VENT Official Vent Thread - Will be taken down in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You think the rams might have been a little to invested in the Detroit revenge game. I know they are suposed to be more profesional, but it is a very young team.

Also I Thought the team was more prepared to deal with the Oline injuries, but the scheme allowed 1 guy to ruin the offense.

I think if the plan had been to protect the 3rd string LT with help the O would have some succes and the D would have played better

I am hopeful we will see a better team next week.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure, the offense is patched together, but that was our healthy defense out there. Depressing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just sucks that the season is effectively over after 2 weeks. This was a complete team loss. They looked like a bad college team today.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
1726442303282.png

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Also, if McVay wants the same kind of blocking on run plays that he gets with Puka he needs to have another TE in the game, not a 3rd Wr. Kupp and Puka can pull it off. Not the other guys.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Changes will be made I'm assuming. Tackling was abysmal. Speights I'm hoping, Find someone on a practice squad. Not sure Reeder and Rozeboom keep their jobs after the game today

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am interested for the comments from the coaching staff. This was an epic fail across the board & the schedule is not going to get any easier.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
LT is a cornerstone position for a reason. When you don't have one, and when none of your options can even slow a rusher, the QB is nullified. Stafford is our greatest advantage in most matchups but he's not going to do shit when your LT is giving up free runs at the passer.

Now if your OL could actually run block that would potentially have helped us out. But the truth is this OL is never capable of dictating the run. With McVay we will always be a pass-to-run offense. Shut down the pass, and it's a low scoring game at best for us.

Defensively the Detroit game should have served as the notice to make some changes. But Shula felt otherwise, obviously. So in my view the changes I felt were necessary for week two are still necessary. This defense might be significantly better by tweaking both ILB spots on the depth chart as well as NT in base. We're weak as fuck up the middle so let's give some of those depth options a look. Speights, Hummel, and Davis might all be upgrades of varying degrees.

I actually feel pretty damn good about our Edges. Still think Turner and Fiske are quality young linemen too. We're just a little short on quality and the youth means these guys aren't quite hitting at their peak yet.

Shula has been a mixed bag so far as DC. I like some of what he's done, but he's not shown an ability to quickly adjust his depth chart. And he should have anticipated and had a plan to double Harrison early on passing downs. But it was the contain that killed us. And I think that oversight was unforgiveable. This is the modern NFL Chris. If you aren't working your front on how to fucking contain you're gonna lose your job. It is only a matter of time.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Also and btw congrats to the Cards on beating our asses. That must have felt good after a decade of losing to us at home.

All that aside don't think for a minute McVay isn't going to turn this around to our benefit. This ass kicking will force the changes that need to be made. And the boys will work themselves into better form down the stretch as per usual under McVay. His teams always start slow and finish hard.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I stopped watching after the first Rams series on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.