NFL 2022 top 10 QB Rankings - according to league execs, coaches, scouts & players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Allen, Herbert and Burrow have it all but they must win more
Burrow and Allen have won pretty much everything but the Superbowl in their young careers. Particularly Burrow. How do you win more than he has in 2 years other than to win the SB, which he damn near did.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm fine with that ranking even though I'd put Stafford at 2 this year. He was great in year one and should be better in year two in this offense. His weapons are fantastic, and that matters here. I mean we can try to remove the weapons in the conversation but that leads to bad lists as we've seen from pff.

Considering everything here's my top group:

1. Burrow. This guy took his team to the Super Bowl year two with a shit OL. OL got addressed and he's throwing to what might be the best wideout group in the league. Chase is just gonna keep getting better.

2. Stafford. People are still adjusting to the idea that Stafford is this good. Well he is. And the Rams have the weapons for him to have an epic year two in this system with McVay. If the defense is bad he will slip a bit, but I still think he's top three in this offense.

3. Rodgers. He took a huge hit losing Adams. But Rodgers is so good that he will overcome it and still put up great numbers, he just won't be as good as the top two who have everything in alignment for 2022.

4. Brady. Gronk retiring is a big loss for Tom. Without him the Bucs offense does not scare me. They have good weapons but not in the class of the top two and he's also dealing with a change of head coach which will be felt so I think he's gonna show his age this year but just in case I'm wrong I have him at 4. :laugh4:

5. This is where I start seeing more questions in how things are aligned. I could go with Herbert or Allen or Mahomes here but each have reasons that sort of mash them together for me. Then you have risers led by Carr, who is going to benefit from the upgrade he got this offseason in gameplanning and weapons. Adams, Renfrow, Waller is some serious pass game threat three deep, give that group to Herbert with McDaniels as his OC and he's top three. So my top 4 are the guys who not only are reading and throwing with anticipation and leading their teams, but who also have the stars aligned enough to stand out among the best.
Burrows Bengal Lover Boy!

MachS

Hall of Fame
Allen's pretty great. I just don't think his weapons are all that scary. Diggs is the guy you double. At some point Cooks might put them over the top on offense but will it be year one? Allen can go apeshit on any defense any given game when he's on but the talent does matter for him too. One down game in the playoffs is when you go home.
Bro Gabe Davis is a monster and about to go nuts this year mark my words. Last year down the stretch he started going off. Huge breakout coming, Im saying he's a lock for 80/1100/10. They added Crowder in the slot who is solid but the other under the radar guy is their TE Dawson Knox. He was a TD machine last year and should be another break out. Plus they got the burner Isaiah Mackenzie going into year 2, Singletary, Cooks, and Moss in the backfield. Their weapons are super legit IMO. Allen should win MVP this yr.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Aaron Rodgers is #1 in choking also.
Yea I personally think playoff performance and clutchness should be a big factor. Rodgers dominates regular season then shits the bed when it matters most. Stafford was unbelievable in the playoffs especially in the 4th qtr of games. Reminds me of the old Peyton/Brady argument where Peyton was hands down the best QB in the league during the regular season but come playoff time Brady would always play better. Some dudes shine the brightest when the pressure is high in big moments.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bro Gabe Davis is a monster and about to go nuts this year mark my words. Last year down the stretch he started going off. Huge breakout coming, Im saying he's a lock for 80/1100/10. They added Crowder in the slot who is solid but the other under the radar guy is their TE Dawson Knox. He was a TD machine last year and should be another break out. Plus they got the burner Isaiah Mackenzie going into year 2, Singletary, Cooks, and Moss in the backfield. Their weapons are super legit IMO. Allen should win MVP this yr.
Yeah maybe I haven't watched enough Bills games. I've always felt like a lot of their big highlights are Allen buying time for his weapons but maybe I'm off on that. Good thing is we'll see them right out the gate should be one hell of an opener regardless of how it turns out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stanford is clearly number 1. His no look passes to Kupp were a thing of beauty that I don’t recall other QBs pulling off with any consistency. He’s a great leader and very high IQ player. I can come up with counters on everyone on that list as to why they aren’t as good as Matt.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah maybe I haven't watched enough Bills games. I've always felt like a lot of their big highlights are Allen buying time for his weapons but maybe I'm off on that. Good thing is we'll see them right out the gate should be one hell of an opener regardless of how it turns out.
The Bills game is a big one. Maybe if Stafford can finally pull of a big win under pressure, I’ll think he the #1 QB ~ Merlin

