Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless the team he OC for has an Atlanta Falcons type offensive year, I think he's got a good 3,4 years before he would be NFL HC considered again

Who said NFL? And no chance he's not coaching again in a year, two tops.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is more likely to come?. Would Shaw leave Stanford to OC in the big leagues?

If Shaw was willing to leave Stanford, he would have gotten a NFL HC job. Plus, he just pulled the #1 HS QB in the nation.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If Shaw was willing to leave Stanford, he would have gotten a NFL HC job. Plus, he just pulled the #1 HS QB in the nation.

More likely we won't know who our OC is until after superbowl... Its puzzling why there is a hold up. Either McVay is currently negotiating or the search is so extensive its just too early to tell. We might get a strengthening coach first.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More likely we won't know who our OC is until after superbowl... Its puzzling why there is a hold up. Either McVay is currently negotiating or the search is so extensive its just too early to tell. We might get a strengthening coach first.

My thought is that our top candidates might be waiting for Atlanta and a couple other teams to make decisions on their OC openings.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Whomever is on our radar as OC, you can bet he knows he really isn't the OC, but a facilitator.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My thought is that our top candidates might be waiting for Atlanta and a couple other teams to make decisions on their OC openings.

What about Brian Daboll Tight End Coach of the Patriots? Not sure a Falcon assistant would be let go and if they are no longer under contract, they might follow Shanahan to San Francisco. Daboll a veteran coach that has coached Tight Ends & Quarterbacks (Like McVay) and has been an Offensive Coordinator and a veteran coach not great success as Coordinator, however, he would not be calling plays.

Again I doubt the Falcons are going to let anyone of their assistant go, but there is one "Keith Carter." who has a history with Offensive Lines and Tight Ends, he could be a guy McVay would like, however, this is all speculation. McVay might just be waiting on this announcement as Gary Klein reported, McVay will announce his coaching staff next week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who said NFL? And no chance he's not coaching again in a year, two tops.
That's back to my original post on the subject, I think he's committed to making it in the NFL and willing to take a step back to make it work. He can walk back to the NCAA any time he wants, could have this year and even double dipped on his salary

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's back to my original post on the subject, I think he's committed to making it in the NFL and willing to take a step back to make it work. He can walk back to the NCAA any time he wants, could have this year and even double dipped on his salary

Again if Kelly lands anywhere, it's going to be in Atlanta where he can call the shots, that is very possible. However, it may behoove him to sit back and let the dust settle, but if he truly wants back and Quinn wants him, he should jump at the opportunity and with great success would be at the top of the list to land at a premier program like Auburn for example because if you want to land in the SEC then coaching in the South will help.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I threw out Tom Clements earlier. Beyond him, I have no idea what McVay's potential plans could be.

One thing about Clements, he just left the Packers and the reason was because he was not calling the plays, why take the Ram gig, if indeed he's not calling plays, however, shocked Clements did this because there are not any opportunities left where he would be calling plays unless he ends up replacing Shanahan in Atlanta and I don't see that happening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again if Kelly lands anywhere, it's going to be in Atlanta where he can call the shots, that is very possible. However, it may behoove him to sit back and let the dust settle, but if he truly wants back and Quinn wants him, he should jump at the opportunity and with great success would be at the top of the list to land at a premier program like Auburn for example because if you want to land in the SEC then coaching in the South will help.
If he ends up in Atlanta, he wont be calling the shots. They will run Shanny's offense without Shanny. There is no way Matt Ryan is going to let them disrupt what they're doing there. I think he goes to Atlanta as a learning gig. Run Shanny offense with an in tact staff left over and Quinn watching over the play calling. Sure he might sneak a wrinkle or two in there but Ryan is the OC there

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If he ends up in Atlanta, he wont be calling the shots. They will run Shanny's offense without Shanny.

Well, if that's the case, he does not take the gig. The Falcons have plenty of internal candidates that can keep the same offense, so I just don't see Kelly being the type of guy that would come in and run somebody's else offense IMHO, but it would be nice for Kelly's resume though after San Francisco, but again, IMO, he's a college coach and I believe he'll get that opportunity, but he has to be sure, he lands the right gig and not take the first opportunity that comes his way.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he ends up in Atlanta, he wont be calling the shots. They will run Shanny's offense without Shanny. There is no way Matt Ryan is going to let them disrupt what they're doing there. I think he goes to Atlanta as a learning gig. Run Shanny offense with an in tact staff left over and Quinn watching over the play calling. Sure he might sneak a wrinkle or two in there but Ryan is the OC there

I doubt that Atlanta will be running Shanahan's offense unless they hire from within.(such as LaFleur)

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Hoping to see some news regarding our OC hire. McVay really impressed me with Kromer and Phillips. I can't wait until free agency starts to see how McVay starts improving the team.

BoBo

UDFA
Name
Paulie
I like the way this staff is shaping up. Personally, I'm not sure an OC by title is all that important. Maybe they hire from within once the dust settles this next season. Either way, BoBo like.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I like the way this staff is shaping up. Personally, I'm not sure an OC by title is all that important. Maybe they hire from within once the dust settles this next season. Either way, BoBo like.

Welcome to ROD Bobo.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Interesting hire. He was on the Bucs with McVay so it makes sense, but I figured Pleasant or the Broncos guy would be DBs coach.

Hmmm, I also wonder what the coaching depth chart is going to look like. We should hear more after the super bowl, but right now anyone's guess is as good as mine.

The strength and conditioning coaching choice will be the last crucial piece. One thing coach Fish did right was hire coach Rock, a guy who helped keep the team in great shape.