Official Camp Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don't be a pussy, let's hear what you got! Here's mine:

Rookies...
1. C/OG Brian Allen wins the RG job for the first two games.
2. DE Franklin cements himself at 2 on the depth chart at DE.
3. TE McElroy makes the cut by the skin of his ass.

Vets...
1. TE Hemingway doesn't make the cut.
2. RB Brown fends off competition to keep the 2 spot.
3. CB Shields doesn't make the cut.
4. QB Allen wins the backup job.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be blown away if Sam Shields is cut. Dude only was kept off the field by concussions, his play on the field was never in question otherwise, from what I've read.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I would be blown away if Sam Shields is cut. Dude only was kept off the field by concussions, his play on the field was never in question otherwise, from what I've read.
But he did get beat deep by Cooks in OTAs/minicamp

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ebukam makes huge strides.

Littleton will be better than fine at MLB.

Demby wins the vacant Guard spot, but it is hotly contested.

Thomas will not make the cut at WR.

Hemmingway will vie for some time on the field, not get cut.

Jared Goff will get beat out by a walk on Ventura College QB, named Dreaj Foge.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Bold predictions @Merlin

My 2 pence worth is:
  1. Eldrenkamp and Demby contest the vacant RG spot for the first 2 games
  2. Hemingway, leapfrogs into the #2 TE behind Everett

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Definitely my first reaction from the OP’s list.

Shields feels like a lock IMO, assuming his health is good. I suppose a younger player (with upside longer term) could be a threat to his spot, but it would take that.

Rainram

Starter
I guess I don’t see what so many others do with Hemingway. I could see him not making it through camp.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great Thread @Merlin & Bold Predictions I will make a few, but not as bold.

1. Justin Lawler makes the team as he will excel as a pass rusher and special teams
  2. Safety Nate Holley is the new Cody Davis
  3. Tanzel Smart gets cut as he looses out to Sebastian Joseph-Day.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I guess I don’t see what so many others do with Hemingway. I could see him not making it through camp.
I'm just going from what I've heard McVay say about him, and could with the fact that I think Higbee's chance was last year to excel, which I don't think he did..

McVay on Hemingway:

“When you just look at Temarrick, he’s what they’re supposed to look like. Great size, great length. He can truly play that Y position, but he’s also athletic enough to move around in kind of that ‘F’ role we identify on our offense. But I think he’s able to play inline, he can reach Sam linebackers, he can protect in some of the play-actions and different things. But then he’s also a viable receiving option.”

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just going from what I've heard McVay say about him, and could with the fact that I think Higbee's chance was last year to excel, which I don't think he did..

McVay on Hemingway:

“When you just look at Temarrick, he’s what they’re supposed to look like. Great size, great length. He can truly play that Y position, but he’s also athletic enough to move around in kind of that ‘F’ role we identify on our offense. But I think he’s able to play inline, he can reach Sam linebackers, he can protect in some of the play-actions and different things. But then he’s also a viable receiving option.”

Mcvay looked visibly upset when Hemingway got injured last season. I don't think he was faking it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hoping Shields regains form and makes the cut to become a valuable rotational player.

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of love on the board for him as he certainly has potential.
Guy can't get on the field at this point.
No proven depth helps him.
Hemingway just needs to fill a role. He doesn't have to be a complete TE. I think Coach likes him.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Thomas will not make the cut at WR.
I don't see this happening as he is an important and valuable piece in Fassel's special teams, which is generally what the sixth receiver is kept for. So unless someone else can show that they can aptly replace Thomas's roll on special teams, I don't see this happening.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
1. Jamil Demby wins the job for starting right guard outright over Austin Blythe, Jake Eldrenkamp, and Aaron Neary - the latter two of whom don't make the team.

2. The offensive linemen who make the team are Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, John Sullivan, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Joe Noteboom, Brian Allen, Jamil Demby, and Austin Blythe, with Darrell Williams and Cornelius Lucas surviving the final cuts for two weeks, leaving us to decide on one or the other.

3. The wide receivers will feature Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoh Cooper, Josh Reynolds, and Mike Thomas.

4. John Kelly wins the backup running back role behind Gurley, although Malcolm Brown gives him a fight (and also makes the team).

5. Justin Davis makes the team, even as a fourth running back.

6. Temarrick Hemingway will make the team and have the same role as Carrier did last year, except with more targets.

7. Gerald Everett becomes the starter (although Higbee will still see a huge role).

8. Sean Mannion is traded, leaving Brandon Allen as the backup quarterback.

9. Tanzel Smart makes the team on the defensive line along with John Franklin-Myers, Ndamukong Suh, Michael Brockers, Aaron Donald, and Sebastian Joseph-Day.

