NFL Sunday Ticket $6 Billion Class-Action Lawsuit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a good idea.
It would take games away from networks and teams would sign deals with Cable companies.

The Dodgers have the worst TV deal I’ve ever seen.
The rights are owned by a cable company.
The only way I can even get the right to purchase Prime Ticket, is if I buy an expensive package.

Right now we use Spectrum Streaming.
Prime ticket isn’t even offered.
Spectrum Cable has it, but again, you have to purchase one of their expensive packages, just to get the right to add on Prime Ticket….at an additional cost.

I can switch to DirectTV, but it’s the same.
Prime Ticket isn’t available on their cheaper plans, even though it’s a separate add on.

I use to be able to come home from work and turn on the Dodger game on local networks.
That all ended when the Dodgers fucked their fans over and made that cable deal.

I’ve tried getting around it by signing up for the MLB package with a VPN.
That didn’t work either.
MLB is all over those VPNs and still black out the local games.

I didn’t watch one Dodger game last year.

The tv packages the NFL have are fan friendly, especially to their local networks.
They even lifted black outs years ago.

I’m with the NFL on this 100%
Same with me! Not a single game. I focus on the Rams and I love the Dodgers, but the Rams are way easier to enjoy. The Dodgers may as well play on Mars because I can't afford to see them. I just watch the highlights on youtube the next day.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks to regional broadcast rights, neither the NY Rangers nor the NJ Devils can be seen on Comcast/Xfinity where I live. (Central NJ)
Its been several years now.
The real kick in the balls is that they also get blacked out when they are featured on NHL network or ESPN/ESPN+
The good news for me is that I'm a Bruins fan and watch as much as I can, ESPN+ etc

muggmeister

Rookie
I dunno. I think the price for the NFL ticket is fair. I spent more on a dinner for 4 last week. It's all relative. Not blaming those that can't or do not want to pay, but for me, it's a small expense for what I get.

RedZone is a cheaper alternative for those that want to see most of the good action.....and as noted above, apparently the streams are much more reliable now?

I do wish we had the option to buy games a LA carte tho....

CWUTIDIDTHAR?
Personally I don't mind paying the Sunday Ticket price (at early season discount) because I know what I spend if I have to go Buffalo Wild Wings every Sunday to watch the games. Every Sunday used to cost me over $30 week (minimum, beer and wings aren't free) and then I have to drive home after consuming a few beverages while enjoying the games. No more indivudalized, specialized streaming, put it all in one place and don't alienate your customers while charging exorbitant prices. Unfortunately, the NFL and Roger Goodell WILL fuck this up and greed will take over. This shit won't get better for the customers no matter what happens with this lawsuit.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Folks, streaming is FREE AS CAN BE !!! As long as you have a fast internet connection-modem and all that you are good to go.
Sunday Ticket is in no way a bargain anyway you want cut it.
Its about the principal. Not bending over to the NFL , corporations,big business that does not give a FUCK about you.
Hey, I had Sunday Ticket longer than any of you. From day one.
I can afford it, just won't grab my ankles. I make good money, own everything, no payments.
Its actually lighting that good money on fire that could be put to use somewhere else. I would give it to the Salvation Army before those fucks.
See, a bunch of dweebs are in a office are sitting there figuring out ways to grab us by the ankles and shake every dime out of us.
Fight back. Our dollars matter. Give them the Bud Light treatment.
Again, I never missed a moment of the Rams this year. Red Zone is free too. Watch them on my laptop and get it up on the flat screen.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Folks, streaming is FREE AS CAN BE !!! As long as you have a fast internet connection-modem and all that you are good to go.
Nothing is free.
You still have to pay for internet
Alas, I'm certainly not above illegally streaming, I do it all the time. It is however theft.
Again, I'm not casting aspersions at doing it, its just not justifiable for "striking back at the man"

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
As long as they don’t fuck about with Game Pass, I’m happy. £151 per year for almost every game live, plus those that aren’t live available on replay, is a bargain.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Nothing is free.
You still have to pay for internet
Alas, I'm certainly not above illegally streaming, I do it all the time. It is however theft.
Again, I'm not casting aspersions at doing it, its just not justifiable for "striking back at the man"
"casting aspersions" Yeah, kinda.
U Tube got it and did nothing for the long time DTV guys. Fuck them.
I paid 1200$ for my own system in a box and installed it myself in the early 90s. 1200$ 90s money was a lot back then. I did more to watch my Rams than just about any of you.
So my opinions are valid, like anyone else's.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I’m not paying $80 or more a month, only for Dodger games.
Something I use to get included with any local package.

The main thing?
for years, Prime wasn’t even available to everyone, because the cable provider didn’t have contracts in many areas.
Customers don’t have access to every cable provider. Every Customer has a few choices that cover their city.

