NFC Leaders Face Off - Playoff Football Comes Early

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'll admit, as a lifelong Rams fan, I'm nervous to drink the Kool-Aid, even though it's been tasting so good lately. I hate that I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Though I'm incredibly nervous and anxious to see how we play against real competition, one things for sure, there's some incredibly exciting games on the horizon.

I feel like we have the toughest schedule for the remaining stretch of the season. But this article did point out somethings I keep overlooking. One, other NFC opponents have some tough games coming up too. Second, these NFC contenders need to face us. We are one of their toughest games they'll have. This is the moment where we all find out who's the real contenders and who's the pretenders.

Time to get those horns up. It's gonna be a battle. Go Rams!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...f-week-10-what-to-panic-about-and-what-not-to

The Debrief, Week 10: What to panic about -- and what not to

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick [URL='http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/10/optimism_returns_to_new_englan.html']are fond of saying that the NFL season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. For the upstart Los Angeles Rams[/URL] and the rest of the teams that make up this crowded NFC playoff picture, that schedule is getting moved up a week this season.

The upcoming Week 11 clash between the Rams and Vikings -- two surprise 7-2 teams -- kickstarts a frantic stretch for Rams coach Sean McVay's crew, which will face the other four best teams in the NFC in a span of five weeks: at Minnesota in Week 11, vs. New Orleans in Week 12, vs. Philadelphia in Week 14 and at Seattle in Week 15. An organization whose onfield product has mostly been ignored or gawked at nationally since the middle of the last decade will be at the very center of the NFL universe for the next five weeks.

It's not that these Rams haven't been tested -- they have wins in Dallas and Jacksonville. But they're stepping up in class for the most high-profile Rams games since Mike Martz was the coach, Lovie Smith was the defensive coordinator and Georgia Frontiere was the team's owner. It's been a while.

The Rams score in bunches against sagging teams, embarrassing the Cardinals, Giants and Texans over the last three games by a combined score of 117-24. The defense, led by a burgeoning Defensive Player of the Year campaign from Aaron Donald and a ballhawking secondary, is getting that Wade Phillips boost. Now it's time to find out if this is just a great regular-season story or a team that could be playing in Minneapolis for a second time in February.

After a deeply unlucky regular season thus far, at least the Football Gods are showing mercy with the closing-stretch schedule in the NFC. The Rams' gauntlet is extreme but not atypical for this year's best teams. Consider these upcoming slates:

-- New Orleans Saints: The team's Week 12 showdown in Los Angeles -- which the NFL should absolutely flex to prime time (#FlexNOLA) -- starts a three-game stretch that includes games against the Panthers and Falcons. New Orleans has only a half-game lead over the the surging Panthers and two games left against Atlanta, meaning the NFC South is far from decided. As great as this reborn Saints defense has been, it hasn't been tested by a true offensive powerhouse since the Patriots in Week 2.

-- Seattle Seahawks: Over the next six weeks, the NFC's best team of the decade faces Atlanta, Philadelphia and the Rams at home while traveling to Jacksonville and Dallas. Following the season-ending ruptured Achilles suffered by cornerback Richard Sherman, no outcome for this Seahawks season would be truly surprising. Russell Wilson could carry them on the way to an MVP award, or they could slip right out of a deep NFC playoff picture because of this schedule.

-- Philadelphia Eagles: Will their season finale against the Cowboys even matter for seeding or the division title? Not if the Eagles prove to be road warriors with games in Dallas, Seattle and Los Angeles before that.

-- Minnesota Vikings: After hosting the Rams on Sunday, the Vikings face three consecutive road games against NFC teams in the playoff mix, including their Thanksgiving game in Detroit and trips to Atlanta and Carolina.

In short, this fascinating NFC season is just about to start, with Weeks 11-14 particularly crowded with conference-shifting matchups. You don't even have to wait for Thanksgiving...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll admit, as a lifelong Rams fan, I'm nervous to drink the Kool-Aid, even though it's been tasting so good lately. I hate that I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Though I'm incredibly nervous and anxious to see how we play against real competition, one things for sure, there's some incredibly exciting games on the horizon.

