of football
Rams: Brockers, Ogletree...Rams win. Easily.
Oh no doubt we did well with that trade. I was just referring to rooting against the Skins so that 1st rounder would be as low as possible

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Rams now favored by 2 in game

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams now favored by 2 in game
At the start of week 1 preseason we weren't favored in a single game all year by Vegas now we are in both games though this is a slight underdog on a neutral site.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This feels like a good match up for us.

McVay knows what that team likes to do on both sides of the ball. He also knows what they are good at. From a pure strategy standpoint that would seems a nice advantage.

Factor in we are at home with momentum from week 1 (we have it, they are still searching for it) should give us at least the potential for a good start.

Any given Sunday. Let the strategy begin.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Rams should beat this team, skins o line was dominated by the eagles last week. They had a couple feel opportunities and Pryor dropped an easy rd, our secondary should be better than the eagles . Rams win
24-17, I think this is a great game for Gurley to make a statement and finally run for over 100 yards .

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also believe Gruden will pick up Goff's tells on play action so we better have an improved running game this time around.

one thing i noticed a lot during the colts game ... "turbo" has become part of Goffs cadence before the snap ... he would litreally call turbo and they hiked the ball id have to go back and see if it was all the time ..just seems a new added wrinkle to his game

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These are quotes from Washington players. They love him. Mcvay might be even better than any of us ever imagined and the Rams have someone special for what I hope is the next 20 years.

He is beloved in that Redskins locker room, and, as it relates to Sunday’s game, somewhat feared.

“To go against Sean the first time is kind of nerve-racking,” said Williams, the All-Pro left tackle. “Because I know for a fact he knows everything about everybody on this team that was here when he was here.”

Cornerback Josh Norman, another Washington All-Pro, believes McVay took a Sharpie to the schedule the day it came out and circled this game in red.

“He’s a fiery guy,” Norman said. “He’s so smart. He’s a magician. As far as offensive minds, he’s young but could probably create something that we’ll see and be like, ‘That’s Sean McVay.’ Just like the West Coast offense. Who created that? Bill Walsh. Sean McVay could add another layer on top of that. That’s scary, but he has the opportunity to do that.”