New Nike Threads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWHNkLSDkg[/youtube]

This video, posted on Nike's YouTube page yesterday, suggests that the sports apparel giant is planning big changes for NFL uniforms next season.

People fear change, particularly when it comes to their beloved football, which is probably why Nike wants to lay the groundwork now, easing fans into the new era. (via Darren Rovell). The video, narrated by Michael Irvin, calls it an "epic transformation."

We've already seen Nike do major overalls for some its flagship college programs and the results have been ... mixed.

Young fans and many players tend to like the flashy, sleek look of Oregon's (and even Maryland's) wild designs and crazy colors. Traditionalist recoil in horror at outlandish uniforms with built-in "taunting" mechanisms.

For example, Michigan State's new "Pro Combat" uniforms -- to be used for the first time next month during their rivalry game with Michigan -- wouldn't be so bad, except they don't contain either of the Spartans trademark green and white colors. (As a MSU alum myself, I find them a bit offensive. Not every one agrees.)

nike-combat-michigan-state.jpg

Nike takes over the NFL apparel contract next year (after nearly a decade of Reebok control) and now wants to remake the sport in its own image. So what can we expect?

The fancy gloves with team logos, hyper-stylized shoes, the popular "pro combat" pants, and possibly new color schemes for some of your favorite teams. Like it or not, they're coming.

In fact, they may not look much different than these fake designs that circulated on the internet last fall. They were rumored to be Nike's prototypes, but were actually just the work of a bored designer.

UPDATE: An alternate view says the changes may not be as radical as we think. Perhaps the changes won't be league wide (and more about form than style), but we have to believe at least of couple of teams will be looking for a makeover.

From Business Insider

Anonymous

It's nothing but another shameless attempt to sell another Rams jersey to people that already have one. Just like they change the hats and shirts every year. Too many people are stupid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You mean like the way Georgia changed our beloved color scheme right after the team won the SB?

I actually am looking forward to what they come up with. The NFL keeps changing color schemes and crap. Why not make real changes. The Ducks have some pretty wild uniforms. Once they changed from basic yellow and green, going over the top wasn't really bucking tradition and made for some pretty cool looks.

Hell - if they came up with a cool design, I'd go out and buy one. I have all kinds of Ram gear. Tie dyes, old colors, new colors, home, away, etc... I think it would be really cool if they did a pearl yellow horn on graphite blue helmet and changed the uniforms to be a modern version of the blue and yellow. I'd be all over it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As long as they don't put the Ram logo on the helmets, I really don't care. Keep the horns.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
You mean like the way Georgia changed our beloved color scheme right after the team won the SB?

I actually am looking forward to what they come up with. The NFL keeps changing color schemes and crap. Why not make real changes. The Ducks have some pretty wild uniforms. Once they changed from basic yellow and green, going over the top wasn't really bucking tradition and made for some pretty cool looks.

Hell - if they came up with a cool design, I'd go out and buy one. I have all kinds of Ram gear. Tie dyes, old colors, new colors, home, away, etc... I think it would be really cool if they did a pearl yellow horn on graphite blue helmet and changed the uniforms to be a modern version of the blue and yellow. I'd be all over it.

My you are the fashionista aren't you. :lmao:

Georgia.....guilty as charged on Mastercard/VISA/DISCOVER....but she knew how to design a nice jersey.

Reminds me of the AZ redesign of a few years ago and I still don't like it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Depending on how they look I don't mind. I believe that the NFL teams will have a say in how much or little they change. Teams with history, like the Packers, probably wont change at all. Rams, I can't see changing helmets obviously, but there might be some small changes on the rest of our stuff. The uniform is pretty simple though, I can't see any major changes. The teams that might have some gay changes would be stuff like the Falcons, Eagles, etc etc. The guy who made the fakes, I liked how some of them looked, Rams were good, Steelers were good, I liked the Pats as well. Some (like the redskins) were horrible, but who cares what they do?

I'm excited to see what will happen. I doubt anything major though, other than getting the swoosh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
As long as they don't put the Ram logo on the helmets, I really don't care. Keep the horns.

Now THAT would piss me off. The horns on the helmet ARE the Rams. The original logo helmet cannot die.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:

Now THAT would piss me off. The horns on the helmet ARE the Rams. The original logo helmet cannot die.

For real. Those fan creations for the Rams were badass. I could live w/ dark blue and white.

Did anyone notice Sammy in the video?
OU was one of 10 teams that debuted the new Pro Combat uniforms back in 2009. I liked what OU did at the time. Not crazy about some of the college unis I've seen this year.
But, Rams uniforms could look good as long as they don't go overboard and abandon tradition.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

Yes... yes I am.

OK.....so if I'm dragged into the clothier's.....would you insist I try on the pink shirt?

Doubtful. Pink is for dudes who want people to notice/think they are tough enough to wear pink. It is usually a sign that they can't afford the Ferrari to hide the fact that they have a small weenie. Of course, if that is the look you are after.... who am I to judge? :7up:

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

Yes... yes I am.

OK.....so if I'm dragged into the clothier's.....would you insist I try on the pink shirt?

Doubtful. Pink is for dudes who want people to notice/think they are tough enough to wear pink. It is usually a sign that they can't afford the Ferrari to hide the fact that they have a small weenie. Of course, if that is the look you are after.... who am I to judge? :7up:

I asked simply because my wife likes pink. You however seem to have completely overthought the question. :lmao:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
I asked simply because my wife likes pink. You however seem to have completely overthought the question. :lmao:

A lot of women like pink. Especially those with husbands constantly engaged in misdirection. :pokeu:

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

A lot of women like pink. Especially those with husbands constantly engaged in misdirection. :pokeu:

:thbbt:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
squeaky wheel said:
That sucks. Don't like it at all. Severe lack of creativity displayed there.

I KNOW... no pink ANYWHERE. :7up: