NFL Power Rankings Post Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rams: 13th!

Last Year's Record: 6-10

Biggest Acquisition: Todd Gurley is the player Jeff Fisher has been looking for since Eddie George got old and crumbled to dust while standing in the Titans huddle. Gurley can make the Rams the team Jeff Fisher wants them to be; think of 40 handoffs and 10 play-action passes as the ideal game plan.

Biggest Departure: The Sam Bradford trade ends what was essentially an era of injury limbo. The release of left tackle Jake Long changes the complexion of an offensive line that has been a money-and-resource sink in recent years.

Little Move That Mattered: Releasing both Long and Scott Wells while letting Joe Barksdale drift in free agency made the Rams' draft strategy crystal clear while sending the message that the team was ready to cut bait on past mistakes.

Draft in a Nutshell: Gurley, then blocker, blocker, more blockers, lots of blockers, extra blockers and some offensive linemen. Sean Mannion provides developmental quarterback intrigue behind Nick Foles.

Best-Case Scenario: Gurley is ready to play in the season opener, five offensive linemen emerge from the crowd, the Rams defensive line lives up to its billing and the Rams become the scariest trench warriors in the league, going 11-5 on the strength of final scores like 19-6.

Worst-Case Scenario: The Rams figure out a way of losing shutouts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...does-every-team-stand-after-the-draft/page/21

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Gurley, then blocker, blocker, more blockers, lots of blockers, extra blockers and some offensive linemen." :)

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Rams: 13th!

Last Year's Record: 6-10

Biggest Acquisition: Todd Gurley is the player Jeff Fisher has been looking for since Eddie George got old and crumbled to dust while standing in the Titans huddle. Gurley can make the Rams the team Jeff Fisher wants them to be; think of 40 handoffs and 10 play-action passes as the ideal game plan.

Biggest Departure: The Sam Bradford trade ends what was essentially an era of injury limbo. The release of left tackle Jake Long changes the complexion of an offensive line that has been a money-and-resource sink in recent years.

Little Move That Mattered: Releasing both Long and Scott Wells while letting Joe Barksdale drift in free agency made the Rams' draft strategy crystal clear while sending the message that the team was ready to cut bait on past mistakes.

Draft in a Nutshell: Gurley, then blocker, blocker, more blockers, lots of blockers, extra blockers and some offensive linemen. Sean Mannion provides developmental quarterback intrigue behind Nick Foles.

Best-Case Scenario: Gurley is ready to play in the season opener, five offensive linemen emerge from the crowd, the Rams defensive line lives up to its billing and the Rams become the scariest trench warriors in the league, going 11-5 on the strength of final scores like 19-6.

Worst-Case Scenario: The Rams figure out a way of losing shutouts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...does-every-team-stand-after-the-draft/page/21

OK, so beating my same old drum for the day, this guy gets it, and he has to write about about every team in the league. Why don't Jeff Gordon and Jim Thomas get it?!?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, so beating my same old drum for the day, this guy gets it, and he has to write about about every team in the league. Why don't Jeff Gordon and Jim Thomas get it?!?

I think people just get butthurt when the team doesn't do what they think it should. What they did in this draft was freaking bold and a complete surprise to the pundits. In retrospect, it makes a lot of sense, take the value and change a weakness to a strength.

What I wonder is what would they have done if Gurley wasn't there? What was plan B?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think people just get butthurt when the team doesn't do what they think it should. What they did in this draft was freaking bold and a complete surprise to the pundits. In retrospect, it makes a lot of sense, take the value and change a weakness to a strength.

What I wonder is what would they have done if Gurley wasn't there? What was plan B?

I'd have to think they weren't going to take Gordon. Just too similar to what we already have IMO.

Athos

Legend

Because the PD writers are hacks outside of Dave Matter who's awesome and shouldn't be surrounded by idiots.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because the PD writers are hacks outside of Dave Matter who's awesome and shouldn't be surrounded by idiots.
Is it just me or is it really sad that we are talking about hacks from the bleacher being far better than the hacks on the PD? Sad commentary right there - eh?

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

Melvin Gordon. And that's a pretty good plan B, imho. Perhaps a bit of a reach at 10, but he's likewise special.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Melvin Gordon. And that's a pretty good plan B, imho. Perhaps a bit of a reach at 10, but he's likewise special.
Maybe..I see Gordon as more of a slight upgrade over Tre Mason..When I watch Gurley, I see a guy that breaks tackles and maintains balance for more yards or for a TD. My eyes tell that Gurley will be a great one, lets hope they aint lyin'!;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nah - we got the guy that allowed Gordon to be special. Think what Gurley could have done with that line and that level of competition. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So IF we resigned Barksdale, who would be starting at guard? Can Havenstein do it? Or is Jamon Brown the likely candidate?

Limey

Rookie
Gordon had 7 fumbles in 14 games last year. It has been suggested that Stacy went to the doghouse for fumbling, so I'm not sure that Fisher would have gone for him. Gurley only had 1 albeit in fewer games, but only 2 in a full season the year before.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Careful, your statement could apply to some on this board! :eek:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

They would have picked BPA at 10 and still gone down the monster blocker routes. Mason and Stacy would be beasts behind these big guys.