New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't believe either city has anything right now and I am not saying either city is ahead but it keeps being said that St Louis is ahead but no one has anything to say that it is.

Why is St Louis ahead of San Diego?
That's cool, believe what you want. I will believe what is being reported to the people of St. Louis by Mr. Peacock, and he is a guy with a proven track record who is worth believing. And before you go there, no, he didn't say St. Louis was ahead of San Diego.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
so in other words, you're not reading (or ignoring) the other 10,000 posts on this thread.
There's nothing. Something said 3 months ago has no bearing on today. Grubman was specific with his wording when he said"SD had nothing up to this point". That was ll prior to their proposal.

That's cool, believe what you want. I will believe what is being reported to the people of St. Louis by Mr. Peacock, and he is a guy with a proven track record who is worth believing. And before you go there, no, he didn't say St. Louis was ahead of San Diego.

I said nothing about Peacock or whether anyone is ahead. I am asking what make St Louis ahead? Land, financing, revenues a lease

No one has reported why St Louis is ahead. Has anyone of the reporters given an example or any facts.

tonyl711

Starter
There's plenty of information out there on the Chargers and there efforts over the last 14 years. It's not about the NFL, most of the proposals were not viable to anyone and there were from the Chargers not from SD, Oceanside, Escondido or Chula Vista

Neither has St Louis.

I never said the Chargers were stopping them building a stadium just that they are trying to undercut every effort in SD unlike Kroenke who hasn't said or did anything to try to kill the proposal in St Louis.

Exactly the same in San Diego as St Louis. All of it including working with the NFL and going ahead with the stadium proposal without the team.
theres plenty of information out there yes, and none of it has a stadium plan that they can agree on,
seems to me the NFL keeps saying that St Louis is doing everything they ask them to do, so i would say your wrong there.
lol, and Stan buying land and stating his desire to move to LA helps St Louis how?
not the same at all, St Louis is going forward with things, SD is stuck in nuetral like they have been for a decade.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
theres plenty of information out there yes, and none of it has a stadium plan that they can agree on,
seems to me the NFL keeps saying that St Louis is doing everything they ask them to do, so i would say your wrong there.
lol, and Stan buying land and stating his desire to move to LA helps St Louis how?
not the same at all, St Louis is going forward with things, SD is stuck in nuetral like they have been for a decade.

I guess you have not been following anything out of San Diego. Stuck in neutral working on the EIR for a vote in January is definitely not that.

beej

Rookie
There's nothing. Something said 3 months ago has no bearing on today. Grubman was specific with his wording when he said"SD had nothing up to this point". That was ll prior to their proposal.
Alrighty then. We'll just go with that then. St Louis is behind EVERYbody else.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I never said that. Stop putting this on me. People post that St Louis is ahead but no one has said how. Simple question. Why

beej

Rookie
I never said that. Stop putting this on me. People post that St Louis is ahead but no one has said how. Simple question. Why

uhhh... because we get tired of explaining it to you every monday and thursday...

what else do you wanna talk about. The weather. I think St Louis is behind San diego in rain fall too.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Better question is why do they have nothing, which is what you said earlier. If they have nothing, then why is all of this work being done by the task force?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
2050, given all of those problematic scenarios, why did they sign a contract knowing the potential problems?

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Better question is why do they have nothing, which is what you said earlier. If they have nothing, then why is all of this work being done by the task force?
I asked why is St Louis ahead. If that was the case someone should have said why.

No one has anything until all steps are actionable. It's being done for a chance to keep the Rams

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Good lord. I step away from the thread for a day or two and St. Louis has fallen behind SD and Stan Kroenke has been awarded owner of the year. Think I'll step back out.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I asked why is St Louis ahead. If that was the case someone should have said why.

No one has anything until all steps are actionable. It's being done for a chance to keep the Rams
Oh, they will be actionable. You're waiting on the inevitable before saying they have something. That's fine, but it will most likely get done.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Good lord. I step away from the thread for a day or two and St. Louis has fallen behind SD and Stan Kroenke has been awarded owner of the year. Think I'll step back out.
Yep, there's pretty much nothing to talk about, so now St. Louis and SD are at a dead heat as far as stadium planning goes.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think St Louis is behind San diego in rain fall too.

I think you got that backwards.

I also think that what Ripper is saying is that neither city is really ahead or behind the other one, because they're both essentially in the same place. They have a design on the table and still need to get the owners on board, still need to hash out some details, get financing in place, etc.

I wouldn't agree that St Louis isn't a little ahead, but I would disagree that they're leaps and bounds ahead. They're more detailed and they've identified available loopholes to get things pushed through. However unless either city gets the ownership to join in, they essentially have pretty drawings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you got that backwards.

I also think that what Ripper is saying is that neither city is really ahead or behind the other one, because they're both essentially in the same place. They have a design on the table and still need to get the owners on board, still need to hash out some details, get financing in place, etc.

I wouldn't agree that St Louis isn't a little ahead, but I would disagree that they're leaps and bounds ahead. They're more detailed and they've identified available loopholes to get things pushed through. However unless either city gets the ownership to join in, they essentially have pretty drawings.

