NFL roster cuts 2019; Deadline date, schedule, rules, practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Reference the OL

The cuts of Hitman, Kaskey & Hrynkiewicz were not a surprise to me...I thought that VH turned in a better performance @ OG & OC than Demby, but Demby is still under considerations for release I bet.

The injury of OC Aaron Neary sealed the deal for OC Jeremiah Kolone to finally make a 53 player roster. I still believe that a healthy Neary & JK would be PS material. JK over Neary is not a positive @ the moment. But still JK played the entire game last night & it was mistake free. (y)

I expect to see Neary being placed on IR with future considerations later in the season to bring him back if healthy. Neary stands to be a ultra low cost salary cap hit until 2022, same as JK. Neary is a much better fit for this Kromer scheme than Kolone.

Rams need to groom two OG's for 2020. I just do not believe that Demby is a future starting OG for Kromer. Chandler Brewer turned in a much better overall performance @ four different posts than Demby too. CB might be starting RG material next season. He has great size @ 6-6 320 pounds something currently lacking @ RG. I would prefer CB over Demby by a large degree.

David Edwards & Bobby Evans have made the 53 player roster. Edwards turned out to be a very big good surprise. Evans was a surprise too, but not in a positive way. Rams need Evans to be a starting OG prospect for 2020. At the moment I do not see it. Evans best performance came @ only one post. That's when he was playing RT. Just so happens Edwards performance @ RT was much better so was Chandler Brewer. Edwards' play @ both OG posts was also far superior to Evans. Edwards from this point on has to be the best future starting left OG in 2020 to replace Noteboom.

Its obvious that I am pulling for Brewer over Demby.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ramik Wilson also cut. Could be a litmus test for where we feel our ILB depth rests.

oldnotdead

Legend
Just remember Brewer only played OG for the most part. He wasn't asked or expected to play all o-line positions. If Brewer is in line for anything it would be to be groomed strictly as an OG for next year. That in mind, I would expect him to play better than Demby who is a converted OT as is Evans. So in that context how would you expect Brewer to play if he was asked to play all 5 o-line positions? What was encouraging is that Demby's play was better and smoother in the last two games. He still struggled at LT but that is to be expected.

I like Brewer and would love to see if he can replace Blythe at RG. But it's clear the Rams are keeping Blythe in place this year. I simply hope he plays better because he really struggled against top competition like the Saints.

Just remember the two backup guys that played the o-line the best were Edwards and Brewer, both of whom spent the majority of their snaps at their base positions OT & OG respectively. The guys like Evans, Demby, and others who struggled were played much of the time out of position. This is something I don't like about Kromer's approach. There is no way to really judge a young inexperienced player's play by constantly playing them out of position. Call me old school, but I think the transition from college to the NFL at o-line is tough enough without expecting them to learn a myriad of other positions at the same time.

I think Edwards, Demby, and Evans will be okay and their play will improve with time. I would be really surprised if Brewer isn't on the PS.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Nothing to get excited about today. Wait till tomorrow when more familiar names start being cut, then you can all get yourselves worked up into a frenzy. And who knows maybe there will be some drama yet. A trade here, a pickup there, yes tomorrow, maybe, just maybe, we’ll have some fun yet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not smart enough to sort out the OLine cuts, but if Dakota Allen doesn't make the final cut i'll be left scratching my head.

That term has a nose for the football comes to mind and the dude looks to stop mutherfuckers in their tracks when he tackles.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He didnt implode, we let him go so we could get Fowler half way through last season.
Call it what you want. But we chose JoJo over him when he came off injured reserve. We also waived him a month after we traded for Fowler not in conjunction. Pharoh never really was the same after that playoff game with ATL. And though you want to put that game on the offense, two muffed punts was a huge factor in the loss as was losing Brockers.

I really don't get why you want a guy that couldn't even stick with one of the worst teams in the league - especially when he did virtually nothing for us beyond being a very good punt returner for a short time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cuts are coming in fast and furious!

Vikings finally cutting the cord on Treadwell, there is a wr bust. Tank Carrediene or however you spell it. Bengals cutting last years 3rd round pick(?) Malik Jefferson. Lots of action going on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raiders cut Keelan Doss and the Pats seem to have cut Braxton Berrios. Two draft picks cut coming out of camp gotta think they want them on the PS.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The Scottish Hammer wins the Browns punting job over multiple pro bowler Dustin Colquitt. Jamie Gillan is from my home town and he's a pup at 21 years old, go fucking get them you wonderful bastard.

Edit: I did NOT know there were two punters called Colquitt. It's not Dustin, pro bowl chiefs punter, but Britton, super bowl winning Browns punter. Either way, you're killing it Jamie.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Raiders cut Keelan Doss and the Pats seem to have cut Braxton Berrios. Two draft picks cut coming out of camp gotta think they want them on the PS.

These are the type of cuts that make you realize Webster would likely make it to the PS.... We tend to overvalue our own players.