nfl.com reports Rams as number one landing for Sanchez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

I am okay with it. if Sam goes down, at least he is experienced.

PhxRam

John Clayton says we are his best shot. Cleveland is second.

I just think if he WANTS to come here he will. If it comes down to money, he will be elsewhere. He is not going to make the most money playing for us.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm sorry, but feel a sinking feeling when I think of Sanchez in horns. I would rather have Clemens...

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think Sanchez has much choice over where he goes and how much he makes. He should play for the minimum for a backup QB.....and be be happy.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
St. Loius would be a severe "culture shock" for the kid, but that might just be what he needs, I'm ready to sign him and I'd give him 2 /3 mill a year ,he knows the system ,the coach, the deal, he'd have very little expectation placed upon him ,kick back just play football in a town of polite sports fans. Just what the Dr. ordered for the kid.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Damn, I had to witness Kyle Boller wearing the uni now maybe Mark Sanchez?

Is this fair to me as a devoted fan? No, it isn't!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
St. Loius would be a severe "culture shock" for the kid, but that might just be what he needs, I'm ready to sign him and I'd give him 2 /3 mill a year ,he knows the system ,the coach, the deal, he'd have very little expectation placed upon him ,kick back just play football in a town of polite sports fans. Just what the Dr. ordered for the kid.

I thought about hitting the "inappropriate" button when I got to the 2/3 mill a year part of that post. :wtf:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I thought about hitting the "inappropriate" button when I got to the 2/3 mill a year part of that post. :wtf:
That's what a "quality veteran backup" is gonna cost you, so IMO the price is a non issue,probably WHY Hill isn't here yet as well, we aren't yet ready to pay what the market IS for one. We may differ on IF Sanchez is or isn't a "QVB" but the prices is what it is.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's what a "quality veteran backup" is gonna cost you, so IMO the price is a non issue,probably WHY Hill isn't here yet as well, we aren't yet ready to pay what the market IS for one. We may differ on IF Sanchez is or isn't a "QVB" but the prices is what it is.

Clemens at 1.5 would make me happier......Sanchez and Clemens really aren't that far apart in terms of production when you look at their careers.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I would pay him 2 mill.
At least if Bradford goes down this year I wouldn't count us out.
I think many knew that our season was over when Bradford went down last year.
Clemens did ok, but I think Sanchez is better. Especially if we can get this online tightened up.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Clemens at 1.5 would make me happier......Sanchez and Clemens really aren't that far apart in terms of production when you look at their careers.
In game production.......probably not, but I think if you didn't KNOW either and you saw them in practice you'd know which was the far superior athlete,something has certainly gone awry with the Sanchise:rolleyes: but I look at his career and it just screams Jim Plunkett.
I think there is a lot of good football in the kid but his psyche needs a fix

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've been beginning to wonder if the Rams haven't offered Shaun Hill a contract, because they had a good idea that Sanchez would be released and they wanted him. It seems conspiratorial, but it me be possible

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I've been beginning to wonder if the Rams haven't offered Shaun Hill a contract, because they had a good idea that Sanchez would be released and they wanted him. It seems conspiratorial, but it me be possible
Yeah ,I'd thought of that as well, Sanchez was due 9 million with the Jets, gotta believe if he gets a shot at starter money he'll take it, especially if Cleveland offers it and promises to draft Watkins and a bell cow back.