Oh. My. God. I weep for my childrens' future.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh wall ball...how I missed you smackin a ball into my back.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
joeybittick said:
Goddamn...

The Titanic thing is bad... but not knowing who Osama freaking Bin Laden was???? :nono:
It's called willful idiocy. The education system enables it, the middle class system (both parents needing to work) fosters it while the youth are brought up by entertainment media and the internet.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e2OEgafELw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zAAASsuyk[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - When I was touring the state on one of our teacher pay for performance measures, the head of the teacher's union actually said to the entire crowd in no uncertain terms that his job was not to educate students but to get the state to hire more members (not teachers) for higher pay. Now I'm not ignorant - I understand that a union boss' job is pretty much that in a nut shell. But when you are there speaking against pay for performance and you have a vast majority of the crowd there to enhance education, shouldn't you at least propose how your presence and the arguments you are making are to benefit the students? I'm not suggesting he should lie - just maybe shut his fucking trap or tell us how the measure was actually bad for education - not his "members".

But then if you understand the origination of the public education system then you know that the major push was to create a steady flow of worker drones that would not challenge the elites. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Seems to be working as planned.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
But then if you understand the origination of the public education system then you know that the major push was to create a steady flow of worker drones that would not challenge the elites. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Seems to be working as planned.
"No Child Left Behind' Law

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I see your Titanic, and raise you Bin Laden.

tumblr_lklp15mesn1qzq4qro1_500.jpg

Yep, the largest event to happen in their lifetime (given most of these people were most likely born between 1990-1999) and the reason why most of their life America was in two wars, and they didn't even know who started it all.
I believe this explains the 9-11 truth movement. :sly:

steferfootball

Starter
Bear in mind that this isn't a representative sample...our education ain't great, but it ain't that bad neither.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Good god. I realize that this is probably a small percentage of our population but this is pretty sad. I'm not sure that it's any more sad than kids who were unable to pick out the US on a map (which as we know was due to a terrible map shortage).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
I'm not sure that it's any more sad than kids who were unable to pick out the US on a map (which as we know was due to a terrible map shortage).
:LOLLLL:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
RamFan503 said:

Talkin' a LOOOOOOONNGGGGG time before that.

superfan24

Starter
brokeu91 said:
Good god. I realize that this is probably a small percentage of our population but this is pretty sad. I'm not sure that it's any more sad than kids who were unable to pick out the US on a map (which as we know was due to a terrible map shortage).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That still cracks me right the hell up. Poor kid. She was SO nervous, and once you get on that slippery slope to panic-ville, there's just no stopping. "The Iraq, everywhere such as..." Wow. I'm surprised she didn't pass out from nervousness after that interview.

Angry Ram

OK so here's the deal. Tomorrow (Wednesday), I will be in for a 7th grade social studies class. My plan is to ask every class if they think the Titanic event was real or just a movie script. Gonna be interesting. I'll tell ya guys tomorrow night. :razzed:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Angry Ram said:
OK so here's the deal. Tomorrow (Wednesday), I will be in for a 7th grade social studies class. My plan is to ask every class if they think the Titanic event was real or just a movie script. Gonna be interesting. I'll tell ya guys tomorrow night. :razzed:

Be sure to let them know we still have a US Constitution also.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
That still cracks me right the hell up. Poor kid. She was SO nervous, and once you get on that slippery slope to panic-ville, there's just no stopping. "The Iraq, everywhere such as..." Wow. I'm surprised she didn't pass out from nervousness after that interview.
Every time I hear the phrase "I personally believe that uhhh..." I literally cringe a little. Then I just start laughing.

The best part is how she starts babbling about South Africa and the Iraq, then comes back and actually manages to give an on topic summary as if nothing happened.

Angry Ram

Ramhusker said:
Angry Ram said:

Ehh..I try not to be the old coot. "Weh? When I was your age...we had rights dagnabit! The ole government done gone and tooks our freedoms aways."

:bahumbug:

Angry Ram

Looks like I'm gonna have to give I you a raincheck on my little test. Wasn't needed today...instead at a high school math class.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Angry Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
Angry Ram said:

Ehh..I try not to be the old coot. "Weh? When I was your age...we had rights dagnabit! The ole government done gone and tooks our freedoms aways."

Yeah, can't look uncool in front of the kiddies. I wouldn't advise talking like that in front of them anyways. It might make you look pretty damn stupid.

But you could of did the same survey with high school students. The 7th graders probably aren't as brainwashed as the high school chaps.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
interference said:
RamFan503 said:

Talkin' a LOOOOOOONNGGGGG time before that.
depends how u interpret goals of the law.

Angry Ram

Ramhusker said:
Angry Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
Angry Ram said:

Yeah, can't look uncool in front of the kiddies. I wouldn't advise talking like that in front of them anyways. It might make you look pretty damn stupid.

But you could of did the same survey with high school students. The 7th graders probably aren't as brainwashed as the high school chaps.

I'm the youngest subsistute @ 22. Like just now a kid that lives down the road from me told me that the class I did Monday had a grouchy old lady that just kept yellin at them.

Anyway, my plan is to ask the younger kids. Probably next week.