NFL teams split record $8.78B in revenue, Rams earn $274.3M

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
gettyimages-1097154588.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | July 12, 2019 4:13 pm ET

All that talk about the NFL being on the decline seems unsubstantiated when looking at how much money the league makes each year. Revenue is up more than ever and has increased in all but one year since 2011.

On Friday, it was reported that the league shared $8.78 billion in national revenue with all 32 teams, according to Darren Rovell of The Action Network. The Rams and the 31 other teams will each get $274.3 million for the past year’s revenue, per to the Packers’ public financial figures.

Inhabit;ord=7581270345285.76;dc_seg=756255014

Revenue is up 33 percent since 2013 when each team earned $187.7 million. Last year, the split was $255.9 million each.

With revenue increasing year after year and the salary cap growing with each passing season, it’s easy to see why players are getting paid more than ever before. Granted, their contracts don’t match those of players in the NBA and MLB, but NFL stars are still getting paid handsomely.

oldnotdead

Legend
That is why owners like the Spanos family don't have any incentive to build a championship team. They get their money and that's all that matters to them.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is just the shared revenue. That's not the local ticket sales kept by the team, or hot dogs, beer, etc. and any other revenues not shared. Basically, the shared revenues guarantee teams profits, and nice ones. Other revenues just add on to it.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm sure the players union is using the season length to leverage a bigger piece of the pie. Rosters should increase and base pays should go up as well. I'm talking about a bigger percentage. Afterall it's their health being put at risk.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2019 NFL Salary Cap set at $188million, with these newly received record shared profits topping $274 million per team, look for the 2020 per team CAP to break $200 million. That big new contract which is coming for Goff just got a bit easier, and with less strain on the remainder of the roster. jmo.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NFL Announces Plan to Hold all Prices for 2019

Developing story

fearsomefour

Legend
But....but.....but......the people walking away....the political turmoil....the empty seats....the concussions....kids playing video games.....

I thought the NFL was in a death spiral?

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But....but.....but......the people walking away....the political turmoil....the empty seats....the concussions....kids playing video games.....

I thought the NFL was in a death spiral?
I was thinking that very same thing.