The bolded is the key and it's something Grubman has said about San Diego, Oakland and St Louis.

No stadium designs have been produced, no specific funding sources have been identified and support from the team hasn’t been secured, said NFL Executive Vice President Eric Grubman, who’s overseeing possible franchise relocations to Los Angeles.

Grubman, however, praised the enthusiasm of the task force and said his visit was prompted by its hard work since being formed in January and some recent political leadership on the stadium, including county and city officials voting last week to share costs for attorneys and consultants with stadium financing expertise.

“This is the first time that there’s been a process and a discussion that really has suggested the league should come and get involved,” Grubman said during a lunchtime news conference at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter.

Grubman on San Diego's stadium proposal, doesn't look like the laughing stock or joke it's been made out to be. They're a little behind St Louis from the looks of it. They don't have a firm stadium design where St Louis does. Both cities have questions regarding financing, though St Louis has outlined theirs better they're just waiting on resolution on a few court cases. And neither city has an owner on board to support the stadium. Though Kroenke/Demoff are much more civil in their reactions to St Louis than Spanos/Fabiani.

“They have a specific site and they have at least the outline of a funding plan in terms of where the different pieces of financing would come from,” he said of Oakland and St. Louis. “They have a design of a stadium which has months of work behind it.”

Grubman here makes it sound like Oakland and St Louis are on equal footing, which is strange but then he's one of the few that has actually seen the Oakland proposal.

So what are San Diego's biggest hurdles according to Grubman? Funding, St Louis and Oakland also have those issues though to a lesser extent than San Diego.

1) They have a stadium design, we've seen the design for St Louis and not San Diego or Oakland just pictures from the outside.

2) None of the three home markets as of yet has the support of their home market teams.

3) St Louis is ahead because they have the stadium design and it's been presented and ok'd. Oakland is the only one to have 100% of the land. St Louis last I heard was nearly done purchasing the land but not quite done yet. San Diego has the land but needs to sell some for the financial side of the deal.

4) Funding is outlined for all three markets. None of them are complete, San Diego needs to sell land to pay for part of their proposal. Oakland's finances aren't known in detail but leaks say some things need to be hammered out with Davis and the NFL. St Louis has provided some of the details and has court cases pending to solidify things. San Diego has an outline on the lease/financial obligations post construction. Oakland again is rumored to have that outlined in their proposal but we haven't officially seen it. St Louis hasn't provided details on the lease for the team to play in the stadium.

Each city has issues and to pretend otherwise is just disingenuous. Some have a better handle on aspect than other cities but they all have issues. The biggest issue is none of the 3 teams have a clubs endorsement on their stadium and financial plans.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
i also wonder what there people were saying when Georgia did the exact same thing? she didnt like what was offered so she left, but she is a super villion, Stan does it and he is a hero. biased much?
Nah - I think you have top admit that Georgia was a super hero in the Lou 20 years ago. So the shoe is simply on the other foot and I think most here recognize that Stan shouldn't be loved by St Louis fans right now because of the possible relocation and that he has done nothing lately to assure them he even wants to stay. What fan base wouldn't be pissed at that?
you want details on Chargers and Raiders? ok, niether city has a suitable stadium plan, St Louis does, easy enough.
No. Not easy enough. We really don't know that St Louis has a suitable stadium plan. They seem to be doing good things and moving forward but no one has a known suitable plan. Wish they did but they don't.

and yet you gloss over the fact that the Chargers have been looking for a new stadium for at least 10 years now, and still have nothing acceptable. gloss over the fact that St Louis has stepped up and have a stadium planned that the NFL has said is a very good one, ever heard that about SD?
I never glossed over any of that. But there is more going on than just what is going on in St Louis. The NFL has said many of the same things to all the markets. That is probably not going to change until someone is named the winner of the LA sweepstakes. I have all along brought up what St Louis is doing and what is and isn't being said. Try that on someone else. But if someone wants to say that St Louis has X going for it that none of the others do, and I know otherwise, I'm going to bring it up. It has nothing to do with sides to me - just an open and honest debate or discussion.

This thread is pretty hilarious if you think about it. From my recollection of all the posts I have read through, it seems that pro L.A. folks are on offense and pro Stl people are on defense. That's my take on it, anyway. Can't wait for this to be over. :X3:
I don't really disagree with you here. But I think it is the logical nature of the dilemma. And I really agree with your last sentence.

ok so now you can speculate, but others cant? tell me anything you have heard that says Oakland has an acceptable plan, you cant because there is none.
Is there much here that is not speculation? I don't recall anyone saying anyone else can't speculate but maybe I missed it. I think we all see Oakland as being behind on putting together a workable plan but no one has an accepted plan so therefore we really don't know if any of them are acceptable. From my view, it would seem that St Louis is a fair amount ahead of SD which is a fair amount ahead of Oak. But that could be dead wrong or just meaningless if any one of the proposals is actually acceptable by owners and/or the NFL or for that matter, unacceptable.