Way I see it we have suffered longer than every other fan base other than Cleveland. We deserve to be high on our team and to be a little cocky. And the Rams deserve our confidence, this team is very, very good.

So be confident and enjoy watching them go into Minnesota for a playoff-level game man. It doesn't get any better than this in the regular season, and we have FOUR games of that caliber coming.

Bring it on MFers.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
As a Rams fan, my message to the rest of the NFL fan base is simple

Memphis Ram

Legend
Laying in the weeds are the 7-3 Carolina Panthers who might be able to beat them all.
:hiding:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Laying in the weeds are the 7-3 Carolina Panthers who might be able to beat them all.

200.gif
;)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yep, Nothing guaranteed at this point. They could play well and lose some of these games in a nail biter fashion...Certainly hope not, but very possible. This will not only be a good test for Goff, but also for McVay. If they come through it okay, it will battle test them for the playoffs. If not?... well I don't want to think about it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
In the NFC you could conceivably have an 11-5 team miss out on the playoffs on a tiebreaker. That's a bit scary. And certainly 10-6 guarantees nothing unless Seattle implodes in the division.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I live 80 miles from Charlotte and I can tell you that if you hit Newton a few times early, he begins to lose composure. Now, if only the Rams had someone who could get to him and hit him....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In the NFC you could conceivably have an 11-5 team miss out on the playoffs on a tiebreaker. That's a bit scary. And certainly 10-6 guarantees nothing unless Seattle implodes in the division.

11-5 and not in the playoffs is possible but I only recall that happening once to the Patriots a few years back.

There could be two 10-6 teams that miss the playoffs though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I feel like we have the toughest schedule for the remaining stretch of the season. But this article did point out somethings I keep overlooking. One, other NFC opponents have some tough games coming up too. Second, these NFC contenders need to face us. We are one of their toughest games they'll have. This is the moment where we all find out who's the real contenders and who's the pretenders.

Time to get those horns up. It's gonna be a battle. Go Rams!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...f-week-10-what-to-panic-about-and-what-not-to

The Debrief, Week 10: What to panic about -- and what not to

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick [URL='http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/10/optimism_returns_to_new_englan.html']are fond of saying that the NFL season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. For the upstart Los Angeles Rams and the rest of the teams that make up this crowded NFC playoff picture, that schedule is getting moved up a week this season.[/URL]

The upcoming Week 11 clash [URL='http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111904/2017/REG11/rams@vikings']between the Rams and Vikings
-- two surprise 7-2 teams -- kickstarts a frantic stretch for Rams coach Sean McVay's crew, which will face the other four best teams in the NFC in a span of five weeks: at Minnesota in Week 11, vs. New Orleans in Week 12, vs. Philadelphia in Week 14 and at Seattle in Week 15. An organization whose onfield product has mostly been ignored or gawked at nationally since the middle of the last decade will be at the very center of the NFL universe for the next five weeks.

It's not that these Rams haven't been tested -- they have wins in Dallas and Jacksonville. But they're stepping up in class for the most high-profile Rams games since Mike Martz was the coach, Lovie Smith was the defensive coordinator and Georgia Frontiere was the team's owner. It's been a while.

The Rams score in bunches against sagging teams, embarrassing the Cardinals, Giants and Texans over the last three games by a combined score of 117-24. The defense, led by a burgeoning Defensive Player of the Year campaign from Aaron Donald and a ballhawking secondary, is getting that Wade Phillips boost. Now it's time to find out if this is just a great regular-season story or a team that could be playing in Minneapolis for a second time in February.

