NFL’s Five Least Watchable Offenses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Precisely. What about this offense has been exciting to watch in the past decade?

Decade.

If they want to change that, then get away from that "run-first" mentality and utilize your new QB and all the receivers you drafted/signed over the past 3 years. Otherwise, it'll still be kinda boring to watch. Thankfully, we'll have a defense that makes the game as a whole pretty damn entertaining. And as long as they make the playoffs, the perception of the offense won't matter all that much anyway.

And can I add something here? The wording, puns and flow of ideas in that article are absolute garbage.
At this point I don't care about exciting....I care about effective. Lets win 10 games already.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At this point I don't care about exciting....I care about effective. Lets win 10 games already.
I'd be a liar if I said I didn't miss the GSOT, but you're right.
At this point it's moot. Do whatever it takes to win, and winning will be exciting.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd be a liar if I said I didn't miss the GSOT, but you're right.
At this point it's moot. Do whatever it takes to win, and winning will be exciting.
I had a friend at work when discussing the Rams draft ask....what would you do if they won every game 13-10. I said, try and buy Superbowl tickets.

RamzFanz

Damnit
...While I completely disagree with this inaccurate article, I also have no problem watching an average O waiting for the D and ST to take the field and destroy teams. Football joy can come in many packages.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Exactly! With our ferocious defense we really don't need to be exciting. We just need to manage the game and put points on the board when we drive down the field.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"so feel free to do the dishes or replace your home’s insulation during their prime-time games."

Would it kill the guy to do a little research? The Rams have 1, that is ONE Prime Time GAME
Not Games....

In general, I think the offense was fun to watch in the first half, dreadful to watch in the 3rd Q and a battle of will to suffer thru many 4th Q last year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No worries here the Ram offense has been not the greatest since Jeff Fisher was hired and now many changes loom on the horizon:

1. Coaching Staff...Schottenheimer is out and Frank Cignetti is in and although Cig (because we love to abbreviate OC's surname) has never coordinated at the NFL level, he has a ton of experience at the collegiate level and very well could be a better match with Fisher add in QB Coach Chris Weinke and Offensive Assistant Jeff Garcia topped off with added responsibilities of Rob Boras and there is no debating the staff on the offensive side of the ball has improved.
  2. Nick Foles...Pundits love Chip Kelly and his apparent losing confidence in Foles is good enough for them, but Foles brings to the Rams something they have not had in a while, stability. Toss in his leadership and his ability to rise to the occasion when the chips are down and IMO that's a recipe for success.
  3. Offensive Line...Let's face it, it's much better than last season with such castoffs of Jake Long, Scott Wells and Davin Joseph...Long could not stay healthy, Wells could not snap and Joseph could not block. The addition of the youngsters along with GROB and Saffold should be a far better upgrade and offer far more hope for Ram fans along the interior since the Doughnut brothers!

RamzFanz

Damnit
"so feel free to do the dishes or replace your home’s insulation during their prime-time games."

Would it kill the guy to do a little research? The Rams have 1, that is ONE Prime Time GAME
Not Games....

In general, I think the offense was fun to watch in the first half, dreadful to watch in the 3rd Q and a battle of will to suffer thru many 4th Q last year.

...and that is a valid point. The first quarter the Rams showed their potential with schotty's scripted drives. They crushed opponents. If Schotty had any play calling skills after that point, they could have been contenders, IMHO.

They surrendered a possession the first half with time on the clock and timeouts more times than I can recall. They came out the second half like Schotty napped during half time.

3rd and 19 from our 40? Run the ball up the middle. 2nd and goal from the 1? Pass it... to the other team.

Just replacing Schotty with ANYONE with balls will add excitement to this offense after the first quarter. I would pay Schotty just to email a scripted first Q though.

fearsomefour

Legend
Long could not stay healthy, Wells could not snap and Joseph could not block.
Haha, that about sums it up.
This reminds of a high school basketball coach of mine when talking to the team after a practice said, "Well guys....we may not be very tall, but, at least we are slow."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can live with a fairly boring offense. Four yards and a cloud of dust with a few big plays thrown in can win a lot of games - especially when your defense provides you with a short field the majority of the game. A ten minute drive starting from the 50 yard line suits me just fine.

Still I don't think we are going to be all that boring. I don't see us as a run it up the gut ground and pound so much as hitting the angles - off tackle and crease runs. Those kinds of runs inevitably make for some long carries and those are always exciting.

But don't downplay our tall and also our quick receivers. From the sounds of things, the Rams are working on a lot of quick hitters in the passing game. I think our receivers have great skill sets for those kinds of plays with the occasional go route and double move thrown in.

fearsomefour

Legend
I can live with a fairly boring offense. Four yards and a cloud of dust with a few big plays thrown in can win a lot of games - especially when your defense provides you with a short field the majority of the game. A ten minute drive starting from the 50 yard line suits me just fine.

Still I don't think we are going to be all that boring. I don't see us as a run it up the gut ground and pound so much as hitting the angles - off tackle and crease runs. Those kinds of runs inevitably make for some long carries and those are always exciting.

But don't downplay our tall and also our quick receivers. From the sounds of things, the Rams are working on a lot of quick hitters in the passing game. I think our receivers have great skill sets for those kinds of plays with the occasional go route and double move thrown in.
Amen brotha!!
If the D can't stop the run and this S starting coming into the box play action to guys line Britt, Quick and Cook could be huge plays.

ram007

Starter
Rams will be 12-4 or better in 2015. With all the Offensive changes and Nick Foles, the offense will be efficient. How are you going to stop this defense?

Media just needs to see Rams as an NFL team not NFC West team behind Cardinals and Seahawks. Seahawks are going to be competitive, no doubt. 49ers are a mess. Cardinals have the classic look of 12 win team only to end up 2-14.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
What? No mention of the horrible OC running the offense. I am reserving judgement on this offense until I see it is action with a competent OC this year.
The article about the Rams was so absurd it was funny.

jap

Legend
It is going to really help to have a rookie RB who is capable of creating his own holes and taking maximum advantage of holes created for him. Not to even talk about play action opportunities once the Gurley Train is on the move!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on history, yeah... the offense was... well, offensive.

But the article references the changes... so I'm going to assume that the writer is going to assume that they'll still be bad/boring.

I just don't know how you can say that with all the changes that have been made since the last season.

The offense is the single most intriguing part of the upcoming Rams season to me.