New Years resolution that the Rams should have

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay, this is a bit much, so I'm going to take a devil's advocate approach. Should Dahl be a starter? No. Can we upgrade the safety position? Definitely. Is he the only reason why we lost this game? No way in hell. I see no reason to bash him this much. He's a Ram. He's a good guy. He's still a pretty damn good special teams player. He just shouldn't have the starting job.

I thought that we were better than the PD. I thought that we didn't have whipping boys like they do. Forgive me if I sound like a pompous windbag, but making threads solely to call for the replacement of a single player goes far beyond mere criticism, in my honest opinion.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
What did he do today?

Missed about 5 tackles and got burned in coverage at least twice that I can remember.

He is most definitely our weakest defensive starter...and in the running for worst starter on the entire team.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
Okay, this is a bit much, so I'm going to take a devil's advocate approach. Should Dahl be a starter? No. Can we upgrade the safety position? Definitely. Is he the only reason why we lost this game? No way in hell. I see no reason to bash him this much. He's a Ram. He's a good guy. He's still a pretty damn good special teams player. He just shouldn't have the starting job.

I thought that we were better than the PD. I thought that we didn't have whipping boys like they do. Forgive me if I sound like a pompous windbag, but making threads solely to call for the replacement of a single player goes far beyond mere criticism, in my honest opinion.

Lol, why?

OK...the Rams need to upgrade at FS because the current starter is by far the weakest of the entire defense and possibly entire team. The current player is a FA and should probably only be retained at the veteran minimum as nothing more than a backup/special teamer.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Dahl is absolutely a liability in coverage. I counted at least 2 TERRIBLE whiffs today in the secondary. Why the HELL is Stewart not in there more??? Thought he was over his injury??!! Seems every time Stewart is in, he makes plays. This was the situation last year as well. Baffling.......

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man ,,, you know it's bad too when about 6 -7 Dahl highlight vids did nothing to prevent his poor coverage performance yesterday. A clear sign that his time has passed if you ask me. :ww:

Craig IS a sure tackler, but everything else about him seems like a liability to our D.

An upgrade for him IS coming in 2013... I'm quitting him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
Man ,,, you know it's bad too when about 6 -7 Dahl highlight vids did nothing to prevent his poor coverage performance yesterday. A clear sign that his time has passed if you ask me. :ww:

Craig IS a sure tackler, but everything else about him seems like a liability to our D.

He is a sure tackler...when the opposition runs right into him. When he has to pursue the opponent he's lucky to get an arm on him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:

He is a sure tackler...when the opposition runs right into him. When he has to pursue the opponent he's lucky to get an arm on him.

I think what he meant was; "he's sure gonna try to tackle"... :lmao:

Just kidding!

Dahl's tackling is poor in the open field. Otherwise, he generally makes a solid tackle.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
We need 3 or 4 new starters on D. Definitely replace Dahl. Releasing Quintin Mikell needs to be a serious consideration. And we need at least 1 staring caliber OLB added to the mix.

Dunbar is average, but his weaknesses can be covered up by talent at the other 2 LB positions and at the S position. It's nice that he can play both WLB and SLB. That allows us the chance to target the best OLB prospect or FA regardless of which OLB position he is a best fit at.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
libertadrocks said:
Releasing Quintin Mikell needs to be a serious consideration.

Even though he finished strong, and I like the player, his $6M/yr is looming large.

I expect him to be released and the funds reinvested.

bluecoconuts

Legend
libertadrocks said:
Releasing Quintin Mikell needs to be a serious consideration.

If we can't find a replacement that's as good or better, I'd keep him. He played well, but the money issue makes it tough. I don't see him as a long term option, but I'm perfectly fine with keeping him for another year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think we, as fans, have any business taking a player's salary into consideration when evaluating his worth to the team - particularly if that player is not a liability. The Rams have a CFO/COO who makes the numbers work, and a GM/HC/Scouting Department that finds players who can ball. On the basis of talent alone, I think Mikell is only going to continue to improve in this defense. What we really need is a ball-hawking free safety who can lay the lumber. Mikell is just fine as a box safety. I think we should keep him and groom his eventual replacement next year.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd really love to see the Rams draft a safety in the first and third rounds. Mikell's play as a box safety is pretty good, but he doesn't have the coverage ability anymore.

Reid or Vaccaro in the first...Rambo in the third. Mikell can keep that box safety spot warm/share it for a year.