After a deeply unlucky regular season thus far, at least the Football Gods are showing mercy with the closing-stretch schedule in the NFC. The Rams' gauntlet is extreme but not atypical for this year's best teams. Consider these upcoming slates:

-- New Orleans Saints: The team's Week 12 showdown in Los Angeles -- which the NFL should absolutely flex to prime time (#FlexNOLA) -- starts a three-game stretch that includes games against the Panthers and Falcons. New Orleans has only a half-game lead over the the surging Panthers and two games left against Atlanta, meaning the NFC South is far from decided. As great as this reborn Saints defense has been, it hasn't been tested by a true offensive powerhouse since the Patriots in Week 2.

-- Seattle Seahawks: Over the next six weeks, the NFC's best team of the decade faces Atlanta, Philadelphia and the Rams at home while traveling to Jacksonville and Dallas. Following the season-ending ruptured Achilles suffered by cornerback Richard Sherman, no outcome for this Seahawks season would be truly surprising. Russell Wilson could carry them on the way to an MVP award, or they could slip right out of a deep NFC playoff picture because of this schedule.

-- Philadelphia Eagles: Will their season finale against the Cowboys even matter for seeding or the division title? Not if the Eagles prove to be road warriors with games in Dallas, Seattle and Los Angeles before that.

-- Minnesota Vikings: After hosting the Rams on Sunday, the Vikings face three consecutive road games against NFC teams in the playoff mix, including their Thanksgiving game in Detroit and trips to Atlanta and Carolina.

In short, this fascinating NFC season is just about to start, with Weeks 11-14 particularly crowded with conference-shifting matchups. You don't even have to wait for Thanksgiving...[/URL]

It's going to be really interesting to see which (or IF) of these Teams gets Beat-Up in this stretch of games!!(y);)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Hag's are already getting Beat-Up, Thomas is Hurt and Sherman is out, They're going down FAST!!
The Rams will probably have a 3 or 4 game edge on them by the Time we meet up with them again!!(y);):yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I live 80 miles from Charlotte and I can tell you that if you hit Newton a few times early, he begins to lose composure. Now, if only the Rams had someone who could get to him and hit him....
We won't see Newton this year! But IF an accident happens, and we see them in the Playoff's, We'll introduce him to Mr. Brockers and Mr. Donald and others!!(y);):ROFLMAO:

TexasRam

Legend
If our special teams could go ahead and step up and score some TD’s again .. for a few of these big games...yea that’d be great.

E51248332EF2C04340A3C0396B012CA59EA63F62

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If our special teams could go ahead and step up and score some TD’s again .. for a few of these big games...yea that’d be great.

E51248332EF2C04340A3C0396B012CA59EA63F62
Yep, go Tony Horne on their a$$es come playoff time!!! ...but lets not have an Az Hakim moment though...

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Well, they traded away one of their top WR's and just lost another for the year. I think they are now playing for a wildcard position.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
For fun analogy of being a Ram fan in 2017:
With so many of the posts I read, I assume that the 14 year wait of being good again has put us Ram fans in the exciting position that is similar to a women who has a credit card that has a $60,000 limit, and she has 2 free days, and a moving van at her disposal.....like that women, we just don't know what to do with our 'good' circumstances---- but we excitedly rush forward without thinking---but we know we are king or queen for 2 days.

Bad analogy, I know LOL.

All that to say, when we beat the Vikings and Saints then we can really be fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams score in bunches against sagging teams, embarrassing the Cardinals, Giants and Texans over the last three games by a combined score of 117-24.
The lack of quality opponents is the only thing that worries me about our team....Time to thump some division leaders. I think that first half vs Houston was good for the offense.
I think the defense is gonna kill Case this weekend....the real test will be New Orleans, Philly, Tennessee, and Seahawks on the road.
Well, they traded away one of their top WR's and just lost another for the year.
Funches is better than Kelvin Benjamin, IMO....you know, 40 times matter....they both have very good hands. But it actually makes most QB's get better by removing a "security blanket" from the offense. They have to go through their reads.

That guy that got injured probably hurts more...he is a field stretcher...and a dynamic player. the OSU sent some studs to the pros these last few years.