[Oct 15, 2017] Rams at Jaguars (Jacksonville, FL)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Nine of us confirmed for this one and I'm curious as to who all are coming with you? Staying the night? Tailgating? Got tickets yet? My son and his girlfriend might come. I'm planning on getting a hotel for at least Sunday night, maybe Saturday too. I've got tickets already in section by club seats on visitor side, 220 something I think. We need to plan a tailgating spot and maybe meet beforehand if possible to drive there in order to park together. Any suggestions?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's a 4pm game, so I'll drive up that morning and drive back after. It's only a 2 hour drive for me.

I will have my wife and @Ramrasta with me I'm sure. My twins are way over in Tallahassee at school, so it's not likely that they will come... maybe though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's a 4pm game, so I'll drive up that morning and drive back after. It's only a 2 hour drive for me.

I will have my wife and @Ramrasta with me I'm sure. My twins are way over in Tallahassee at school, so it's not likely that they will come... maybe though.
That's a two hour drive for them too as well as for me but it depends who comes with me. I won't be driving anywhere after the game!:sneaky: And it depends on how many RODites are going to be in Saturday night. Be a great time for a party. And don't forget the Rams will probably spend the night. London is the next game and they might opt to go straight there the next day to cut down on travel.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's a two hour drive for them too as well as for me but it depends who comes with me. I won't be driving anywhere after the game!:sneaky: And it depends on how many RODites are going to be in Saturday night. Be a great time for a party. And don't forget the Rams will probably spend the night. London is the next game and they might opt to go straight there the next day to cut down on travel.

I would stay Sunday night... but T has a class at 8am on Monday mornings. Monday mornings are very busy for me at work as well. We'll see though.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
We will be driving up to Jacksonville Sunday morning I believe it's about a 2 hour drive from where we are staying in FL. It's just me my wife and daughter attending and we will be headed back after the game. But I'm definitely in for some pre game tailgating. We already have tickets section 141 second row from the field.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We will be driving up to Jacksonville Sunday morning I believe it's about a 2 hour drive from where we are staying in FL. It's just me my wife and daughter attending and we will be headed back after the game. But I'm definitely in for some pre game tailgating. We already have tickets section 141 second row from the field.

Where are you staying in FL?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Where are you staying in FL?

We are staying with my Inlaws in Citrus Springs. This is the first time I've been there I know it's about 1.5 hours outside of Orlando somewhere. Are you familiar with that area? And if you don't mind Whats a good beach to take the kids to that within a 2 or 3 hour drive from there? We are going to Disney world for 4 days and we wanted to go the beach a few times while we were there.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We are staying with my Inlaws in Citrus Springs. This is the first time I've been there I know it's about 1.5 hours outside of Orlando somewhere. Are you familiar with that area? And if you don't mind Whats a good beach to take the kids to that within a 2 or 3 hour drive from there? We are going to Disney world for 4 days and we wanted to go the beach a few times while we were there.

If you're looking for the closest beach from Disney... go to Cocoa Beach. That's probably your best option.

Don't go to Daytona Beach... that is the worst.

New Smyrna Beach is our favorite. You can actually drive your car on the beach there. That can be dangerous though if your kids are very small... but it does make for some nice conveniences when you have your vehicle right there. Cocoa Beach is closer to Disney though... but New Smyrna Beach isn't too far if you guys want to try more than one option.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If you're looking for the closest beach from Disney... go to Cocoa Beach. That's probably your best option.

Don't go to Daytona Beach... that is the worst.

New Smyrna Beach is our favorite. You can actually drive your car on the beach there. That can be dangerous though if your kids are very small... but it does make for some nice conveniences when you have your vehicle right there. Cocoa Beach is closer to Disney though... but New Smyrna Beach isn't too far if you guys want to try more than one option.

It looks like clearwater is fairly close. Not to Disney but from where we are staying. Is that a decent beach? I was thinking the beaches on the Atlantic side are probably nicer than the ones on the gulf side though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It looks like clearwater is fairly close. Not to Disney but from where we are staying. Is that a decent beach? I was thinking the beaches on the Atlantic side are probably nicer than the ones on the gulf side though.

Clearwater is very nice.

The beaches on the Gulf side area very beautiful... but they have no real waves. It's almost like a lake. Clearwater Beach is fantastic for everything you'll be looking for.

The beaches on the Atlantic side are real beaches with waves.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Clearwater is very nice.

The beaches on the Gulf side area very beautiful... but they have no real waves. It's almost like a lake. Clearwater Beach is fantastic for everything you'll be looking for.

The beaches on the Atlantic side are real beaches with waves.

I think I'm going to have to go to the Atlantic side. I don't feel like I'm at the beach unless there are some waves crashing

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think I'm going to have to go to the Atlantic side. I don't feel like I'm at the beach unless there are some waves crashing

I understand what you're saying... but I can't lie... I used to drive way over to Clearwater all of the time because it's so nice.

There just won't be any surfing for you over there.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I understand what you're saying... but I can't lie... I used to drive way over to Clearwater all of the time because it's so nice.

There just won't be any surfing for you over there.

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably end up checking them both out. Clearwater sounds like it would probably be better for the kids.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for the tips. I'll probably end up checking them both out. Clearwater sounds like it would probably be better for the kids.
How old is your daughter? If she is small, the gulf coast will be ideal. The water at Clearwater and south of there like at Anna Maria Island ( Bradenton Beach) is nearly like the Bahamas, almost clear. Very pretty and like Selassie says, no surf. Very nice beaches but yeah, doesn't feel like the beach without the surf. Fantastic sunsets though.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
How old is your daughter? If she is small, the gulf coast will be ideal. The water at Clearwater and south of there like at Anna Maria Island ( Bradenton Beach) is nearly like the Bahamas, almost clear. Very pretty and like Selassie says, no surf. Very nice beaches but yeah, doesn't feel like the beach without the surf. Fantastic sunsets though.

My daughter just turned 8. My son is 1 so I don't think he will be doing much swimming. My daughter is an excellent swimmer but I don't imagine she can handle to big of waves. Also My in-laws will be watching the 1 year old while we go to the game . I don't think he would want any part of a loud NFL stadium. Loud noises still scare him.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Just received my tickets(section 122 row b, 2 rows from the field in the end zone) in the mail today. I booked my room and I am all set

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just received my tickets(section 122 row b, 2 rows from the field in the end zone) in the mail today. I booked my room and I am all set

Perfect.

Looking forward to seeing you at the ROD tailgate!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Alright! Where are you staying? Sat night and Sun night?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok what does that mean on this map? I'm pretty sure it is Lot X. It is a grass lot that you can pitch a tent and usually has room in the middle to set up games and toss a football etc. They usually have bathrooms available too. If I'm wrong, it would be Lot H but I'm pretty sure X marks the spot.