New members.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OK, I got curious, so I made a quick spreadsheet with everyone listed under either the Most Posts or Most Likes and here are your the results of Likes Per Message as of when I did this.

NJRamsFan: 0.75
Prime Time: 0.49
Boffo97: 0.47
Rams and Gators: 0.45
Mojo Ram: 0.43
Tron: 0.40
jjab360: 0.39
RamzFanz: 0.37
PhxRam: 0.33
Alan: 0.32
jrry32: 0.31
mr.stlouis: 0.30
max: 0.28
-X-: 0.23
LesBaker: 0.22
Selassie I: 0.19
Thordaddy: 0.18
RamFan503: 0.17
A55VA6: 0.16
CGI_Ram: 0.15
Ramhusker: 0.13
brokeu91: 0.13
Username: 0.13
Stranger: 0.12
DR RAM: 0.08
Angry Ram: 0.07
bluecoconuts: 0.06
Rabid Ram: 0.03
albefree69: 0.00 (He has *two* likes on 4,354 posts...)

My god, I need to step it up, I'm about the most non like gettinest mother fucker around.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I always wonderd how you guys had so many likes.... I know the secret now!

boobs-do-you-want-to-see-some-boobies-trolling-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-365.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There may be some confusion about the "attack the post, not the poster" rule. Let me give an example:

Let's say... I don't know... Someone random... Let's say RamFan503 says something really really stupid. I don't know, something idiotic like... Lemon filled donuts are filled with lemon JELLY.

I know, I know, it's WAY out there moronic, but let's just say he did.

You don't say "RamFan503, you're and idiot and a moron and you must be really really stupid"

Instead try something like this "RamFan503, I disagree with your post. That's like saying twinkles are cream filled and pumpkins aren't fruit!"

You see what I did there? I use inside knowledge to belittle him WITHOUT insulting him directly. It's far more civilized.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
There may be some confusion about the "attack the post, not the poster" rule. Let me give an example:

Let's say... I don't know... Someone random... Let's say RamFan503 says something really really stupid. I don't know, something idiotic like... Lemon filled donuts are filled with lemon JELLY.

I know, I know, it's WAY out there moronic, but let's just say he did.

You don't say "RamFan503, you're and idiot and a moron and you must be really really stupid"

Instead try something like this "RamFan503, I disagree with your post. That's like saying twinkles are cream filled and pumpkins aren't fruit!"

You see what I did there? I use inside knowledge to belittle him WITHOUT insulting him directly. It's far more civilized.

Being a new member, I'm truly appreciate the tip. I feel like I'm on probation for 60 days as when I first started my job 42 years ago. I hope I didn't hurt any feelings when I might have mentioned some part of a members name (Bufoon, Barfin, Boopin, Boffalo, something like that with the number 69) but I swear, all I remember is that we had a few drinks that night. Nothing happened!
If I offend someone, please let me know. If someone offends me, I"m really too old to give a shit. Sorry ladies, it's just locker room talk.
In the future, I swear I'll find that damn blue font. Thanks!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK, I got curious, so I made a quick spreadsheet with everyone listed under either the Most Posts or Most Likes and here are your the results of Likes Per Message as of when I did this.

NJRamsFan: 0.75
Prime Time: 0.49
Boffo97: 0.47
Rams and Gators: 0.45
Mojo Ram: 0.43
Tron: 0.40
jjab360: 0.39
RamzFanz: 0.37
PhxRam: 0.33
Alan: 0.32
jrry32: 0.31
mr.stlouis: 0.30
max: 0.28
-X-: 0.23
LesBaker: 0.22
Selassie I: 0.19
Thordaddy: 0.18
RamFan503: 0.17
A55VA6: 0.16
CGI_Ram: 0.15
Ramhusker: 0.13
brokeu91: 0.13
Username: 0.13
Stranger: 0.12
DR RAM: 0.08
Angry Ram: 0.07
bluecoconuts: 0.06
Rabid Ram: 0.03
albefree69: 0.00 (He has *two* likes on 4,354 posts...)

