Official Punch a Niner Fan, Week! What they're sayin'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Establish the run game. Utilize 2 TE sets with short passes and jet sweeps. Engage Everett early. Pound the 49ERs front 7 into submission. Then score TDs whenever we reach the red zone. That is the offensive momentum we need going into the playoffs.
Dang, dang that's a dang-good game plan. Love it!!! Heh, are you listening Coach Mac. Dang's got the plan right here on ROD. Exactly where it is EVERY week!!
Ya'll don't need to look anywhere else.......

~ArkyRamsFan~

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/29/nfl-rams-49ers-week-17-preview-analysis/

5 questions with Niners Wire
By: Cameron DaSilva

To preview the season finale, we talked to Kyle Madson of Niners Wire. He shared some insight on Nick Mullens, the 49ers offense outside of George Kittle and whether San Francisco can pull off the upset.

1. How much better has Nick Mullens been than C.J. Beathard, who the Rams faced in the first matchup?
Significantly better. The main difference is simply Mullens’ willingness to pull the trigger when he sees a window. Beathard is more physically talented, but Mullens doesn’t hold onto the football for too long and he knows his limitations as a passer. The 49ers’ offense just flows better because Mullens doesn’t take as many sacks, and his willingness to just hit the short throw and keep the drive moving allows them to get in a much better rhythm.

2. Besides George Kittle, who do the Rams have to focus on stopping when the 49ers have the ball?
This is a dynamite question! Matt Breida, the 49ers’ sensational second-year running back, will be out with an ankle injury. Rookie wide receiver Dante Pettis strung together a few nice games, but he’s going to be out as well. San Francisco’s most explosive wide receiver, Marquise Goodwin, also won’t play. Kendrick Bourne is probably the wide receiver to watch. He’s an undrafted second-year player out of Eastern Washington who’s had a couple nice games when he gets opportunities.

Rookie seventh-round pick Richie James is another receiver who has a ton of athleticism. He might get some targets, too, on Sunday. Undrafted rookie running back Jeff Wilson is also a ton of fun to watch. He’ll be the primary ball carrier Sunday. He runs like it’s his job to put tacklers on the ground rather than the other way around.

3. If there’s one thing 49ers fans should be excited about heading into 2019, what is it?
They’ve played much better lately, indicating that some of the young talent on their roster is developing. There’ll be more competition going into next season which should make for a much-improved team on both sides of the ball once the games count next season.

Jimmy Garoppolo will be back under center, Jerick McKinnon will be back in the backfield, and they’ll hopefully have a full complement of weapons to work with on offense. This should be a team contending for the playoffs next year, and they might even scare the division crown if a couple things go wrong for the Rams.

4. How can the 49ers pull off the upset on Sunday?
Some prayer throughout the week would certainly help. Their upset comes down to two key factors for me. First, they have to keep Aaron Donald in check. He destroyed any chance they had to get into a rhythm on offense last time these teams met, and the 49ers will get blown out again if Donald has another monster game.

The other thing they have to do is win the turnover battle. That’s the only way they keep this game remotely close. Forcing a couple turnovers to set up easy scores will be the only way San Francisco can close the massive gap between them and the Rams from a talent perspective.

5. What’s your prediction for the game?
The struggling Rams having a No. 2 seed to play for is probably the worst thing that could’ve happened to the Niners. San Francisco’s been better lately, but they’re just too banged up on both sides of the ball to really keep up with a Rams team playing its starters.

I think it’ll be closer than it was back in Week 7, but the Rams should get back on track and put together a more vintage offensive performance than we’ve seen the last few weeks. Aaron Donald probably notches a couple sacks and a bad turnover or two seals the 49ers fate. Rams 31, 49ers 16.
------------------------------
https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1...status-marquise-goodwin-49ers-vs-rams-week-17

bleh. This is like a preseason game
and not the 3rd one…

No Goodwin, no Breida…no PETTIS?? Kittle and Gould will get us maybe 10-13 pts.

Rams will use this as a tune-up game before a bye and to try to secure the #2 seed. Tempted to let it be the first game I don’t watch this season…but I know I’ll still peek at it.
---------------
who exactly is left on offense?
It’s like the offensive line and the winners of the punt kick and pass competition
----------------
I’d love to help knock the Rams out of that 2 seed and lose the bye. Then we’d get to hear all the noise from TST about how we won because Gurley was out……………………as if we have nobody out.
--------------
We will tank and you will LIKE IT!
--------------
hmmm. If they didn’t have a decent backup RB that might have put the weight of the offense on Goff. I’m not saying Goff is stupid. I’m saying his skull has a nice low center of balance.
--------------
I hope it’s close and not an embarrassment, but I put the chances of us winning at nil.
-------------
If the Defense we saw last week shows up again, it could compromise the tank. Rams are (at best) a barely average team without Gurley. And we have home field advantage when we play in LA. I actually like our chances.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
hmmm. If they didn’t have a decent backup RB that might have put the weight of the offense on Goff. I’m not saying Goff is stupid. I’m saying his skull has a nice low center of balance.

Through week 12 the games that Gurley has not been as much factor the Rams and Goff have excelled. Its just been that two game stretch that people focus on. That is a much smaller sample size if you ask me. Some people haven't been paying attention.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're gonna win this game but I swear to God the first third down play that Kittle isn't covered... IMMA LOSE MY $#!T.

You just know it's gonna happen. :headexplosion:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
We're gonna win this game but I swear to God the first third down play that Kittle isn't covered... IMMA LOSE MY $#!T.

You just know it's gonna happen. :headexplosion:

Yeah I dont care if they have to put talib AND peters on him, he better not run wild. In fact, our all star secondary better shut their passing game down entirely.

And regarding the niner fan who said the rams are barely average without gurley, that the niners will have more support in the colliseium than the rams, and that he likes their chances.......ill smoke what hes smoking please

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I love this thread and I love you all so much.

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 78

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One irritating thing though is the Cards > Whiners are 1 and 2 in the draft, meaning Bosa & probably Oliver are heading for the NFC West. Here's hoping the Whiners outsmart themselves and pass on Oliver.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One irritating thing though is the Cards > Whiners are 1 and 2 in the draft, meaning Bosa & probably Oliver are heading for the NFC West. Here's hoping the Whiners outsmart themselves and pass on Oliver.

I think Quinnen Williams might jump Oliver. But I expect the Cards to trade down for a bevy of picks.