NFL passing leaders through 10 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It all depends on the Coaching how good he becomes, he has the tools, I think the game has slowed down for him this year, but it's the coaching that will make him elite and talked about in the same breath as Brady, Rodgers, Brees et al.

Zero

Pro Bowler
To throw the Marino/Elway/Montana crown of this generation, this early, is retarded.
Throwing away any chance of owning said crown this early is not very bright and neither is using the word "retarded" in such a immature way.

Since when is having opinions on a fan board going against the grain?
I guess when you state your opinion as fact

I'm not looking for a following or any kind of support
We know.....You're just looking for attention ,is all

but maybe I should just go back to lurking.
Maybe.

Part of being a fan is having unique/stupid predictions and observations.
You're halfway there.

Last edited:

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I think a better indicator will be next season after two full offseason's with the same system, same coaches, mostly same backs and receivers. (guessing Watkins MIGHT be gone) It's been a heck of a ride though this year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, so I know we all make fun of the garbage QBR stat by ESPN - it sucks, it's terrible, blah blah blah - but check this out, because it merits attention: for those not familiar with QBR, it rates a QB from 0-100, with 50 being average...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046779/jared-goff

According to this garbage stat, Goff was below average yesterday....

How in the fuck is that??

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff will never be Brady, Rodgers, Ben or Brees. But will end up better than guys like Matt Ryan, Rivers, Wentz, Winston, Marriota, Eli and Stafford.
But... If he's better than Ryan , Rivers, Stafford.... Doesn't that put him with Brady, Rodgers, Ben, and Brees? Lol

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It all depends on the Coaching how good he becomes, he has the tools, I think the game has slowed down for him this year, but it's the coaching that will make him elite and talked about in the same breath as Brady, Rodgers, Brees et al.
Agree. If the coaching he gets continues to be as good as it has been, and he develops as rapidly as he has been, and the team stays strong around him in the years to come; AND he stays healthy the guy could set all kinds of records with his talent and temperament and the fact that he is so young. I'm constantly amazed at his poise and his ability to come back from set-backs like his rookie year. Think its a sign of a good, cool, confident head.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Jared Goff will never be Brady, Rodgers, Ben or Brees. But will end up better than guys like Matt Ryan, Rivers, Wentz, Winston, Marriota, Eli and Stafford.
We will see over time.... Here's some interesting stats though.

Goff has now played 16 games.
Record: 7-9
3474yds 21TDs 11INTs

This as a 22/23 yr old, and 7 games under Fisher/Boras

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sorry for jumping in, got delayed.

Those 4 QBs compared to Goff, 2nd seasons (except for Rodgers, where 4th season was used)

Brady, age 24

86.5 rating

189.5 ypg, 18 td, 12 int, 6.9 ypa

Roethlisberger, age 24

98.6 rating

198.8 ypg, 17 td, 9 int, 8.9 ypa

Rodgers, age 25 (season 4)

93.8 rating

252.4 ypg, 28 td, 13 int, 7.5 ypa

Brees, age 23

76.9 rating

205.2 ypg, 17 td, 16 int, 6.2 ypa

Goff, age 23

101.5 rating

265 ypg, 16 td, 4 int, 8.5 ypa

It's too early to tell for sure, of course - but Goff's stats so far this season compare very well or outclass each of those 4. There have been rule changes, etc - but Goff is also the youngest (just turned 23) and overall his stats have been the best. There certainly is a chance that Goff will in the end be classed as good as any of those 4. Probably not the best of the 4 (though not impossible) but certainly could end up looking very good in that company.
Yep! Goff looks like a "BUST" just like 'Walters' said!! Trade him Quick!!

#1.png
#3.jpg
rotfl.PNG
rotfl.PNG
rotfl.PNG
rotfl.PNG

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I hated that we drafted him, I saw no potential last year, but the dust is settling the it's obvious the kid can play the game at this level. Any idea how hard it is to get better every week, as team's lock in and prepare for you?

Your first two points are irrelevant. Whether or not you liked the selection doesn't justify your opinion of his potential. And not seeing his potential? How could anyone ACTUALLY judge his potential behind that putrid offensive scheme, line play, coaching, etc.?! Take a look at his highlights during his saints away game and tell me there wasn't potential.

