Oldest Rookie QB in NFL History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
In 1984 it came down to the Oilers & the Rams for Warren Moon Services, the only reason Moon went with the Oilers was because at the last minute the Oilers informed him, if he signed with them, they would hire his Coach in Canada, Hugh Campbell. The Rams lost out to the Oilers a few other times,

In 1960 LSU Standout Billy Cannon chose the Houston Oilers over the Los Angeles Rams. In 1978 the Rams had a deal in place with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to secure their first round selection, but the Houston Oilers came in at the last minute and the Buccaneers sent him to Houston, in which, they drafted Early Campbell and then Warren Moon in 1984.

View attachment 36688
Wow! Fuck them Oilers then! Glad we beat them in 99’! That’s very depressing to read both of those bits of Rams history. Would have been worth it to hire his coach just to get Moon! :palm: Well I guess it’s long over but you can learn from the past I suppose.

The thought of Moon paired with ED! Maybe we wouldn’t have been as disgruntled? IDK?

Happy Memorial Day!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Coaches using polaroids on the sidelines instead of tablets, no play stoppages every time someone makes a play, commentators not focusing on the refs at the end of every play "Flag down/no flags" or "Was it a catch/I don't know Bill/We need another look at that" blah blah.

QB's getting smashed and it's all good, horse collars, DB's were allowed to play etc.

NO Twitter bullshit pre game hype. Not a gazillion commercial breaks. Oh and a giant Marlboro billboard behind the goal post. Lol, I could go on and on.
The good old days.
I have this game on VHS still, lol.

Changing gears a bit, i hope the Rams and Niners stay good for a few years. I miss these rivalries. Let the Seahawks and Cards dwell in the basement for awhile.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Has it really taken anybody 90 minutes to manscape their balls?

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
In 1985 I'm in the Air Force in Dayton Ohio and they show the highlights of the Rams victory over the Denver Broncos in week one and Dieter Brock is shown putting on his helmet and my good friend and roommate Joey from Pittsburgh says about Brock "He looks old." and I responded "You look old." I added some expletives, but you get the gist.

I remember watching the Monday Night game on December 9th with Brock leading the Rams to victory. I wasn't surprised the Rams went after Brock, they went hard after Warren Moon a year earlier in 1984 and were close to signing Moon, until those damn Houston Oilers came in and secured Moon by hiring his Head Coach in Canada Hugh Campbell, who only lasted two years. I will always wonder, what would have happened if the Rams & Robinson signed Moon.

But let's keep this in mind, the Ram passing offense was archaic under Robinson, they really didn't have an Offensive Coordinator after Jimmy Raye left as Robinson was just calling running plays, so Brock spoke about that in an interview, how considering the offense, he actually had good stats. It's too bad, his back was ailing, but the Rams moved on and made a deal for Everett, the only issue was, that their penny pinching owner Madam Georgia would not pay Eric the Great, so the Everett/Dickerson combo never had a chance.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLi_hBLy3A

This video points one of the many differences between the Air Force and the other three branches, not too many 4 Star Generals can say they were one of the original drummers for a fairy popular surf music band, much less perform with them in full uni 38 years later

As for our boy Deet (as he preferred to be called) funny story a friend of mine told me in '85, he sat next to him in a bar at 2 AM in the morning on a Sunday in New Orleans game day, ala Kenny Stabler, I believe the Rams were routed that particular game and #5 managed to get sacked 9 times

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of watching Ralph Dieter Brock play QB for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers when I was young.

He re-wrote the single season passing records in the CFL in 1980 & 1981 only to have Warren Moon eclipse those numbers in 1982 & 1983.

Known as Ralph Brock when he started his CFL career, it was Coach Ray Jauch who was responsible for the name change. After practice one day (1978), Jauch asked Brock if he had a middle name - it is Dieter. Jauch told him that Dieter Brock sounds like a football players name let's go with that. Brock's mother had always referred to him as Dieter so he was quite comfortable with the name change.

I was very happy to see Dieter Brock get his NFL opportunity in 1985.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I had the pleasure of watching Ralph Dieter Brock play QB for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers when I was young.

He re-wrote the single season passing records in the CFL in 1980 & 1981 only to have Warren Moon eclipse those numbers in 1982 & 1983.

Known as Ralph Brock when he started his CFL career, it was Coach Ray Jauch who was responsible for the name change. After practice one day (1978), Jauch asked Brock if he had a middle name - it is Dieter. Jauch told him that Dieter Brock sounds like a football players name let's go with that. Brock's mother had always referred to him as Dieter so he was quite comfortable with the name change.

I was very happy to see Dieter Brock get his NFL opportunity in 1985.

Good Stuff there Brudda. (y)