Olineman Evan Boehm to PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like that wrestling background, and his size for a center...now, is he smart?

A university of Missouri alum and played Center for three years, Center one of the most cerebral positions on the offense, calling all the line adjustments, so I believe Boehm is just fine from the neck up.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
A university of Missouri alum and played Center for three years, Center one of the most cerebral positions on the offense, calling all the line adjustments, so I believe Boehm is just fine from the neck up.
Ok, so he played for 3 years at center...then he is smart,and powerful....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ok, so he played for 3 years at center...then he is smart,and powerful....

And IMO, Center is where he needs to be, some Card fans communicated such. Last year they had Neary & Eldrenkamp, now they have Boehm and IMO, that's an upgrade.

Name
Coleman
Yes, as the sage of Upstate New York, den-the-historian opines.....Evan LostInNumbersShuffle Boehm with his 5 or so NFL starts with Zona IS DEFINITELY an upgrade over Aaron APoorMan'sTimBarnes Neary who got beaten like a redheaded stepchild in our 2017 regular season finale loss to the Forty-Whinners.

Additionally it sounds like Boehm was a former wrestler just like Austin CornFedIowan Blythe and Brian ChicagoTough Allen.....
which is just the way Professor Kromer likes his inside OLmen.....ie.graplers!:yess:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yes, as the sage of Upstate New York, den-the-historian opines.....Evan LostInNumbersShuffle Boehm with his 5 or so NFL starts with Zona IS DEFINITELY an upgrade over Aaron APoorMan'sTimBarnes Neary who got beaten like a redheaded stepchild in our 2017 regular season finale loss to the Forty-Whinners.

Additionally it sounds like Boehm was a former wrestler just like Austin CornFedIowan Blythe and Brian ChicagoTough Allen.....
which is just the way Professor Kromer likes his inside OLmen.....ie.graplers!:yess:

We do seem to be overloaded with Midwest OL...

Saffold - Indiana
Sullivan - Notre Dame
Havenstein - Wisconsin
Blythe - Iowa
Allen - Mich St
Boehm - Mizzou

The others
Whiteworth - LSU,
Noteboom - TCU,
Brown - Louisville
Kolone - San Jose

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude definitely has a great football name for a lineman. :D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We do seem to be overloaded with Midwest OL...

Saffold - Indiana
Sullivan - Notre Dame
Havenstein - Wisconsin
Blythe - Iowa
Allen - Mich St
Boehm - Mizzou

The others
Whiteworth - LSU,
Noteboom - TCU,
Brown - Louisville
Kolone - San Jose
Some grain fed beef eaters right there.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
...university of Missouri ....played Center for three years...calling all the line adjustments
Do we actually know that the Missouri Center does indeed call the line?

I know there's got to be a couple Mizzu fans on here at least.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Nice, possibly a raw piece of iron Kromer can forge into solid steel

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do we actually know that the Missouri Center does indeed call the line?

I know there's got to be a couple Mizzu fans on here at least.

I believe that the coaches call the line and plays at Mizzou, but Boehm is intelligent enough to call the line in the professional league.

Boehm actually started as a true freshman at left guard and did a fantastic job there. He switched to center afterward and kept the job, which is quite impressive, given that Mizzou has had a few offensive linemen switch to center at the draft (Justin Britt for a little while, Mitch Morse, Connor McGovern).

I love the pickup, personally.

Name
Coleman
Yo, Soul Surfer.....did you see Neary in the SF finale last year?
He had zero push at the point-of-attack on running plays....
and on pass pro, looked like a ragdoll being tossed around.
....anyway, as always....JMO.;)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About your name....
Regarding your Soul Surfer handle, back in April 2013 at LAX, I was grabbing a quick meal before my return flight to Vancouver.
Anyway, I asked if I could join a guy eating alone at a table of four in a fastfood deli spot, and being the nice guy he was, he said "no problem!" Turned out he was Tom Hamilton of Kauai, the father of Bethany Hamilton the competitive surfer who had her left arm sheared off in a shark attack, and the movie by the same name SOUL SURFER was made in 2011 with Dennis Quaid playing Tom Hamilton. Tom got a little emotional when he was telling me that he was heading back to Kauai after he and Bethany had been in Boston, comforting and counseling the amputee victims from the recent Boston Marathon bombing. I will never forget that meeting, and the warmth of Tom Hamilton. He made me promise to watch the Soul Surfer movie.....BUT only if I watched with my whole family (I have two daughters of similar age to Bethany)....

So compelling was Tom that back home in BC went out and got Soul Surfer, and we all watched the movie as a family a couple weeks later, and my women folk all cried....truth be told, I might've had an itchy eye (or two) myself.
Anyway, that's my Soul Surfer story.....

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Regarding your Soul Surfer handle, back in April 2013 at LAX, I was grabbing a quick meal before my return flight to Vancouver.
Anyway, I asked if I could join a guy eating alone at a table of four in a fastfood deli spot, and being the nice guy he was, he said "no problem!" Turned out he was Tom Hamilton of Kauai, the father of Bethany Hamilton the competitive surfer who had her left arm sheared off in a shark attack, and the movie by the same name SOUL SURFER was made in 2011 with Dennis Quaid playing Tom Hamilton. Tom got a little emotional when he was telling me that he was heading back to Kauai after he and Bethany had been in Boston, comforting and counseling the amputee victims from the recent Boston Marathon bombing. I will never forget that meeting, and the warmth of Tom Hamilton. He made me promise to watch the Soul Surfer movie.....BUT only if I watched with my whole family (I have two daughters of similar age to Bethany)....

So compelling was Tom that back home in BC went out and got Soul Surfer, and we all watched the movie as a family a couple weeks later, and my women folk all cried....truth be told, I might've had an itchy eye (or two) myself.
Anyway, that's my Soul Surfer story.....
That is wild, man.
I had no idea that there was a movie about the girl who lost her arm in the shark attack, (who I was aware of).

I just recall hearing "Soul Surfer" and I put it in my Google notes on my phone for the next time I wanted to make up a ID because I thought it sounded cool.

I thought it had good alliteration plus I just like the idea of someone that would surf people's souls (whatever that means).

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yo, Soul Surfer.....did you see Neary in the SF finale last year?
He had zero push at the point-of-attack on running plays....
and on pass pro, looked like a ragdoll being tossed around.
....anyway, as always....JMO.;)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Are you under the mistaken impression that I thought Neary was going to make the roster?

I was never really a big Neary fan.
I felt that they would keep the three rookies over him all day long.

The only one I was incorrect on was Lucas.
Probably just hoping that we would have a 6-9 right tackle plus thinking the Kromer would have a full Camp to work with him this year.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is wild, man.
I had no idea that there was a movie about the girl who lost her arm in the shark attack, (who I was aware of).

I just recall hearing "Soul Surfer" and I put it in my Google notes on my phone for the next time I wanted to make up a ID because I thought it sounded cool.

I thought it had good alliteration plus I just like the idea of someone that would surf people's souls (whatever that means).
You my friend sound like a lost soul looking for a soul to cherish. Well buddy, you've come to the wrong place!:cool: