Nick Saban retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really? Who else is retiring?

I wonder now that Saban can no longer be one of four college teams to corner the market on five stars, because they are always in the BCS, that he decided to get out.

Or maybe he does not want to navigate the rough seas of the transfer portal.
Was referring overall to Saban, Carrol, and Belicheat.

And yes I'm sure the new version of college football has influenced his decision.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’ll miss him. May not have been the most approachable coach, but I’ll always respect his respect towards other teams.

I can think of two separate times in a blowout loss where he gained my respect: 1), where he left out his defensive tackle who had German suplexed Russell Hansbrough (our then true freshman running back) in for two plays for our offensive linemen to bury him on those two plays before pulling him out and visibly chewing him out on the sidelines; and 2), after the game when Eric Waters, our tight end got pretty badly hurt, one of the first things he said Waters was in his prayers. A blowout win, and the first thing he mentions is an injured player.

Definitely a coach I respect, and one of a dying breed.