Noteboom missed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Interesting.

1601953910977.png

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They should just work Noteboom as the back up LT and let him settle in there as an option if Whitworth retires this offseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Noteboom is clearly more athletic than Edwards. Edwards is the better overall player, but yes, I can buy that there are some areas where we miss Noteboom's movement. That all said, Edwards starting is a net positive.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Noteboom is clearly more athletic than Edwards. Edwards is the better overall player, but yes, I can buy that there are some areas where we miss Noteboom's movement. That all said, Edwards starting is a net positive.

Noteboom can move but he rarely hit blocks on the move. You could see it instantly when Edwards came in. Suddenly they were getting nice gains running left. I'm sure to fit this blocking scheme they'd love to have a guy that can move and hit, but its not easy picking them up in the mid rounds.

Edwards was a real head scratcher of a pick scheme wise, but the value was too good to pass up. I expected to see Evans at guard before Edwards. I thought Evans was the more mobile of the two.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's not really close between the two due to the difference in functional strength when you watch the snaps. Boom's way better than he was last season but still not able to lock dudes up the way you want in there and he's prone to being overpowered. We can talk athleticism all day and how well he moves but the more basic side is where the prob lies.

In the last audio interview Kromer did he was very forthcoming about these guys too, at least in saying he felt Boom was a natural left tackle, that they felt they had their LT in house, and that they were playing both Evans and Anchrum at LT during practice. He also said Anchrum was a steal. That his arms were long enough and thinks he can play on the edge.

For me the way these guys are playing is just a huge relief. There's gonna be ups and downs but they're not overmatched like so much of last season. I do think they need to get better at pass pro but that will come with the snaps and working through stunts and stuff together.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
PFF grades for OL after 4 games...

Here’s PFF grades for OL...

Whitworth
4th

Edwards
8th

Blythe
10th

Corbett
24th

Havenstein
20th

Edwards is clearly our 2nd best OL to my eyes. No way he gets benched. He’s the 5th rated pass pro OG in the entire league according to PFF. And it jumps off the screen to me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
David Edwards is an ex QB & TE before outgrowing those positions to being a near 6-7 inch 310 to 320 OL'er. So all these documented Draft profiles are full of :poop: ?

Edwards did very well playing RT in his Soph & Jr seasons before injury protecting the blind side of his left-handed QB. I like what I see from Edwards on Goff's blindside teamed with Whitworth.

Noteboom's time starting @ OG is far from being successful. In 2019 he finished 5 starts before being IR'd. In 2020 Noteboom was able to finish just one gm before being IR'd again. You sure can not make any blocks or help your team when your sent to the medical ward & designated to be active on the Injured Reserve.

In addition, McVay might be calling plays that maximize the positives of having Edwards playing LG. Who's to say those Edwards plays don't end up being more successful than all those previous Noteboom traps? Just how successful were all those Trap plays with Noteboom?

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
in regards to Edwards, with his background of QB and TE, how about a tackle eligible play?
Make it so Coach McVay
train

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sweet mother of God....
He will be their best option if Whitworth is not back next yr.

He might be only a stopgap, but in 2021, its either him or Whitworth, while maybe they groom a 21' draft pick.

I don't see Evans as a LT and Noteboom is a LT, not a guard. He looked good in the 18' preseason at LT and his playing exp at OG will help him.

fearsomefour

Legend
He will be their best option if Whitworth is not back next yr.

He might be only a stopgap, but in 2021, its either him or Whitworth, while maybe they groom a 21' draft pick.

I don't see Evans as a LT and Noteboom is a LT, not a guard. He looked good in the 18' preseason at LT and his playing exp at OG will help him.
Unless he improves massively he will be a disaster at LT.
Complete disaster.
Would rather option Whitworth again.