off to Dallas we go.............

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
This for me is a big game for our Rams. As I looked at the schedule at the start of the season, I was thinking win vs Ariz followed by a loss in Atl. I want to see how they come out of a loss and go back out on the road(I picked these 3 games to go and see live. So far both games have been a blast) . I feel confident that the coaches will make the right adjustments in some of the play calling(mostly on the offensive side) and start attacking down field a little more at the start of the game. Instead...."Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking"(William Sprague)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice Sprague reference. :ww:

I think the Rams should start with the impression that they're 16 points down. Coach the team like they have a deficit as soon as the offense takes the field. While I don't think you can sustain that kind of energy, it would (IMO) be a good way to instill that sense of urgency right off the bat. They *practice* scenarios like this all the time, so why not install it and see what happens?

iced

Dallas runs Monte Kiffin's scheme of the Tampa 2...

I see bradford using the TE's over the middle a lot - unless he actually feels like attacking the sidelines (this requires some separation from our receivers), which i don't see happening if Claiborne is on Pettis and carr is on givens..

I see Austin and Cook being the receivers for this game

V3

Hall of Fame
At this point, I've lost all confidence in our D coordinator. He's going to have to prove that he can run a successful game plan(don't tell me Arizona was successful) before I trust him. This 10 yard cushion crap has to stop. I'd rather our rookie safeties get burned a couple times and learn from it than have teams pick us apart on short stuff and eat up the clock all while negating our pass rush. What's the point of blitzing if there's always going to be an open receiver due to the 10 yard cushions?

I think Schotty can get his plan to work. He just needs to be more aggressive. Open up the playbook and use stuff that works early. Don't wait till the game is out of hand to use the no-huddle and the more creative plays.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Dallas is almost a carbon copy of Atlanta. Great WRs, stud TE, meh OL and meh defense.

The Rams SHOULD win vs their OL and in the passing game.

Jake Long vs. DeMarcus Ware should be a fun matchup.

The positive is that even tho this is a road game, Jerry World doesn't seem like a real NFL stadium. More of a tourist attraction so I'm not that worried on that front.

Tony Romo isn't 100% w/ his ribs and all, but he's still dangerous; he'll find Jason Witten all damn day long. If I'm Jeff Fisher I'm forcing Alec Ogletree to go against Jared Cook every single play in every single practice this week.

Graphicker

Starter
Make or break our season IMO. If we win we can go on to being 10-6. If we lose I'll see us at 7-9 or 8-8 sadly.
I feel great about this and I hope we establish our run game. I could care less about 3 and outs as long as we're actually trying to run the ball. Here's to hoping a great game from our Oline to make it 5 straight. Here's to praying from a monster performance by our Dline. Brockers and Langford have been doing the dirty work in the middle, But it would be nice for them to rush the passer.. I saw it a lot last week where Quinn was coming on like a missile just for Ryan to step in the pocket.

We also need to get Tavon rolling..

Graphicker

Starter
V3 said:
At this point, I've lost all confidence in our D coordinator. He's going to have to prove that he can run a successful game plan(don't tell me Arizona was successful) before I trust him. This 10 yard cushion crap has to stop. I'd rather our rookie safeties get burned a couple times and learn from it than have teams pick us apart on short stuff and eat up the clock all while negating our pass rush. What's the point of blitzing if there's always going to be an open receiver due to the 10 yard cushions?

I think Schotty can get his plan to work. He just needs to be more aggressive. Open up the playbook and use stuff that works early. Don't wait till the game is out of hand to use the no-huddle and the more creative plays.

Way too early to lose confidence.. We just have to believe in our system to get it done. I hope these last 2 weeks have provided that wake up call for Fish and Co. It's hard I know but we have to pray that we start clicking.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If they play the same game against Dallas that they played against the Cards and Falcons, this will be a loss.

At this point, I don't blame the players. Not even for the penalties or dropped balls or missed blocks on ST. If the Falcons' game was better coached, the Rams win and win big.

The Rams are SO CLOSE. Let them do what they do well! Be aggressive on D. Let the O play hurry up more.

RamEERS

Pastor
Angry Ram said:
Dallas is almost a carbon copy of Atlanta. Great WRs, stud TE, meh OL and meh defense.

The positive is that even tho this is a road game, Jerry World doesn't seem like a real NFL stadium. More of a tourist attraction so I'm not that worried on that front.

Tony Romo isn't 100% w/ his ribs and all, but he's still dangerous; he'll find Jason Witten all damn day long. If I'm Jeff Fisher I'm forcing Alec Ogletree to go against Jared Cook every single play in every single practice this week.

other than the fact that Romo is a total CHOKE in the fourth quarter....