And I entirely disagree with Ohtanis’ deal.
It’s ridiculous.
What's ridiculous about it???

They landed the best player in the game and most of that is deferred so it allows them payroll flexibility to add other pieces, Like Yamammoto. Not to mention all the revenue it will bring in as well.

Absolutely fantastic deal for LA.

To each his own about the money to watch the Dodgers; times changes not everything is free anymore, does it suck, yes it does. Sometimes we gotta pay for something we want. 162 games a year to me is worth it, but everyone can spend their money how they wish.

Go Dodgers!

brucebruce

Rookie
I paid 1200$ for my own system in a box and installed it myself in the early 90s. 1200$ 90s money was a lot back then. I did more to watch my Rams than just about any of you.

do what you want. most of us have streamed something illegally but at some point we grow up and pay up. it's pennies in the grand scheme. and it's convenient and reliable. youtube records it all and i can watch without commercials or halftime. i'd happily pay $1k/year. heck, it costs me $2k just to attend a rams game. watching from home is more enjoyable personally.

and i'd rather spend time thinking about making money or enjoying free time rather than trying to deal with all of the streaming quirks.

the 'dtv had it free' flag has no place in what is going on today. things change. some for the better, some not. also the corporations are evil schtick is tiresome.

the call to arms to stream illegally and argue for it is perplexing.

different strokes man.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
NFL should've never left Sunday Ticket for YoutubeTV, as it was better when you could just pick a 700 channel rather than the clunky interface YT has. I stream at home but the house I visit to watch multiple games on 4 TVs has YT and they don't like it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What's ridiculous about it???

They landed the best player in the game and most of that is deferred so it allows them payroll flexibility to add other pieces, Like Yamammoto. Not to mention all the revenue it will bring in as well.

Absolutely fantastic deal for LA.

To each his own about the money to watch the Dodgers; times changes not everything is free anymore, does it suck, yes it does. Sometimes we gotta pay for something we want. 162 games a year to me is worth it, but everyone can spend their money how they wish.

Go Dodgers!
We’ll see if he can stay on the field.

Don’t count on him pitching this year either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would youtube do anything for DTV subscribers?
I had DTV for 15 years, some years I was able to get them to give me the ticket for free, when they didnt, I paid for it, because it was a quality product

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Why would youtube do anything for DTV subscribers?
I had DTV for 15 years, some years I was able to get them to give me the ticket for free, when they didnt, I paid for it, because it was a quality product
They do not have give it for free. But a discount for 30 year customers would be a nice thing. Building loyalty with new customers is a smart move. Shaking every dime out of them is not.
BTW, that was probably some little girls cat.
Cats are cool.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They do not have give it for free. But a discount for 30 year customers would be a nice thing. Building loyalty with new customers is a smart move. Shaking every dime out of them is not.
BTW, that was probably some little girls cat.
Cats are cool.
Do you get a discount from the gas station you get gas from when they change to a new company? You know, for loyalty?
Did Direct TV reward you for loyalty? If not, shame on them.
Youtube is rewarding Youtube paying customers with discount on the service
Seems like your idea of loyalty only goes 1 way.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ouch. Well here's to the current 33 views then lol. :clinkingbeer:

I'm just messing. Probably nothing gonna happen. And even if it does people will pay for it. Saw it with peacock and the playoffs are highest rated games ever. Anytime anyone talks about NFL ratings decline i tune out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fuck the NFL and really Fuck U Tube.
"insisting" on high prices.
Get the fuck out of here.
DTV gave it to me for free for years.
Thing is, I streamed any game I wanted to for FREE last year and did not miss any of them.
Streaming is much better now.
And it free,FREE, FREE!!!
Every time I try to stream a game, it starts out great and after a quarter it starts to freeze then it restarts a few minutes later and I miss plays

Q729

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just messing. Probably nothing gonna happen. And even if it does people will pay for it. Saw it with peacock and the playoffs are highest rated games ever. Anytime anyone talks about NFL ratings decline i tune out.
Guess people have caught the streaming bug and not going back anytime soon. Make it easy for people to get, they'll get it.

Sucks if you don't have a strong enough signal in this digital age you're plagued with shit just freezing. At least with the ole rabbit ears you could still hear the shit while the screen ghosted or got all squiggly. :laugh1:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL should've never left Sunday Ticket for YoutubeTV, as it was better when you could just pick a 700 channel rather than the clunky interface YT has. I stream at home but the house I visit to watch multiple games on 4 TVs has YT and they don't like it.
NFL didn’t decide, Direct tv dropped it.
Outside of the first half of the Dallas game, I didn’t have any streaming glitches on the youtube platform. After having the ticket for 15 years, I can honestly say it was better on YouTube. Had the Rams game on my big screen via Apple TV, had redzone on my IPad and surfed the other games on my laptop all at the same time.