10. Dominique Easley and Ethan Westbrooks are cut (Easley) or traded (Westbrooks).

11. Bryce Hager and Ramik Wilson don't make the cut at linebacker.

12. The linebackers that make it through are Mark Barron, Cory Littleton, Samson Ebukam, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Micah Kiser, Tegray Scales, Matt Longacre, Justin Lawler, and Trevon Young.

13. Travin Howard is converted to strong safety (and, SPOILER, makes the team).

14. Blake Countess, Troy Hill, and Sam Shields don't make the final cut.

15. Our secondary consists of Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Lamarcus Joyner, John Johnson III, Kevin Peterson, Ramon Richards (Peterson's OSU teammate and fellow cornerback - and yes, he's more of a cornerback, even though he's listed as a free safety on Wikipedia), Marqui Christian, Travin Howard, and Afolabi Laguda (the undrafted Colorado safety).

16. Our practice squad comprises of Ejuan Price (OLB/DE), Jake Eldrenkamp (OG/OC), Omarius Bryant (NT), Luis Perez (QB), Nate Holley (FS), Nick Holley (RB), Laquvionte Gonzalez (WR/PR/KR), Johnny Mundt (TE/WR), Aaron Neary (OL), and Henry Krieger-Coble (TE/FB).

Rams43

Hall of Fame
1. Jamil Demby wins the job for starting right guard outright over Austin Blythe, Jake Eldrenkamp, and Aaron Neary - the latter two of whom don't make the team.

2. The offensive linemen who make the team are Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, John Sullivan, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Joe Noteboom, Brian Allen, Jamil Demby, and Austin Blythe, with Darrell Williams and Cornelius Lucas surviving the final cuts for two weeks, leaving us to decide on one or the other.

3. The wide receivers will feature Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoh Cooper, Josh Reynolds, and Mike Thomas.

4. John Kelly wins the backup running back role behind Gurley, although Malcolm Brown gives him a fight (and also makes the team).

5. Justin Davis makes the team, even as a fourth running back.

6. Temarrick Hemingway will make the team and have the same role as Carrier did last year, except with more targets.

7. Gerald Everett becomes the starter (although Higbee will still see a huge role).

8. Sean Mannion is traded, leaving Brandon Allen as the backup quarterback.

9. Tanzel Smart makes the team on the defensive line along with John Franklin-Myers, Ndamukong Suh, Michael Brockers, Aaron Donald, and Sebastian Joseph-Day.

10. Dominique Easley and Ethan Westbrooks are cut (Easley) or traded (Westbrooks).

11. Bryce Hager and Ramik Wilson don't make the cut at linebacker.

12. The linebackers that make it through are Mark Barron, Cory Littleton, Samson Ebukam, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Micah Kiser, Tegray Scales, Matt Longacre, Justin Lawler, and Trevon Young.

13. Travin Howard is converted to strong safety (and, SPOILER, makes the team).

14. Blake Countess, Troy Hill, and Sam Shields don't make the final cut.

15. Our secondary consists of Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Lamarcus Joyner, John Johnson III, Kevin Peterson, Ramon Richards (Peterson's OSU teammate and fellow cornerback - and yes, he's more of a cornerback, even though he's listed as a free safety on Wikipedia), Marqui Christian, Travin Howard, and Afolabi Laguda (the undrafted Colorado safety).

16. Our practice squad comprises of Ejuan Price (OLB/DE), Jake Eldrenkamp (OG/OC), Omarius Bryant (NT), Luis Perez (QB), Nate Holley (FS), Nick Holley (RB), Laquvionte Gonzalez (WR/PR/KR), Johnny Mundt (TE/WR), Aaron Neary (OL), and Henry Krieger-Coble (TE/FB).

That’s a helluva list, Memento. I really like it.

Love the boldness and specificity.

Only a very few differences of opinion:

Blythe starts at RG for 2 weeks. Experience and continuity.

Brown remains Gurley’s backup. Kelly 3rd string and Davis is a goner.

I think Smart making the 53 is iffy. He’s gotta win me over, anyway.

Easley and Westbrooks look like they make the 53 at this point, barring injury.

Sam Shields makes the 53. Barring concussion recurrence, of course. Too much talent and too much experience, plus he’s so inexpensive this year.

Kudos for your Allen over Mannion QB prediction. I could see that happening.

Here are a few of my own predictions:

Higbee slips to 3rd TE. He had his chance last year with Everett a rookie and Hemingway out hurt and he kinda blew it. McVay is gonna have his reliable and potent TE weapons. Looks like Everett and Hemingway to me.

I’ve got a really good feeling about both Ebu and Littleton. Both right out of central casting for Wade LB’s.

Can’t wait for the camp reports so we can fine tune our predictions, but I will say this. We should be prepared for pleasant surprises on both backup OL, DL, OLB, and ILB. Kromer and Wade know exactly what the heck they’re doing.