NFL unveils structure of 2021 offseason program

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder
NFL unveils structure of 2021 offseason program

The Rams and the NFL's other 31 teams now have a clear picture of what this year's offseason program will look like.

Unveiled by the league Wednesday via a memo sent to each team, the nine-week program will begin Monday, April 19 and run through Friday, June 18. The entire program is voluntary, with the exception of one mandatory minicamp.

Here's a closer look at each of the three phases that will make up the program:

Phase 1 – Four weeks (April 19 to May 14)
  • The first phase will include virtual meetings, up to two hours per day at team's discretion.
  • No on-field drills or work with coaches
  • Facility and weight room capacity limits remain in place.
  • Teams will make every effort to have the vaccine available for players, families, and families during the first phase.
Phase 2 – One week (May 17 to May 21)
  • Virtual meetings
  • On-field drills with coaches allowed, as dictated by CBA rules – meaning no contact/teaching pace
  • Rookie Football Development Programs may begin Monday, May 17 – five days per week for a period of seven consecutive weeks; no mandatory or voluntary activities on weekends except for the team's three-day post-draft rookie minicamp. All Rookie Football Development Programs will end Friday, July 2.
  • Rookie minicamps can be held the first or second week after the NFL Draft (the draft is scheduled to take place April 29-May 1 in Cleveland, Ohio).
Phase 3 – Four Weeks (May 24 to June 18)
  • Ten traditional organized team activities – full speed, but no contact
  • Meetings can be conducted virtually or in-person
  • Includes mandatory minicamp
COVID-19 protocols for the program include:
  • Daily testing with Mesa test
  • Staff vaccination protocols
  • Other regular season protocols in place, such as masks, distancing, etc.
There is no change in Rookie Football Development Program or post-draft Rookie minicamp.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
No mention of the obvious?

Namely, all parties get their vaccination?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disappointing. Hope that doesn't bite them in the ass.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
And there will be an incredibly high number of soft tissue and tendon injuries yet again early in the season and teams will be sloppy as hell also. Fans won't be shocked but the reporters and the players will be.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Give me an inch

Why should millionaires playing a game be expected to show up for work:rolleyes:

We live in a new world. They are perfectly allowed to do what they want when something is voluntary.

I get a kick out of those that think this will affect a team's season. The good ones will be good, the bad ones will remain bad.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Right and the ones who are willing to do the voluntary work and put in the extra time will be ahead of those who think they can get by without working hard.
It'll be interesting to find out but I disagree. Most if not all players are already "working hard" and putting in the "extra time" by working out in the offseason, well before the "voluntary" period. Also just because they're not attending in person doesn't mean that they won't organize virtual sessions just like last year. Many teams have shortened or minimized camps every year, I doubt that there's a difference in wins for those that do and for those that don't.

But if you want to be salty over a millionaire's work schedule go for it:beer2:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
About 10 teams in total

15 teams now
Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins, Los Angeles Rams, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, New York Giants, Las Vegas Raiders, Chicago Bears, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Baltimore Ravens and Philadelphia Eagles

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Right and the ones who are willing to do the voluntary work and put in the extra time will be ahead of those who think they can get by without working hard.
I dont believe ad has ever done any voluntary work. I could be wrong though.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Early on he did, but he held out for several years and missed them. In 2019, he was there but they had him sitting a lot because he would wreck the offense... so he didn’t get much work then, anyway

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

NFL is lifting COVID-19 constraints on vaccinated players​

The NFL is lifting the constraints on players who have been vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus.

According to a memo sent to all 32 clubs Friday and obtained by the Los Angeles Times, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that players who are vaccinated will no longer be required to undergo daily testing, will not have to submit to lengthy “entry” testing following travel, and will not have to quarantine if identified as a “high-risk close contact” with an infected individual.

“There is no question that being vaccinated is the single most important step that anyone can take to be protected — and to protect others — from the virus,” Goodell wrote.

Goodell said all clubs should continue efforts to educate about available vaccines to maximize vaccine acceptance among staffs, players and family members.

The league has engaged the pharmacy chain CVS to hold individual vaccination clinics at club facilities, and 14 clubs already have hosted on-site vaccination opportunities.

“The NFL and NFLPA, and our respective experts, have been monitoring national vaccination efforts and the data demonstrating the effectiveness of these vaccines,” Goodell wrote.

“Based on the advice of our medical and scientific experts, the parties have agreed to modify the Covid protocols to reflect the reduced risk of infection and transmission for fully vaccinated individuals.”

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I dont believe ad has ever done any voluntary work. I could be wrong though.

I’d say your absolutely wrong. He just works out all year long..Mcvay will let him off when need be.

—I look back at The Rams front office sometimes and scratch my head.Dumb is dumb.I could get into it,but I’ll stay positive.Aaron Donald is an excellent example though of why OTA’s can work better from zoom.
I believe it will keep players more out of trouble.It will not be hard to see how dedicated a player is.
—Learning & lessons can be extremely productive this way as well.