Graphicker

Starter
Dallas has struggled on Offense these last 2 weeks. Vs the Giants at home and on the road vs KC.

If they tear us up pretty good! I'll have to assume the fetal position.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
RamzFanz said:
If they play the same game against Dallas that they played against the Cards and Falcons, this will be a loss.

At this point, I don't blame the players. Not even for the penalties or dropped balls or missed blocks on ST. If the Falcons' game was better coached, the Rams win and win big.

The Rams are SO CLOSE. Let them do what they do well! Be aggressive on D. Let the O play hurry up more.

I agree. With the right play calling we can be twice as good right now IMO

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:

I think the Rams should start with the impression that they're 16 points down. Coach the team like they have a deficit as soon as the offense takes the field. While I don't think you can sustain that kind of energy, it would (IMO) be a good way to instill that sense of urgency right off the bat. They *practice* scenarios like this all the time, so why not install it and see what happens?

Which begs the question of why not start out with the offense running no-huddle. Keep Dallas in their base defense. Run short (5-7 yard) routes and let our receivers get the ball in space an then create. This is what we saw yesterday when they went no-huddle. The receivers were able to gain separation and once Sam got them the ball they were able to get some extra yards after the catch. I will take 5-10 yard completions all day long. I know Fisher commented that you don't want to run the no-huddle and then go three and out. I think we have enough weapons for that not to happen. Shotty needs to be more creative in the no-huddle. I really think that this is Sam's strength and with the talented receivers it could be awesome. Now I'm not an advocate of running no-huddle all the time, but I do think we need to keep defenses on their heels and make them have to adjust to us rather than us having to adjust to them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MTRamsFan said:
X said:

Which begs the question of why not start out with the offense running no-huddle. Keep Dallas in their base defense. Run short (5-7 yard) routes and let our receivers get the ball in space an then create. This is what we saw yesterday when they went no-huddle. The receivers were able to gain separation and once Sam got them the ball they were able to get some extra yards after the catch. I will take 5-10 yard completions all day long. I know Fisher commented that you don't want to run the no-huddle and then go three and out. I think we have enough weapons for that not to happen. Shotty needs to be more creative in the no-huddle. I really think that this is Sam's strength and with the talented receivers it could be awesome. Now I'm not an advocate of running no-huddle all the time, but I do think we need to keep defenses on their heels and make them have to adjust to us rather than us having to adjust to them.
Why'd you change your name? You had me confused as hell for a second there. :boing:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
MTRamsFan said:
X said:

Why'd you change your name? You had me confused as hell for a second there. :boing:

Shortened it up just to keep some guessing. :sly: My sig line is still the same!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MTRamsFan said:
X said:
MTRamsFan said:
X said:

Shortened it up just to keep some guessing. :sly: My sig line is still the same!
That's the part that confused me. I thought (before I realized MT is the abbreviation for Montana) that someone ripped your sig, and I thought to myself, "ohhhhhhhh no... shit's gonna get real around here in a minute." lol.

RamEERS said:
Angry Ram said:

other than the fact that Romo is a total CHOKE in the fourth quarter....

This isn't really a true statement. What qb hasn't choked in the fourth? Yes, he's been bad in the playoffs, but I bet if you look up his 4th quarter stats they are fine.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
GreeneCounty said:
Romo 4th qtr numbers overrall are pretty good.
Yeah I just looked at his splits, and they're very good.

Maybe it's his playoff 4th quarter stats that are offensive?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In week 1, it was all Cook. Week 2, Austin, Pettis, and Givens shined. Hopefully this is the week all 4 guys contribute. Rams were lost without Cook in the first half. Hopefully our other studs can make plays earlier in the game when Cookie drawing a crowd. The way our defense is playing, it looks like we gotta out slug pretty much everyone. Our DC apparently doesn't learn from his mistakes and I expect more of the same.

The reason I expect Rams to win is because I see Romo in the same light as Cutler. Yes he will make some big time throws, but he'll make some big time mistakes in crucial parts of he game, too. Rams win the turn over battle and get the W.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ebonemalone said:
I'm not an advocate of running no-huddle all the time, but I do think we need to keep defenses on their heels and make them have to adjust to us rather than us having to adjust to them. This is something I would like to see more of. Throw in a couple of no-huddle series in the 1st half. If I had my choice it would be right after the "D" gives them a 3 and out. No reason to do it early(1st quarter) if the cowboys go on a long drive for points. But if the "D" gets on and off the field quickly..........attack!!!