New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree. And so are the financing proposals. One person can say that $350 million is public money in SD and another say it is $500 million and both could be correct. Same with St Louis. So much depends on how they regard the different monies and revenue streams. As I said before, even Santa Clara and NY are not as privately funded as some want to insist.
I'm not sure what anyone can hang their hats on... I don't think prior deals will drive what happens here.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but has there ever been a scenario where three teams are possibly moving from three different cities to potentially three other cities? When it finally comes down to who goes and who stays, I have a feeling financing will be pretty far down on the list.

Just a hunch.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just heard on 101ESPN that Randy Karraker said the decision may happen in January, not December..before the Super Bowl...So what if Kroenke starts raising the Palace before any decision is made, while it may be more than a year for Carson even to cleaned up before any building can happen?....What if Carson is chosen in January, and Stan continues to build, saying nothing? It's possible the Palace could be mostly built before anything happens in Carson at all.This would be incredible pressure I would think..

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I'm not sure what anyone can hang their hats on... I don't think prior deals will drive what happens here.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but has there ever been a scenario where three teams are possibly moving from three different cities to potentially three other cities? When it finally comes down to who goes and who stays, I have a feeling financing will be pretty far down on the list.

Just a hunch.

Money is the only thing that matters so financing will be right under long term revenues

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Money is the only thing that matters so financing will be right under long term revenues
Not sure I follow... I see it this way:
1] Potential revenue for the owner (doesn't affect the NFL unless they decide it's in opposition to the by-laws based on what is going on in the owner's current market)
2] NFL increased revenue (larger market, merchandising, whatever other means they get money from franchises)

As best I can see, the private financing doesn't help the NFL.. so I don't see it as a very important factor in their decision making process.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Not sure I follow... I see it this way:
1] Potential revenue for the owner (doesn't affect the NFL unless they decide it's in opposition to the by-laws based on what is going on in the owner's current market)
2] NFL increased revenue (larger market, merchandising, whatever other means they get money from franchises)

Long term revenues for the team is very important for the league. The NFL wants to make sure the teams remain viable so they want certainties in regards to both long and short term revenues. That has nothing to do with the relocation guidelines which aren't part of the bylaws they're just league policy.

“Your supposition is that it’s just public money that turns the key in the lock that opens the door that makes the market viable,” Grubman said. “That’s not all there is. Let’s put the pieces together. You have to have a stadium and a financing plan wherever that money comes from, public, private or a combination of the two. You have to have a market assessment that suggests that the market can and will be healthy for the long term so that stadium plan is supported.

“And if you do that then you’ve demonstrated viability against relocation guidelines, but it still goes to a vote. But the reason I make that distinction is that I could see a scenario where a financing plan is assembled and land is assembled and an entitlement is assembled but the market assessment is dim. And in that scenario, I don’t know that the owners would necessarily feel compelled to keep the team there.

As best I can see, the private financing doesn't help the NFL.. so I don't see it as a very important factor in their decision making process.

Private financing doesn't hurt the NFL either. The 2nd part if your talking about the 2 LA proposals that's the case but in the home markets it's definitely going to be a big factor in the final decision.

Last edited:

RamBill

Legend
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport is in the Chicago area this week for the special NFL owners meeting on Los Angeles relocation. He joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After to discuss the meetings and how it could impact the future of the St. Louis Rams.

Listen to Rapoport Talk Rams/Relocation

What's going on there?

"Actually, it's going to start with the Carson project from the Raiders and Chargers (and then the Rams will present the Inglewood project to the owners). Just going to show the vision...put it in the heads in the owners and allow them to imagine it...that there's a strong future of football in Los Angeles. Here's what it's going to look like, here's what it would entail, here's what it would cost. They'll also talk about a potential relocation fee, a potential season-ticket holder base."

Do you think the Inglewood project is further along than Carson?

"Yeah. I think the Carson project has a lot of nice words and they're going in the right direction. The Inglewood project, they could start shoveling today. If they needed to, they could start building. That's a huge deal."

Do you see a scenario in which the Chargers and Rams partner?

"I would think if it comes to that, it would be on the table. Part of the problem is no one really knows what the Chargers want. (Owner) Dean Spanos is the ultimate wild card. He's kept it open and forced all of us...just to guess. It would sort of leave the Raiders on the outside looking in. Then, even if the Rams leave, (the Raiders would) then be a potentially viable option as a replacement in St. Louis."

On the owners vote and Kroenke's plan:

"I would have a hard time imaging the owners saying, 'Well this great stadium, these great plans, we're just going to go with the Chargers and Raiders instead.' I think the Raiders will end up some place great. But the sense I get is they're not exactly on the front-burner of problems the owners want to solve."

How do you think it's all going to turn out?

"I just don't know. The city of St. Louis is such a problem because they're further along than the other cities and their stadium is viable and would work. I don't know. The Inglewood project is so good and so advanced, how do they ignore that? The Rams have the best project. The city of St. Louis has done the best of all the home markets as well. How do you reconcile that?"

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...ort-Discusses-Todays-NFL-Owners-Meetings.aspx

bluecoconuts

Legend
Kroenke was the main person pitching Inglewood, said to have surprised people with how passionate he was, so I guess that settles that debate.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Will you look at that. The Rams say there was a breach and NOT a contract option as some have claimed....if we're to believe Jim Thomas' source.

rick6fan

UDFA
Will you look at that. The Rams say there was a breach and NOT a contract option as some have claimed....if we're to believe Jim Thomas' source.
The Rams can SAY the sky is hot pink and the clouds are made from m&ms but it doesn't mean that it is legally true.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
The Rams can SAY the sky is hot pink and the clouds are made from m&ms but it doesn't mean that it is legally true.

The ramifications only apply when there's a breach. Like I have said before it was called a breach for the 2005 first tier review and arbitration was brought in to decide that through arbitration and not the courts.

iced

Kroenke was the main person pitching Inglewood, said to have surprised people with how passionate he was, so I guess that settles that debate.

yep - hopefully we can stop acting like he's ever been sincere in dealing with St.Louis by sending Demoff to talk to Peacock.

Status
Not open for further replies.