I know the theme is that if St Louis secures financing they should keep the Rams. But there is very likely way more to it than just that in order for the plan to be "acceptable". And I don't even think any of us know what THAT may be either.

Ripper you know this well, and I am not arguing that the lease could not be ended, the fact is both sides were well inside their rights....nothing illegal or nefarious has occurred.
1. St. Louis did not violate the contract...they were aware of an escape clause and did not do what needed to be done to close it...but that is NOT violating or breaking the contract
2. Their is no evidence that St. Louis, when they entered the contract , did not know they wouldn't be able to meet this clause...not sure anyone could have foresaw the proliferation and growth/change in stadiums since the Ed was built. Not I am not saying that they didn't realize long ago that this clause would be an issue....just saying no evidence that they knew it at the time the contract was signed
3. It wasn't decided by a judge (at least not one acting as a judge at the time) but by an arbitration panel. It still was a bidding decision, but it wasn't legal decision (note I am not saying that it was illegal I am just saying it by it self did not have any governmental weight behind it)
I agree that there was nothing illegal or nefarious but I don't agree that the CVC's actions in all of this will be deemed meaningless just because St Louis is wanting to build something new. I just have to think the NFL will consider it and in no small measure.

do i really need to see all these SD proposals to know the NFL has said none were good enough? no matter the reason, they havent satisfied the NFL. the Chargers are stopping SD from building a stadium? hmm St Louis has an owner who has done just about everything to say he is leaving yet we go forward with stadium plans? tell me again whats stopping SD from doing the same.
Apparently SD IS doing the same and moving forward without the Chargers help or acceptance. St Louis started a little earlier in this round of proposals but the NFL has suggested that both cities go forward and in SD's case in spite of Fabiani trying to lay waste to the proposal.

I'm really trying to see the big difference between the SD and St Louis proposals at this point. It seems that St Louis is about a month ahead but other than that, the similarities seem greater than the differences.

Is this situation/problem going to be settled before the season is well played out?
I doubt it. Sure would be nice though.

I think what's frustrating are those of us in the middle. Seems that if we criticze St Louis, it means pro-LA.
I don't have any criticism of Kroenke because I have nothing to go on. And Carson to me is a joke
I have been hit with PMs from both angles. If I suspend or block anyone from the thread and they are pro LA, I hear from them that I am being unfair to them and always taking St Louis' side. If I do the other, I get it from the St Louis side. So I can only suggest we don't get overly offended because LA fans would like our team back or vise verse.

Specifically what makes us behind?
I don't think he said St Louis was behind. Just maybe not as far ahead as some in St Louis suggest.

Dude, please. You're stating things we all know around here. St. Louis is ahead, regardless of what you believe. Once this court thing is done, all of that will fall into place.
Hopefully so but I personally don't see that as the only hurdle remaining in this race.

so in other words, you're not reading (or ignoring) the other 10,000 posts on this thread.
No. I don't think he is saying or doing that at all. Please don't play that game. No doubt he is looking at it from his perspective as many others are here. Because he sees the tea leaves saying something different, doesn't mean he is ignoring or not reading what others have posted.
I think that is really what is going on. Some will put more credence in areas or sources that match their opinion. Seems pretty natural.

Sorry Tony but this doesn't seem to mesh with what the NFL is telling SD lately.

When did he say this?

I feel like I am defending Ripper and I'm not. I am just defending the latitude for members to see things different than others. I will say though that it seems he is being ganged up on just because he doesn't agree with what many in St Louis hold to be the real truth. I still see potential pitfalls beyond the court cases. It doesn't mean I am ignoring everything else.

We'll see how that vote in January will work out for them.
Indeed.

uhhh... because we get tired of explaining it to you every monday and thursday...

what else do you wanna talk about. The weather. I think St Louis is behind San diego in rain fall too.
Not one of your better posts IMO.

Aren't you worried about missing the pink elephants and flying monkeys?

Oh, they will be actionable. You're waiting on the inevitable before saying they have something. That's fine, but it will most likely get done.
Again - I hope you're right but I can understand not seeing it as a done deal until it's done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
3) St Louis is ahead because they have the stadium design and it's been presented and ok'd.
OK'd by whom? Maybe you're right but I haven't seen where that has been said by the NFL or Kroenke. I've seen where the NFL has said it likes the progress St Louis has made but not that they've ok'd it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK'd by whom? Maybe you're right but I haven't seen where that has been said by the NFL or Kroenke. I've seen where the NFL has said it likes the progress St Louis has made but not that they've ok'd it.

Not sure if OK'd was exactly what I meant more that Grubman I'm pretty sure said it meets with their standards. I could be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure we've seen Grubman say it's an acceptable stadium.

tonyl711

Starter
Not sure if OK'd was exactly what I meant more that Grubman I'm pretty sure said it meets with their standards. I could be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure we've seen Grubman say it's an acceptable stadium.
he has said that, but that doesnt mean the bulldozers are firing up, he just said that it is an acceptable proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.