NFL's top 10 offenses: Saints, Patriots, Steelers top list....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How are the 49ers not #1??? Doesn’t the author know that Garapolo is the greatest qb in the history of forever?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Minus the Defensive Touchdowns and the Special Teams Touchdowns, the tale of the tape gives us another view.

NFL Team Offensive Points per Game

1 New England 28.4
2 Philadelphia 26.7
3 LA Rams 26.4
4 New Orleans 26.1

5 Pittsburgh 25.5
6 Kansas City 24.1

2017 NFL Team Yards per Game
1 New England 405.4

2 New Orleans 390.4
3 Pittsburgh 387.8
4 Philadelphia 377.9
5 LA Chargers 376.6
6 Kansas City 372.5
7 Tampa Bay 363.4
8 LA Rams 361.5

2017 NFL Team Yards per Play
1 New Orleans 6.3

2 Kansas City 6.1
3 New England 6.0
4 LA Chargers 5.9
5 Pittsburgh 5.8
6 Atlanta 5.8
7 LA Rams 5.8

2017 NFL Team Offensive Touchdowns per Game
1 New England 3.2
2 Philadelphia 3.0
3 New Orleans 2.9
4 Pittsburgh 2.8
5 LA Rams 2.7

2017 OFFENSE EFFICIENCY RATINGS
1 NE 27.3%
2 NO 21.6%
3 PIT 17.6%
4 KC 15.7%
5 MIN 12.0%
6 LA Rams 11.1%

vCbYkzOHdNUHzWv-1600x900-noPad.jpg

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-points-per-game

You need to take away the 49ers game. In 15 games our starting offense averaged 27.3 ppg.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
@Florida_Ram what conclusions do you draw from those stats? Right off the bat I'd say the Chargers don't belong ahead of the Rams, nor Green Bay.

It was more about understanding others views than specific conclusions Elm...

I posted some of the offensive statistics and benchmarks that are reviewed by several NFL pundits when they breakdown who their top 10 offensive ranked teams.

Several respected in the NFL media prefer not to only use the Total Points Scored combined with the special teams and defensive points that supplement that category.

I myself wouldn't trade the Rams offense for any other teams going into the 2018 season.

I also can relate to why some of the NFL media buffs think our 2017 offense might have been a little overrated and that's why they don't crown the Rams as the best offense in 2017.

different-view-1.png

powerpistol03.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Lmao.
Patriots WR get an A- , lead by Julian Edlemen.
While Rams get a B, with Cooks, Woods and Kupp.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was more about understanding others views than specific conclusions Elm...

I posted some of the offensive statistics and benchmarks that are reviewed by several NFL pundits when they breakdown who their top 10 offensive ranked teams.

Several respected in the NFL media prefer not to only use the Total Points Scored combined with the special teams and defensive points that supplement that category.

I myself wouldn't trade the Rams offense for any other teams going into the 2018 season.

I also can relate to why some of the NFL media buffs think our 2017 offense might have been a little overrated and that's why they don't crown the Rams as the best offense in 2017.

different-view-1.png

powerpistol03.jpg

I am not saying the Rams should be on the top of he list, but there are at least two teams on there that I just can't understand how they are rated higher than the Rams.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I am not saying the Rams should be on the top of he list, but there are at least two teams on there that I just can't understand how they are rated higher than the Rams.

No doubt Elm... The benchmarks I posted for offense had nothing to do with justifying Wesseling's rankings.

The lowest I would rank the Rams last year would be #3. Maybe #4 if you wanted to get technical about their situational football and lack of production in the redzone in 2017.

I don't agree with Chris Wesseling's ranking order and I don't pay much attention to him. I believe the absolute lowest ranking for the Rams on paper going into the 2018 should be #4 or higher.

My whole point of posting the benchmark statistics was only to show why some of these NFL media pundits view the Rams lower than many of us on ROD rank them.

ROD is not like the NFL media. We know every detail of the Rams
How-Well-Do-You-Know-Your-Team-Football-Quiz-by-Ladbrokes-Sports.png

preseason2018set600.jpg