Why'd you leave me out? I am up towards the top at .42/.43%

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Being a new member, I'm truly appreciate the tip. I feel like I'm on probation for 60 days as when I first started my job 42 years ago. I hope I didn't hurt any feelings when I might have mentioned some part of a members name (Bufoon, Barfin, Boopin, Boffalo, something like that with the number 69) but I swear, all I remember is that we had a few drinks that night. Nothing happened!
If I offend someone, please let me know. If someone offends me, I"m really too old to give a crap. Sorry ladies, it's just locker room talk.
In the future, I swear I'll find that damn blue font. Thanks!!!
Don't really know that there is a 60 day probation period ,but that's no guarantee if you make it that far a guy I know has been here three years got bounced about three weeks ago,it's rare that happens, but make no mistake if you don't behave here and learn what that means you become persona non-grata and goodbye.
JMO you probably aught to scrub some of those derogations of a posters name from posts too.

I will also let ya'll know if you were a troll (not sayin you O R ) on the PD , there are people here who know it and if they see you replicate your PD habits it'll be a short stay, looking forward to all the new input

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
RamzFanz brings up an excellent point. Though he really should have taken the time to expound (that means explain or elucidate for those sitting in the back of the class and RamzFanz) on the blue font aspect. If a poster with very limited knowledge of anything outside his basement was to say, "there is no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut" one could simply think - and rightfully so - that he is just ignorant and doesn't get out much. But if he were to type "there is no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut" you would automatically know that he is being sarcastic and actually quite intelligent as he knows that there are indeed such delectable treats.

Now where RamzFanz is leading you astray, is that it is generally not a good idea to try to belittle another poster be it with direct insults or otherwise. And any simpleton should know that after posting for as long as he. See how that works? Not just simpletons like RamzFanz should know that. Any poster that has been here a while should know how it works. So I hope you will all demonstrate your civility and use the blue font when you are being sarcastic. A little blue can save a lot of angst.

Thank you for your time.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Don't really know that there is a 60 day probation period ,but that's no guarantee if you make it that far a guy I know has been here three years got bounced about three weeks ago,it's rare that happens, but make no mistake if you don't behave here and learn what that means you become persona non-grata and goodbye.
JMO you probably aught to scrub some of those derogations of a posters name from posts too.

I will also let ya'll know if you were a troll (not sayin you O R ) on the PD , there are people here who know it and if they see you replicate your PD habits it'll be a short stay, looking forward to all the new input

Sorry Tron, Didn't mean to be taken seriously. I did go through that and that was part of the job. This is a privllege not to be taken lightly. I understand that. If the members want me out of here, I'm gone. By the way, I watched that new Thor movie and I couldn't keep up with what the hell was going on. Still liked the hammer though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sorry Tron, Didn't mean to be taken seriously. I did go through that and that was part of the job. This is a privllege not to be taken lightly. I understand that. If the members want me out of here, I'm gone. By the way, I watched that new Thor movie and I couldn't keep up with what the hell was going on. Still liked the hammer though.
Lemme say this we ,most of us fling some poo and not always with blue font, but when it goes down it's between people everyone knows are old friends and it goes back and forth and you'd swear it was serious, once you've been here a thousand or so posts people will know that about you and it'll get more relaxed,whatever it's worth any effort to reform anyones style to stay here, the acrimony is not worth it,this place is how a football board should be.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Lemme say this we ,most of us fling some poo and not always with blue font, but when it goes down it's between people everyone knows are old friends and it goes back and forth and you'd swear it was serious, once you've been here a thousand or so posts people will know that about you and it'll get more relaxed,whatever it's worth any effort to reform anyones style to stay here, the acrimony is not worth it,this place is how a football board should be.
Got that Thor. I mess up every post. No intention to spell Tron earlier. Sorry 97 and other members.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh. Water under the bridge. Moving on. Treat others as you would want to be treated and it's all cool.

Unless you are a masochist like RamzFanz that is.

Volnerman08

Rookie
I'm a bit late to the party, but it's awesome to have all these new members on board. Welcome to all! Thank you for leaving the black hole of intelligent conversation that is the post dispatch forums...