NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know nothing about Maurice Alexander...other than there was hype that he'd go in the 3rd or 4th round. I also know he had some character issues in the past.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am stumped, better players with production behind them left on board. I hope they know something

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8. MO ALEXANDER, Utah State (6-1, 220, 4.55, 4) – Played two seasons in junior college and transferred to Utah State, where he started at OLB in 2011. In '12, he socked a teammate in the face (who underwent emergency surgery) and eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor aggravated assault. Kicked off team for the '12 season but returned to start at FS in '13. "He is really humbled by that whole thing," one scout said. "Really like him. Big and really athletic. Tough guy." Finished with 125 tackles (16 for loss), one pick and seven passes defensed. Wonderlic of 14. "He's a box safety," another scout said. "He's too rigid to play in coverage. If you're going to have a strong safety you've got to at least have enough movement to mirror guys. He will struggle." From St. Louis, where he was an outstanding prep wrestler.

From Bob McGinn

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Huh. Are we starting two SS, two box safeties? At the very least we now have a very big safety tandem.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
IDK. NFL Draft Scout had him ranked as a 7th round prospect, maybe UDFA.

crazyhorns

Rookie
This is the only pick thus far I am confused about. thought they had better value with other players.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
sounds like a bad pick. can one of you spend some time with him teaching him to spell his name so he can cash his check...14 on the wunderlic

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He's a hitter, former linebacker, - prototypical size. Good physical ability - may be able to cover deep given experience.

Has character concerns, suspended for assault - a bit inexperienced - lateral agility limited - difficult to line up against slot receivers and doesn't pursue coverage instead going for he hit.

According to Bleacher Reports scouting report on him (I know....)