No idea who the Rams are interested in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s less than three weeks to the draft and so far we have only heard of two out of reach names that the Rams talked to.

I hope this means that they have gone all secret agent on prospects because in recent years it seems they get targets plucked from under their noses.

The draft talk between teams is much more open than I ever expected. It seems like a peculiar way to go about target to b players.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I expect it’s partly down to not knowing where they have a player pegged on their board. Plus, some of these projects surprise even the teams that draft them

One thing for sure though, the Rams are not just throwing darts and so must try hard to disguise exactly who they are red hot on. Otherwise I am sure lesser teams would pay notice

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've looked at 6 different sites that track prospect visits and 5 of them have some form of "check back later when more information is available" the other is WalterFootball with the 2 prospects we have no shot at drafting.

Braindead

UDFA
The Rams are a playoff team with no big holes to fill, so we will just draft BPA.

But what about the following year? As of now, next offseason we might lose (per overthecap.com)
RB: Henderson (UFA) , Jones (RFA), Calais (RFA), Hawkins (RFA)
DL: Robinson (Void), Gains (UFA), Hoecht (RFA), Copeland (RFA), Hollins (UFA), Brown (RFA)
DB: Rapp (UFA) , Long (UFA), Haley (UFA), Brooks (RFA), Gervase (UFA), Scott (UFA)

Of course, contracts will certainly be signed with some of these players and most of them are JAGs. But I think we should think further than next season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course, contracts will certainly be signed with some of these players and most of them are JAGs. But I think we should think further than next season.
That's pretty much been a staple of the Snead/McVay drafting. We drafted 2 IDL last year and a RB last year. We didn't really address the secondary which I hope we do this year and another RB.

Braindead

UDFA
That's pretty much been a staple of the Snead/McVay drafting. We drafted 2 IDL last year and a RB last year. We didn't really address the secondary which I hope we do this year and another RB.
I agree. We need to draft multiple DBs and should draft a RB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I expect it’s partly down to not knowing where they have a player pegged on their board. Plus, some of these projects surprise even the teams that draft them

One thing for sure though, the Rams are not just throwing darts and so must try hard to disguise exactly who they are red hot on. Otherwise I am sure lesser teams would pay notice
It was widely reported last season that they liked Eskridge. Then their interest in Harris, Tutu, and Hawkins was reported.

They ended up with three of those four players on the team, albeit Hawkins was a later PS signing. It’s always been puzzling why it’s all so transparent.

Just like the year Tavon was picked. Snead and Fisher went to watch him and their excitement was in the news. Did anyone not see the trade up coming?

Maybe this would be a good question to ask Jourdan about.

More than once now the Seahawks picked players that the Rams were said to like before the draft. Maybe they’d be better off doing all Zoom meetings with who they like and then do a bunch of fake visits to throw teams off…. At least with players targeted in the early picks range, rounds of 1 to 3 or 4.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
The Rams are a playoff team with no big holes to fill, so we will just draft BPA.

But what about the following year? As of now, next offseason we might lose (per overthecap.com)
RB: Henderson (UFA) , Jones (RFA), Calais (RFA), Hawkins (RFA)
DL: Robinson (Void), Gains (UFA), Hoecht (RFA), Copeland (RFA), Hollins (UFA), Brown (RFA)
DB: Rapp (UFA) , Long (UFA), Haley (UFA), Brooks (RFA), Gervase (UFA), Scott (UFA)

Why will we struggle to resign Robinson or/and Gaines? We should have the cap room. Unless Robinson, Gaines, Hollins and/or Henderson break out and have monster season they should all potentially be back if we want to keep them. The more I look at this squad the better it looks both short and long term

The key remains that we need to hit on some of the draft picks and keep picking up hidden gems through FA. I would think we will be one of the most active teams following the draft yet again as we keep turning the bottom of the roster over