TexasRam

Legend
Stafford’s clutch playoff run puts him in my top 5 QBs going into 22. He wasn’t perfect but when it was absolute crunch time he delivered big time. The throw to Kupp vs the Niners, the throw to Kupp at the end vs Tampa and the No look throw to Kupp in the Super Bowl.

He delivered the goods when it mattered most. Many of us including myself doubted he could deliver in the clutch but he did.

He’s probably not in the conversation of all time greats yet, but with another Super Bowl Trophy he definitely could be, in my opinion.

Kupp should be top 3 minimum right now.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Burrow and Allen have won pretty much everything but the Superbowl in their young careers. Particularly Burrow. How do you win more than he has in 2 years other than to win the SB, which he damn near did.
My hold up with Burrow and Herbert is just that - their young careers.
Allen can’t beat the Chiefs, yet.

I can have them in the top 10 but not ahead of Stafford.

Ram65

Legend
It is hard to rank without considering ages and upside.

I’ll go;

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Herbert
4. Stafford
5. Rogers
6. Wilson
7. Brady
8. Burrow
9. Prescott
10. L Jackson
I agree so I would have Burrow ranked higher but, who do you lower? He had a great 2nd year with little help with that poor offensive line last year. Allen and Herbert are a new bread of QBs that are much bigger than average and can run with big arms. I'm not big on rankings. It's very subjective. Look how Stafford moved up with finally having a solid team around him.

nighttrain

Legend
have to consider age and future availability if considering for more than just next season, and if so just insert Burrow at #4. No way putting Burrow at #8.
train

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Burrow is a talented guy, but he's also a cocky little f#@ker. I hope he doesn't even make the playoffs next season, or ever again.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Yea we match up with them super well and owe them from a couple years ago. Hopefully Stafford hits a new level in year 2 and with a SB under his belt.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Allen didn't lose to the Chiefs. McDermott and the defense lost to the Chiefs.

If he had another possession, he would've scored again, no doubt.

dang

Legend

Allen and the Bills beat the Chiefs pretty handily early last season 38-20.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So where will Matt be after a SB repeat? Some dillusionalist will still have him outside the top 5.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Anonymous Defensive Play-Caller Claims Patrick Mahomes Is A One-Read QB & Ranked Him As ‘Tier 2’​

It’s been quite a four-year run for one of the most gifted arms in the National Football League. Patrick Mahomes became the full-time quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2018 and it has been the best move the franchise has ever made.

Andy Reid’s team hosted the AFC Championship Game every year and the club has made two Super Bowl appearances.

A total of 63 regular-season appearances resulted in 18,991 yards through the air and just over four times as many touchdown passes (151) as interceptions (37).

However, not everybody thinks highly of him.

Mike Sando of The Athletic released his NFL “Quarterback Tiers” rankings, which is a survey of 50 NFL coaches and executives. According to the rankings, “A Tier 1 quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. He expertly handles pure passing situations. He has no real holes in his game.”

One anonymous veteran defensive play caller ranked Patrick Mahomes as a Tier 2 QB.

“We love Mahomes because of his unorthodox throws, not because of his natural pocket presence,” the defensive play caller said. “And when that disappears, that is when they lose games. I don’t think that is a 1. I think that is a 2. Nothing against the guy. I love the kid. But take his first read away and what does he do? He runs, he scrambles and he plays streetball.”

Back in 2020, Mahomes admitted he didn’t understand how to read NFL defenses until “halfway through last year (2019).”

“I still think there’s a long way for me to go there,” Mahomes said on The Shop. “And that’s where mentally I think I can get better. Physically I feel like I’ve done a lot of stuff. I always work on the fundamentals and doing that stuff. But I think mentally I can still take my game to a whole another level.”