NL Baseball Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't recall ever seeing the Dodgers win a series when the lose they first game. Now they're on the verge of falling behind 0-2 in the series. They've done a good job winning 6 consecutive division titles and giving themselves a chance in Ocotober. But it doesn't seem like they have that one pitcher they can count on.

Kershaw doesn't seem to be one of those October guys and now he's at the point in his career where he's lost 4 or 5 MPH on his fastball. If they ever want to win that elusive championship they need to find a starting pitcher they can count on. Kershaw isn't that guy and it doesn't appear that guy is on the current roster.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm pulling for the Dodgers to win it all because I think it does our Rams some good but is Manny Machado a piece of shit or did he just have a brain fart last night at 1st base?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pulling for the Dodgers to win it all because I think it does our Rams some good but is Manny Machado a piece of crap or did he just have a brain fart last night at 1st base?
He is a douche but Aguilar is as well. How many first basemen leave their foot in the middle of the bag on that routine play? Answer none they have it on the edge of the bag to give the runner room and to put themselves that much closer to the throw. Neither guy is faultless in this.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Olders, I’m just watching the game now and it seems that Milwaukee declared the staring pitcher to get the Dodgers to name a certain line up. After facing one batter the starter is pulled thus messing up the Dodgers line up. Is that ok or deemed to de disrespectful?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Olders, I’m just watching the game now and it seems that Milwaukee declared the staring pitcher to get the Dodgers to name a certain line up. After facing one batter the starter is pulled thus messing up the Dodgers line up. Is that ok or deemed to de disrespectful?
It’s a good strategy actually. He got the opposing manager to set his lineup then after one batter changed pitchers to throw a wrench in that lineup. That guy that pitched to one batter will start the next game now. The only draw back is he’s relying heavily on a bullpen that’s already been worked hard. But yeah imo it was a smart move and a good gamble to take because the Dodgers usually set their lineup to heavily reflect the
Itcher they’re facing.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't recall ever seeing the Dodgers win a series when the lose they first game. Now they're on the verge of falling behind 0-2 in the series. They've done a good job winning 6 consecutive division titles and giving themselves a chance in Ocotober. But it doesn't seem like they have that one pitcher they can count on.

Kershaw doesn't seem to be one of those October guys and now he's at the point in his career where he's lost 4 or 5 MPH on his fastball. If they ever want to win that elusive championship they need to find a starting pitcher they can count on. Kershaw isn't that guy and it doesn't appear that guy is on the current roster.
If I remember correctly, they lost the first 2 in Houston in the strike year of ‘81 then came back to win the last 3 to take the series. They then lost the first game to Montreal and ended up beating them and went on to beat the Yankees.
Nice to see Kershaw have a strong outing today!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was one hell of an AL playoff game tonight too.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s a good strategy actually. He got the opposing manager to set his lineup then after one batter changed pitchers to throw a wrench in that lineup. That guy that pitched to one batter will start the next game now. The only draw back is he’s relying heavily on a bullpen that’s already been worked hard. But yeah imo it was a smart move and a good gamble to take because the Dodgers usually set their lineup to heavily reflect the
Itcher they’re facing.

Thanks Olders but I guess ultimately it didn’t matter as the Dodgers did the business, which is rather pleasing I must say.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still think Houston will win, but I would love to see a Boston/LA World Series so I could talk a whole lot of smack in here lol.
Last time that happened Babe Ruth was pitching for the Sox. That's a crazy little fact I heard :o

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still think Houston will win, but I would love to see a Boston/LA World Series so I could talk a whole lot of smack in here lol.
Up 3-1 and you think Houston’s gonna win? Lol. No chance. I hope you close it out on Verlander. So sick of him and that team of whiners

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Up 3-1 and you think Houston’s gonna win? Lol. No chance. I hope you close it out on Verlander. So sick of him and that team of whiners

I really think this team is mediocre but we got 3 outs to go. Just don’t put Kimbrel in lol

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley a fan of Machado I see, superb work!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Mediocre? They’ve been the best team in baseball all season long
Now they get a week to rest

20% of their wins came against Orioles. See that is the problem with baseball now. Teams see what Houston and the Cubs before them did and that is tank. There are so many AAA teams in baseball now that winning a 100 is not really an accomplishment. Yankees, Astros and Sox all won 100?!!?!? That is messed up.

I really thought the Sox were built for the regular season and they have surprised me this postseason and did it basically without Sale. I am cautiously optimistic lol.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last time that happened Babe Ruth was pitching for the Sox. That's a crazy little fact I heard :eek:
In 1916 the Red Sox beat the Brooklyn Robins 4 games to 1. The Dodgers got their current nickname in 1932 after their longtime coach Wilbert Robinson retired in 1931. Robinson is in the Hall of game and the Robins got their nickname from him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
20% of their wins came against Orioles. See that is the problem with baseball now. Teams see what Houston and the Cubs before them did and that is tank. There are so many AAA teams in baseball now that winning a 100 is not really an accomplishment. Yankees, Astros and Sox all won 100?!!?!? That is messed up.

I really thought the Sox were built for the regular season and they have surprised me this postseason and did it basically without Sale. I am cautiously optimistic lol.
Dude. They won 108 games and took the last month off because they had no competition to win the division.
When they needed to, they crushed. Look what they did to the Yankees in that 4 game sweep. Men against boys