Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Can you believe we selected G-Rob BEFORE we took Aaron Donald? Yikes.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Grob looks dreadful. Havenstein still learning. Brown looked bad today for the first time. Saffold out with shoulder injury - I thought we'd put that ghost away. Barnes at C was overpowered by Raji too often. Foles - yuk - just looked awful.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our receivers are not good. Bailey should've scored on that deep ball at the end, I liked the effort for the most part, but God damn O, pick it up, when they figure that out, this team could be lethal.

Come on, man.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm afraid G Rob is Jason Smith 2.0 and of course Safford is hurt again . How many #2 picks for o-line are thar bad ?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The way I saw it, this game is on Foles. I know they were getting pressure but he has to get rid of it and when it isn't there, tuck it and take the sack.

We are a defense and running team. There is only one thing you really can't do as a QB on a defense and running team. And Foles did that thing over and over again today.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Had so many chances to win this game and just killed ourselves over and over. So many missed opportunities, this one isnt one I expected to win but it hurts because we could have won it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Arizona Cardinals' cream puff schedule so far...ridiculous

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Greg Robinson whiffing on field goal.
Foles interception at the goal line
Sack to put us out of field goal range
Penalty to put us out of field goal range
12 points people. Twelve points that we left off the board
Wait Robinson kicks field goals to?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, its looking more and more like they whiffed on the #2 overall pick. Again. Spags whiffed in 2009. Robinson should be moved to guard and Saffold to LT. It might be the only chance they have of picking avoiding another bust at #2.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
It's a shame, really. The defense really played great. They did the impossible--got two ints at Lambeau. They really held the Packers to 14 points. At Lambeau.

The Rams have a star running back and got their run game going to the tune of 159 yards.

But the Rams defense and the Rams offense could not overcome the absolute ineptitude that is the Rams passing attack. They gave up 7 points. They turned the ball over 4 times. They missed field goals.

Frustrating.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

In the end--the Rams offense can't beat their worst enemy--themselves.

lockdnram21

Legend
Our receivers are not good. Bailey should've scored on that deep ball at the end, I liked the effort for the most part, but God damn O, pick it up, when they figure that out, this team could be lethal.
Bailey is slow that's why he lasted until 3rd round

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Our o-line got eaten alive by the gb defense. They played like freshman college kids. It ruined our passing game. And if gurley wasn't a true beast we'd of been totally fucked.

Cook.........biggest waste of money since Drew Bennett.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I figured we'd lose this one but I'm more bothered by the way we lost than us losing. Foles left at least 3 TDs on the field while throwing four interceptions. Yea, the OL was poor in pass pro but Foles was crappy today. Unbelievably crappy.

Jared Cook was Jared Cook. I've had enough of him.

That's all I have to vent about other than dropped passes. Which are always an issue for this team.

Well, I guess one more thing...I really am going to be upset if Zuerlein's confidence went into the shitter.

Sums it up for me too.

I'll throw in that the Rams desperately need a great possession receiver that is reliable for 3rd down.........TE/ WR? Whichever they can get. Garrett/Saffold.....could anyone tell the difference?

V3

Hall of Fame
The way I saw it, this game is on Foles. I know they were getting pressure but he has to get rid of it and when it isn't there, tuck it and take the sack.

We are a defense and running team. There is only one thing you really can't do as a QB on a defense and running team. And Foles did that thing over and over again today.
I can't blame Foles without blaming the O-line as well. There was a synergistic diarrhea going on between the two. I'll throw in an honorable mention to having no WRs that can consistently get open.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This OL needs to get to the point where they can deal with stacked LOS. Washington did the same thing to them with good effect. They have a long ways to go still.

Robinson had a bad game yes. Really irks me to see a dude in his second season playing that dumb. But he's playing the toughest spot on the OL and unlike the guy he's been compared to (Smith) he does love the game and wants to be better. So there's still hope for him. Smith was a turd, two totally different dudes in my opinion.

I really did not see the Rams winning this game, but by the end of the first half it was plain to me that they were very much in it. They just don't have the confidence yet, hopefully that's coming and this experience will help them if they see GB in the playoffs.

Irish

Starter
My only vent for this game is that the Rams lost and Randall Cobb had a shitty day. I am undefeated in my fantasy league, and will probably lose because of Cobb.

I don't know if that says more about me being a defeated Rams fan, or me losing interest because of all of the off the field stuff happening with the team.

Oh well. The past couple years havent really started until after the bye, so maybe the same will be said this year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've cooled from this loss already. I expected this loss. I just expected different events. We held Aaron Rodgers to 14 points. Our offense went out and pissed away 12 (19 if you count the pick 6). That's disgraceful. With that said....

We knew we would likely be 2-3 after the redskins loss. We thought we might be 1-4. The schedule is about to get cushion soft. We know our defense can stick with anyone now. We know we have a beast in gurley. We absolutely can go 8-4 the rest of the way. BUT.....

Our offense has to step it up. its not just that they're not winning games, but they're losing games for us. Today and Pittsburg are wins if the offense could've been even decent. They're undisciplined, sloppy, and they lack urgency (two delay of games coming off of the sideline!?). They're a slap in the face to our defense. The Rams have the Browns, 9ers, Vikings, bears, and Ravens coming up. If they don't win at least 4 of those (and they can!), then our season is tanked. That simple.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait Robinson kicks field goals to?

Robinson's man blocked the FG.

Sums it up for me too.

I'll throw in that the Rams desperately need a great possession receiver that is reliable for 3rd down.........TE/ WR? Whichever they can get. Garrett/Saffold.....could anyone tell the difference?

I think Stedman Bailey is that guy if they'd give him more of an opportunity. The guy has made so many tough catches for this team.

Big Willie

Starter
Quick gets a pass from me. (Pun not intended) He should have caught that pass, but all receivers drop passes they should and that was only his third target since he got hurt last year. (None in preseason, 3 this game). Bailey has missed at least one this year, Britt has missed a few, Kendricks has missed several, and Cook has missed a whole bunch. It is obvious they could use a #1 guy (Tavon is not that guy). Clearly the team needs improvement on the OL, but how much better is this team than they have been? For the first time in forever, I see real progress, playmakers, stout run defense, and the makings of a playoff caliber team. Keep the faith Rams Nation!