And your last question holds no water, since teams have been "preparing" for us for 10 weeks now. I was a huge Wentz guy myself, but I was still excited AF we got Jared. He has all of what it takes, and to dismiss his potential when he's literally just into his career at an age most guys start off at, if not older, is unjust.

...but to each his own

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, so I know we all make fun of the garbage QBR stat by ESPN - it sucks, it's terrible, blah blah blah - but check this out, because it merits attention: for those not familiar with QBR, it rates a QB from 0-100, with 50 being average...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046779/jared-goff

According to this garbage stat, Goff was below average yesterday....

How in the freak is that??
Its a joke.
Goff apparently had a better game against Arizona, scoring the same team points but throwing for 120 less yards on the same amount of attempts with more INT (1) and less TD pass (1 compared to 3)
But since he ran for a TD, he scores higher? SMH

JackStraw

Rookie
@JackStraw are you a Knicks fan just curious
I was a big Celtic's fan back when their starting 5 was Pierce, Walker, Kenny Anderson, Eric Williams and Tony Battie and lost to NJ in Eastern conf finals.

Once the big 3 was formed things got boring and I haven't given NBA any attention since.
I am a sucker for underachievers though (Rams, Golden Gopher hoops/football, and Pirates in MLB)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Anyone seriously projecting Goff to accomplish what Rodgers has already shown just isn't a very intuitive person . I love the optimism though.
Theres no doubt that Rodgers is a going to Canton.
Yes, it's way to early to put Goff there as well. Goff has a total of 9 games in this offense. Ask any QB and they will tell you it takes at least 2 years to get an offense down completely.
I'm very happy with where Goff is in his development to date.

Ants

Starter
I don't understand this statement. When he needs to move in the pocket he moves, and moves well. He has elite pocket awareness and movement for a second year qb.

Yeah, I was sort of with Jack until he mentioned pocket awareness. And Goff actually reminds me of Rogers.
Goff got sacked a few times yesterday. But I enjoy the way he bounces back and stands tough in the pocket...especially after what he endured last season.
Is it too early to compare? Yes.
But it's fun watching him progress and come up with some nice plays. :yay:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a joke.
Goff apparently had a better game against Arizona, scoring the same team points but throwing for 120 less yards on the same amount of attempts with more INT (1) and less TD pass (1 compared to 3)
But since he ran for a TD, he scores higher? SMH

I know that most fans don't take it seriously, at all, but this is so ridiculous..

The Rams won because of their passing game yesterday - we scored 33 points on the backbone of our passing game...if that was a below average game for Goff, it's like saying we should have beaten the Texans 70-7

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
For the record I love Goff, the love the trade Snead made - makes it easier to resign our previous riches

Can't wait for our duel TEs to become consistent part of this offense.

I'm done arguing with guys on 'my team', considering how many years i've waited for and missed on predicting relevancy.

Don't blame ya, been cautiously optimistic in seeing Goff's ascending production and subconsciously jaded from the shitshow in 2007-2016. The real challenge when looking at the big picture is how our defense responds once Wade Phillips hangs it up.

Tano

Legend
I was a big Celtic's fan back when their starting 5 was Pierce, Walker, Kenny Anderson, Eric Williams and Tony Battie and lost to NJ in Eastern conf finals.

Once the big 3 was formed things got boring and I haven't given NBA any attention since.
I am a sucker for underachievers though (Rams, Golden Gopher hoops/football, and Pirates in MLB)
But what's going to happen after the Rams win 5 superbowls:)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff has an elite ceiling. Anyone who says otherwise just refuses to see it. He has the arm, the accuracy/touch, the quick mental processing, and the toughness. From there it's about fit and whether the QB is in a good situation.

Right now under McVay he's got a young offensive mind who sees the game the way he does. The scheme favors his skill set. And there is talent around him. Stars are aligned for him to be one of the next gen of elite QBs.

For that reason I'm confident saying that five years from now all the doubting posts about Jared and his ceiling will look ridiculous. The ones from last year already do for that matter. But in five years he'll be a gold standard at the position running a perennial winner in LA with the stats to back it up.