NFL Rumors: Nov-05 Trade Deadline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

NFL rumors: Matthew Stafford's Rams situation is 'one to watch' ahead of trade deadline​

The Los Angeles Rams have had a terrible start to the 2024 NFL season. Los Angeles has dealt with a ton of injuries on the offensive side of the ball, which has kept them from winning games. The Rams are 1-4 and at the bottom of the NFC West heading into their Week 6 bye. Now trade rumors are beginning to bubble surrounding the Rams.

Rams QB Matthew Stafford is someone the rumor mill is talking about, per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano. In their most recent article, Graziano pitches the idea that Matthew Stafford could be traded at the deadline if the Rams can't start winning games. Fowler had an emphatic response to the question.

“Definitely,” Fowler began. “The Rams have looked at Stafford's future as a year-to-year proposition. His reworked contract last offseason reflects that, pushing his 2024 pay into the $40 million range but lessening his guarantees in 2025, essentially allowing both sides to decide whether they want to remain married at that point.”

Those same contract moves could make Stafford an easy QB to trade. Any team trading for him could easily view him as a one-year rental who could become more depending on how things pans out.

“This is a situation to watch closely, because neither player nor team seems to know how or when it will end,” Fowler continued. “Stafford is 36 and has dealt with injuries recently. Does he want to play after this season?”

The injuries that the Rams have suffered on offense have nearly wrecked the season already. Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua are the main offensive weapons who are hurt, as well as multiple offensive linemen.

Fowler notes that it is unclear who would be interested in Stafford. However, the Las Vegas Raiders jump to mind as a team with a glaring need at QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lots of speculation the Commodes to be buyers at WR.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/washington-Commodes/cooper-kupp-trade-super-bowl-mvp

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we lose another game, I'd part with him for two 1st rounders. Then we could start the real rebuild next year with 3 first round picks.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah every team wants to trade for a TE that's injured.
No need for the snark.

He was in heavy competition with Bowers in camp and preseason but was quickly outclassed by a better player. The coach is on borrowed time and making statements with playing time vs what he thinks is sufficient effort on the field. His absence now is not medical but rather about some sort of personal issue.

I think there's a good chance the Raiders will make him available. And maybe he'd be up for a change of scenery to a team that could use him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No need for the snark.

He was in heavy competition with Bowers in camp and preseason but was quickly outclassed by a better player. The coach is on borrowed time and making statements with playing time vs what he thinks is sufficient effort on the field. His absence now is not medical but rather about some sort of personal issue.

I think there's a good chance the Raiders will make him available. And maybe he'd be up for a change of scenery to a team that could use him.
Was intended to be humor not snark :D

Yes he was a high draft pick yes he could be a sought after player and he's not even hurt. He's on that to deal with a personal issue. Similar to what led a lot of people to dislike Stetson Bennett even more around here. He's out because of off field issues which nobody knows what they are.

I've always like the kid but with this current issue it's hard to tell when or if he'll be back this year. So as good as he is it's impossible to trade for him anything other than a conditional pick and the variance on the condition IMO might be more than the NFL will allow.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Was intended to be humor not snark :D

Yes he was a high draft pick yes he could be a sought after player and he's not even hurt. He's on that to deal with a personal issue. Similar to what led a lot of people to dislike Stetson Bennett even more around here. He's out because of off field issues which nobody knows what they are.

I've always like the kid but with this current issue it's hard to tell when or if he'll be back this year. So as good as he is it's impossible to trade for him anything other than a conditional pick and the variance on the condition IMO might be more than the NFL will allow.
My concern with him is simply that he's marginal as hell in the pattern. I think he's too limited athletically. It's also why I think the Raiders will be eager to move him if they hear anything they remotely like as an offer.

The other stuff is a concern too but since teams don't say shit about the details it's impossible to form a take on it. But there are a lot of issues potentially that might not be as problematic if he gets an offer for a fresh start somewhere else. Depending on what it is. So I'd say there's probably a 60-70% chance, somewhere in that kind of range, that he's moved. More likely than not basically.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My concern with him is simply that he's marginal as hell in the pattern. I think he's too limited athletically. It's also why I think the Raiders will be eager to move him if they hear anything they remotely like as an offer.

The other stuff is a concern too but since teams don't say shit about the details it's impossible to form a take on it. But there are a lot of issues potentially that might not be as problematic if he gets an offer for a fresh start somewhere else. Depending on what it is. So I'd say there's probably a 60-70% chance, somewhere in that kind of range, that he's moved. More likely than not basically.
I think with the uncertainty of what the issue is I'd go the reverse a 60-70% chance he isn't moved. Also could lead to him being a free agent before too long. That's just the usual 2 cents from me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I thought we came up with some silly trades for the Rams! LOLOLOL

3tkt2o7d47ud1.jpeg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, with age and salary I don't see more than a 2nd plus a 3rd.
How many more losses trigger this trade? Only 3 more games before deadline.

And then who plays QB for the Rams? JG?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

NFL rumors: Matthew Stafford's Rams situation is 'one to watch' ahead of trade deadline​

The Los Angeles Rams have had a terrible start to the 2024 NFL season. Los Angeles has dealt with a ton of injuries on the offensive side of the ball, which has kept them from winning games. The Rams are 1-4 and at the bottom of the NFC West heading into their Week 6 bye. Now trade rumors are beginning to bubble surrounding the Rams.

Rams QB Matthew Stafford is someone the rumor mill is talking about, per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano. In their most recent article, Graziano pitches the idea that Matthew Stafford could be traded at the deadline if the Rams can't start winning games. Fowler had an emphatic response to the question.

“Definitely,” Fowler began. “The Rams have looked at Stafford's future as a year-to-year proposition. His reworked contract last offseason reflects that, pushing his 2024 pay into the $40 million range but lessening his guarantees in 2025, essentially allowing both sides to decide whether they want to remain married at that point.”

Those same contract moves could make Stafford an easy QB to trade. Any team trading for him could easily view him as a one-year rental who could become more depending on how things pans out.

“This is a situation to watch closely, because neither player nor team seems to know how or when it will end,” Fowler continued. “Stafford is 36 and has dealt with injuries recently. Does he want to play after this season?”

The injuries that the Rams have suffered on offense have nearly wrecked the season already. Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua are the main offensive weapons who are hurt, as well as multiple offensive linemen.

Fowler notes that it is unclear who would be interested in Stafford. However, the Las Vegas Raiders jump to mind as a team with a glaring need at QB.

Why did they call it nfl rumours?

It should have been called "two nimrods from some network pitching trade ideas to waste time away".

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
The time to trade Stafford would have been in 2022 when we had Mayfield on our roster. Yes, he was injured, but he's now 2 years older and our SB win is farther in our rear view. If we didn't pull a trade then, I see it even more unlikely right now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The time to trade Stafford would have been in 2022 when we had Mayfield on our roster. Yes, he was injured, but he's now 2 years older and our SB win is farther in our rear view. If we didn't pull a trade then, I see it even more unlikely right now.
They claimed Baker off waivers in December, well after the trade deadline and he was a UFA as soon as the season ended.
So they weren’t ever on the roster at the same time where a trade could be worked out.