Not Too Late To Get A Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Big Game May Not Be Such A Hot Ticket, 18,000 Super Bowl Seats Still Available
January 28, 2014 5:23 PM

View Comments
metlife-stadium-2.jpg

Super Bowl signs are seen at MetLife Stadium on Jan. 27, 2014, as the venue is prepared to host Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks. (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)

NEW YORK(CBSNewYork) — It might be because of the cold weather but the big game may not be such a hot ticket.

On Tuesday afternoon, there were still 18,000 tickets available for the Super Bowl, CBS 2′s Emily Smith reported.

The NFL’s biggest game of the season draws fans from around the world to its host city, but this year the game is in New Jersey, the forecast is frigid, and thousands of tickets are still available.

Tri-State area residents said that without the Jets or Giants playing on Sunday, the big game isn’t a big deal. Especially in New York where residents are used to hosting big shows and seeing celebrities walking around.

“It’s just aggravation. Going there, getting there. I’d rather sit in my living room,” one New Yorker said.

Ticket prices have fallen to $1,500 and haven’t stabilized so they could fall even lower. But it still may not be enough to get some local residents to Metlife stadium.

“If the Jets aren’t playing in the Super Bowl, which will be thirty years from now, I’m not in,” another man said.

One woman in Midtown did say that she wanted to go. She was from Brazil.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Haha, I knew something like this would happen. If They wanted to host a Super Bowl they should have built a dome. This was such a stupid idea :slap:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't even know if a dome would help. Just going there and navigating to the place without having much to do near the venue (because of the weather) is probably the culprit here. And clearly the residents of that area could give a shit about the game, no matter who was in it. Unless it was a NY team, of course.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah they need a biosphere to make that shyte work

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't even know if a dome would help. Just going there and navigating to the place without having much to do near the venue (because of the weather) is probably the culprit here. And clearly the residents of that area could give a shyte about the game, no matter who was in it. Unless it was a NY team, of course.

Other places have also noted that the two teams' cities being thousands of miles away is also a big factor.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Other places have also noted that the two teams' cities being thousands of miles away is also a big factor.
Yup the evidence St Louis in a Domed Stadium is the best venue mounts.

iced

don't see NY getting another super bowl anytime soon

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't even know if a dome would help. Just going there and navigating to the place without having much to do near the venue (because of the weather) is probably the culprit here. And clearly the residents of that area could give a shyte about the game, no matter who was in it. Unless it was a NY team, of course.

That and; the price.

It's an interesting trend, as evident when Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Indy even struggled to sell out playoff games.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That and; the price.

It's an interesting trend, as evident when Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Indy even struggled to sell out playoff games.
They keep making bigger and better TVs (cheaper), and nobody will go to a game anymore.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The game is being played in St.Louis? It's my understanding that only games in St.Louis don't sell out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wow! Who knew it would be cold and windy and maybe snow around New Jersey in early February???????? I would of never thunk it! And then the surrounding area is such a tourist attraction too. Man, I'm shocked. On top of that, four figures to get in while the economy is in such fine shape with people still getting gouged with $3 plus gas prices is a perfect storm for a sellout. I just don't understand it. Maybe if they handed out free carbon credits at the gate?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Wow! Who knew it would be cold and windy and maybe snow around New Jersey in early February???????? I would of never thunk it! And then the surrounding area is such a tourist attraction too. Man, I'm shocked. On top of that, four figures to get in while the economy is in such fine shape with people still getting gouged with $3 plus gas prices is a perfect storm for a sellout. I just don't understand it. Maybe if they handed out free carbon credits at the gate?

:rofl:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Serves them right. If you don't have a dome or retractable roof, you don't get a Super Bowl. There is a reason it was that way.

How great is it the SeaChicken SB may not sell out? lol love it

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. The NFL is in great hands. And DROPPED to $1,500???????? Holy shit! I knew SB tickets were expensive but... Really? I'm sorry but there is not an event in the world I could think of that would be worth that kind of cash.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
$1500?!

I could get a return plane ticket to NY leaving tomorrow for that.

That's a thousand pounds. A fucking thousand pounds?! What the fuck kind of pricing strategy is that?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
$1500?!

I could get a return plane ticket to NY leaving tomorrow for that.

That's a thousand pounds. A freaking thousand pounds?! What the Freak kind of pricing strategy is that?

Supply and demand.

In this case, at that price, not so much demand. You hear that Goodell?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
New York City is awful this time of year.

Just wait until May when the draft comes, then it's the greatest place in the world to hang out. And I've been just about everywhere from Australia to Zimbabwe.