NFL Alternate Helmets... Get ready

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
hmmmmm, Albino tigers, howboutthat
train
White Cat Hello GIF by TeamTO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

With alternate helmets all the rage, should the Rams join the fun?​

The Rams have already said they won’t unveil a new uniform this year like they previously planned to, but we can’t help thinking what an alternate helmet might look like for the Rams. They’ve worn a number of different helmets over the years, from the classic blue and yellow to blue and white to navy and gold. Currently, they have a slick royal and yellow lid, which goes well with all of their jerseys.

But what if they introduced a royal and white helmet? It would look pretty good with their “modern throwbacks.” Here’s a quick edit I made to show that combination.

USATSI_17680932-2.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

The Rams have already said they won’t unveil a new uniform this year like they previously planned to, but we can’t help thinking what an alternate helmet might look like for the Rams. They’ve worn a number of different helmets over the years, from the classic blue and yellow to blue and white to navy and gold. Currently, they have a slick royal and yellow lid, which goes well with all of their jerseys.

But what if they introduced a royal and white helmet? It would look pretty good with their “modern throwbacks.” Here’s a quick edit I made to show that combination.

USATSI_17680932-2.jpg
Now that I’ve seen the white horns in the pic above; it looks kind of boring, to me.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Flip the colours. Give me a yellow helmet with blue horns. That would look amazing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Now that I’ve seen the white horns in the pic above; it looks kind of boring, to me.
I have never understood the blue/white fascination. That is the Colts scheme and bores me to tears as well. I also have zero nostalgia for them as I became a fan just after they wore that combo. Bleh.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, the Rams have the best helmet in the league by a wide margin. With our color scheme, you really don't have an option for anything better or even close to as good.

dang

Legend

USATSI_17680932-2.jpg
Can you mock all the sol to platinum in helmet and uniforms?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I have never understood the blue/white fascination. That is the Colts scheme and bores me to tears as well. I also have zero nostalgia for them as I became a fan just after they wore that combo. Bleh.
I agree... I was one happy lil mofo when they changed in '73. I thought the B&W's were booooooooring. Now, as I've gotten older I can appreciate them, but don't want a revival of them.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

USATSI_17680932-2.jpg
Woah I love that blue/white helmet.
I guess it is the nostalgia for me then. The blue/white screams Rams to me. Nothing about it ever reminds me of the Colts, but I do hear people say it some times.

nighttrain

Legend
if indeed the Rams make a Uni change I have an Idea for them, revisit the classic '79 to '99 uniforms.
Homage to Jack Youngblood & Kurt Warner eras.
Classic and tons of history
train

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Woah I love that blue/white helmet.

I guess it is the nostalgia for me then. The blue/white screams Rams to me. Nothing about it ever reminds me of the Colts, but I do hear people say it some times.
Little history on the more simple blue-white. It looked really good in black-and-white.

In the 1960's, most homes had black-and-white TVs.

In color, the black-and-white was kind of boring.

One reason the Rams changed in 1973 (when uniform changes were not common) was because by that point, most homes had color-TVs.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Little history on the more simple blue-white. It looked really good in black-and-white.

In the 1960's, most homes had black-and-white TVs.

In color, the black-and-white was kind of boring.

One reason the Rams changed in 1973 (when uniform changes were not common) was because by that point, most homes had color-TVs.
Interesting. That makes a lot of sense.